Kelly Mitchell joined the news team in March of 2018. She grew up splitting her time between York, ME and Haverhill, MA, but her favorite childhood memories took place along the rocky coast of southern Maine. She's now excited to explore other parts of the state.
She graduated from Suffolk University, where she got her first taste of journalism covering the Boston Marathon bombing trial live from the courtroom. She spent the end of her college career working as a writer at WHDH in Boston.
An avid traveler, she's visited ten countries and used to live in Spain. When not working, Kelly can be found reading with a coffee, out with friends, or wandering by the ocean.
AUGUSTA - Multiple lawmakers are looking to change healthcare coverage in Maine, and one is suggesting the state switch to a single payer system.
AUGUSTA - Lawmakers discussed a bill at its work session Wednesday that's aimed to protect taxpayers in the privatization of some state services.
ELLSWORTH - In memory of a baby girl from Hancock County, the greater Ellsworth community hosted the first ever Kinsley Ray 5K on Saturday morning.
CASTINE - Senator Susan Collins said she's relieved the Mueller report found no conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia.
AUGUSTA - A bill to prevent rural hospitals and healthcare clinics from closing has bipartisan support on the state level.
AUGUSTA - Columbus Day is now Indigenous Peoples' Day in Maine. Tribal chiefs and state legislators said they hope this can be the first step in better tribal education, and better tribal and state relations.
- Lincoln Loon Festival returns
- Robbery suspect accused of witness tampering
- Lane closure on Main Street due to construction
- Hudson teen dies in crash
- Alleged credit union robber accused of tampering with witness
- Police suspect body found to be that of Augusta transient
- Maine's blueberry industry may get federal help
- Independence Day celebration stretches Acadia thin
- Stillwater Academy moving into former roller rink
- Grill fire spreads, destroys Parkman home
- Police investigating after body found in Augusta apartment
- Elderly woman killed in parking lot accident
- Attorney for accused murderer to ask state to drop charges
- DHS chief decries 'child recycling' at border, recalls migrant who ‘bought’ infant for $80 to exploit loopholes
- President of flight attendants union likens cramped airplane seating to a 'torture chamber'
- Meghan McCain tells Ivanka and Jared to speak up after Trump rally: 'Where are you?'
- Cambodia to return 1,600 tons of waste back to the US, Canada
- AOC, Ilhan Omar accuse Trump of 'spewing fascist ideology' after rally
- 12 Israeli teenagers held in Cyprus over alleged rape of British woman
- Video game cheaters get a taste of their own medicine
- Tom Del Beccaro: How health care can make Republicans winners in 2020
- YouTube star's death prompts Amazon to push for e-scooter safety warnings in UK
- Origins of Michael Cohen probe unsealed: Court files reveal what led to FBI raids
- Chef fired for pouring 'boiling' butter down coworker's pants 'for a crack and a laugh'
- 'Fox & Friends' hosts on Trump's North Carolina rally: 2020 race is becoming Trump vs. The Squad
- Retired NYC firefighter becomes 199th to die from 9/11-related illness
- German woman caught attempting to purchase car with home-printed money
- UK Labour leader slams Trump's attacks on 'squad', one day after being criticized for party's lingering anti-Semitism
- Apollo 11: Google creates huge moonlight portrait larger than Central Park to honor epic mission
- Notre Dame security guard delayed response after going to wrong building when fire first broke out: report
- Apollo 11: Never-before-seen video reveals lunar samples were searched for signs of life
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Man who allegedly stole Super Bowl champion's rings stopped with help from 'Pawn Stars' shop
- Oklahoma City Thunder officials receive threatening voicemail after Paul George trade, police say
- US Open plans to bend rules to make sure they get Coco Gauff
- Ex-UFC fighter Abel 'Killa' Trujillo charged with sexual exploitation of child: reports
- Baker Mayfield's annoying Instagram habit courted future wife
- Baker Mayfield trashes New York Giants fans in defense of Odell Beckham Jr
- Dwight Howard opens up about Kobe Bryant calling him 'soft': 'I hated him for that moment'
- MLB players call on Puerto Rico governor to resign over leaked text messages
- Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr says 'GOP has sold its soul to Trump'
- Los Angeles Galaxy star Zlatan Ibrahimovic knows exactly what's not at Area 51
- David Price, Dennis Eckersley feud reignites after plane incident resurfaces
- Angels pitcher Noe Ramirez suspended for 3 games