Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
BANGOR - According to the American Transplant Foundation, on average 20 people a day die in the US from a lack of available organs for transplant.
Healthy ME - Emily Doody is the Emergency Department and Critical Care Services Administrative Assistant at Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center. She joined our morning team to discuss common misconceptions associated with organ, eye and tissue donations.
BANGOR - On Tuesday morning, members of an advisory committee for the Penobscot County Jail sat in front of county commissioners for a second time. They again recommended building a new jail.
Healthy ME - Sohonnel Thompson is the nurse manager at the Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center Intensive Care Unit. Wednesday morning she joined our morning team to kick off National Donate Life Month.
HAMPDEN - A Hampden road project could cause major traffic delays for local drivers, but according to Hampden's town manager, it'll be well worth it.
ORONO - The Universities of Maine in Orono and Machias officially passed the torch to its newest president during Friday morning's inauguration ceremony. Students, staff and honorable guests were at the Collins Center for the Arts to welcome President Joan Ferrini-Mundy.
BANGOR - Members of the Bangor Region Chamber of Commerce were talking trash at their early bird breakfast Wednesday morning.
BANGOR - Several schools in the Bangor and Orono areas are on lockdown Wednesday morning after alleged social media threats.
Bangor Superintendent Betsy Webb sent out a message via Twitter saying: "All Bangor schools are currently in lockdown due to an alleged social media threat to the Doughty School and Bangor High. Students are safe in the schools. We are working with the Bangor Police who are on site at all schools. We will keep parents informed."
BREWER - Coffee was poured and tables were set Wednesday morning, as the American Red Cross of Northern and Eastern Maine invited the community to Brewer for a special breakfast.
SWANVILLE - A Waldo County man has been charged with the murder of 26-year-old Shane Sauer of Belfast. The shooting happened sometime before 4:45 this morning.
- Jackson Lab to hire 300 new employees
- Officials warn of scammers posing as Emera workers
- Ellsworth PD investigating spread of counterfeit cash
- Bar Harbor murder trial to begin in May
- School food sharing table bill presented
- Criterion Theatre gets grant funding
- Event showcases research by Husson students, faculty
- Woman indicted for allegedly threatening Sen. Collins
- Members of Maine's congressional delegation react to Mueller report
- Penobscot County hosts Maine Sheriffs' Association Conference
- Final Color Bangor event takes place next month
- Theater offers camp for kids during vacation week
- Libertarians hold tax protest in Ellsworth
- Legislation aims to lower prescription drug prices
- Bill would give public employees the right to strike
- Scaramucci says Pelosi is 'the smartest person' amid Democratic calls for impeachment
- Kelly Ripa shares hilarious throwback Easter photo of son and daughter
- New York City ax attack leaves woman dead, another injured
- Anti-govt protests resume against Serbia's populist leader
- Columbine survivor on moments of shooting: 'I completely disassociated'
- Coexistence in a 'danger’ zone: An inside look at Israeli settlement in the West Bank
- Kim Kardashian reacts to college admissions scandal, would never use 'privilege' to help her kids
- Small plane crashes in southern Bulgaria, 2 killed
- Elizabeth Warren doubles down on Trump impeachment push, say it's ‘bigger than politics’
- France's Yellow Vest protesters return to the streets enraged by billions pledged to rebuild Notre Dame
- Pete Buttigieg was voted ‘most likely to be president’ in high school, report says
- India's chief justice accused of sexual harassment
- Boy Scout ranch focuses on wildfire recovery as season nears
- Trump takes aim at ‘highly conflicted’ Mueller, ‘fake news media’ amid Russia report fallout
- Serbia's "Lady Macbeth" buried near late strongman Milosevic
- Robert De Niro calls Trump ‘wannabe gangster’: ‘This guy has proven himself to be a total loser’
- Senior British politician Diane Abbott apologizes after photo captures her drinking on train
- FBI, police conduct frantic search for missing boy, 5, in suburban Chicago
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Avalanche beat Flames 5-1 in Game 5 to advance to 2nd round
- Kate Smith statue covered up in Philadelphia as late 'God Bless America' singer faces new scrutiny
- Matthews, Kapanen score late, Maple Leafs edge Bruins 2-1
- Celtics beat Pacers 104-96 to take 3-0 series lead
- Phil Knight on Tiger Woods’ 2019 Masters win: ‘Gave me goosebumps’ and ‘a few tears’
- Alabama alum and Chicago Bears defensive back Ha Ha Clinton-Dix has degree withheld over $1 debt
- Alabama alumni and Chicago Bears defensive back Ha Ha Clinton-Dix has degree withheld over $1 debt
- Rob Gronkowski has one-word response to denting Super Bowl trophy
- Baltimore Ravens owner commits $100G to help rebuild churches ruined in arson attacks
- Sharks start fast to stay alive, beat Golden Knights 5-2
- UFC fighter says he mistakenly gave blood sample to stranger
- Viral video shows 76ers in a moment of alleged post-flatulence