Kelly Mitchell joined the news team in March of 2018. She grew up splitting her time between York, ME and Haverhill, MA, but her favorite childhood memories took place along the rocky coast of southern Maine. She's now excited to explore other parts of the state.
She graduated from Suffolk University, where she got her first taste of journalism covering the Boston Marathon bombing trial live from the courtroom. She spent the end of her college career working as a writer at WHDH in Boston.
An avid traveler, she's visited ten countries and used to live in Spain. When not working, Kelly can be found reading with a coffee, out with friends, or wandering by the ocean.
PITTSFIELD - Veterans have said a local skydiving program has bettered their lives, helping them adjust to life back home. The adrenaline-based program has grown to include more people.
STATEWIDE - Millions of people are expected to travel through New England this holiday weekend, and officials are warning drivers it could take twice or three times as long to travel compared to a normal day.
AUGUSTA - A statewide conference got students thinking about how to respect differences in others, and make their schools a better place.
ELLSWORTH - The Ellsworth Area Chamber of Commerce was getting down to business Thursday evening with their annual awards night.
AUGUSTA - This week is National Police Week, and at a memorial by the Maine State House Thursday, Mainers gathered to honor the state's fallen law enforcement.
AUGUSTA - Walking to help the wounded, that's how almost 200 students at Saint Michael School in Augusta spent their Wednesday.
BANGOR - Senator Susan Collins said she's working in Washington, DC to lower the high cost of prescription drugs.
AUGUSTA - Bills regarding the storage of firearms were a topic of contention at the Maine State House Friday. Supporters said they protect kids and are common sense bills, but those opposed feel you can't legislate good parenting.
- Tribute to Bangor attorney raises $10,000 to fight cancer
- Humane society offers pet safety tips during heatwave
- Augusta police seeking Quick Mart robber
- Gouldsboro man accused of stealing, burning SUV
- Man arrested after Waldo stabbing
- Guilty verdict in trial of Lewiston man
- Rollover ties up traffic on I-95
- Lincoln Loon Festival returns
- Robbery suspect accused of witness tampering
- Lane closure on Main Street due to construction
- Hudson teen dies in crash
- Alleged credit union robber accused of tampering with witness
- Police suspect body found to be that of Augusta transient
- Should we return to the Moon? Apollo astronauts give their thoughts
- 200M across US brace for record heatwave; NYC orders tall buildings to raise temps to avoid another blackout
- McDonald's in Florida discriminated against Jewish man, wanted him to shave his beard, lawsuit says
- Biggest Mafia bust in Ontario, Canada, nets 15 arrests, $33 million worth of homes and cars
- Convicted murderer, 77, deemed too old to be a threat, fatally stabbed woman in front of her children
- Trump mocks ‘staged’ greeting for Ilhan Omar, accuses media of ‘sick partnership’ with squad
- Future fighter jets will use AI-enabled weapons and sensors
- David Crosby opens up about how he got clean from drugs while in prison
- University of Central Florida student told alleged rape victim ' I just really wanted to have sex': police
- Oklahoma man allegedly raped toddler in McDonald's restroom during daycare field trip: police
- Indiana mom allegedly left child in hot car during interview with Department of Child Services: report
- Rick McDaniel: Let’s celebrate the greatest achievement in human history
- Kamala Harris, a critic of Acosta's Epstein plea deal, under fire for agreement she negotiated as California AG
- California dad drowns in Oregon river while trying to save his daughter: reports
- Airman shot in leg at Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada; circumstances being investigated
- Here’s what we’ve left behind on the Moon
- Omar vows to continue being Trump's 'nightmare' as hundreds greet her in Minnesota
- Iran denies claim that US warship destroyed Iranian drone
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Tiger Woods hints health, 'Father Time', is an issue after first round struggles at The Open: 'Just the way it's going to be'
- Miami Dolphins' Kendrick Norton released from hospital 2 weeks after losing arm in crash
- Man who allegedly stole Super Bowl champion's rings stopped with help from 'Pawn Stars' shop
- Oklahoma City Thunder officials receive threatening voicemail after Paul George trade, police say
- US Open plans to bend rules to make sure they get Coco Gauff
- Ex-UFC fighter Abel 'Killa' Trujillo charged with sexual exploitation of child: reports
- Baker Mayfield's annoying Instagram habit courted future wife
- Baker Mayfield trashes New York Giants fans in defense of Odell Beckham Jr
- Dwight Howard opens up about Kobe Bryant calling him 'soft': 'I hated him for that moment'
- MLB players call on Puerto Rico governor to resign over leaked text messages
- Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr says 'GOP has sold its soul to Trump'
- Los Angeles Galaxy star Zlatan Ibrahimovic knows exactly what's not at Area 51