Kelly Mitchell joined the news team in March of 2018. She grew up splitting her time between York, ME and Haverhill, MA, but her favorite childhood memories took place along the rocky coast of southern Maine. She's now excited to explore other parts of the state.
She graduated from Suffolk University, where she got her first taste of journalism covering the Boston Marathon bombing trial live from the courtroom. She spent the end of her college career working as a writer at WHDH in Boston.
An avid traveler, she's visited ten countries and used to live in Spain. When not working, Kelly can be found reading with a coffee, out with friends, or wandering by the ocean.
OLD TOWN - Basketball wasn't the only competition happening this weekend. The University of Maine Woodsmen team held their home meet on Saturday.
ELLSWORTH - You might want to take a good look at it, because a 19th century fire house on Route 1A may not be around much longer.
AUGUSTA - Some state legislators are trying to make it easier for women to get an abortion, but that would require state funding.
AUGUSTA - How many times have you gotten a phone call from an out of state telemarketer, or someone with a 207 number that turns out to be a computer? Some state legislators are trying to change that.
AUGUSTA - A state legislator is trying to simplify requirements for apprentice lobster and crab fishing licenses and for student lobster and crab fishing licenses.
HERMON - Plow truck drivers have been out in full force since early Wednesday morning. To find out how they're handling the storm, our news team rode along with one of Hermon's plow truck drivers on one of their routes.
AUGUSTA - It's been about a year since the Downeast Correctional Facility in Machiasport closed abruptly, leaving more than thirty people without a job.
BANGOR - An annual event in Bangor highlighted Maine's craft beer scene with two tasting sessions Saturday.
CAMDEN - The legal team for Sharon Carrillo wants statements given by her to law enforcement to not be used in her trial.
- Dance show features students' cultures
- Maine man accused of 1993 murder
- Officials investigate 2 fatal snowmobile crashes
- Windham man arrested in early morning shooting
- Annual "Winter White Out" took place at Shaw's Saturday
- Ellsworth evaluating their EMS services
- Habitat for Humanity breaks ground on multi-unit building
- Popular spud used at local restaurants during basketball tourney
- Katahdin Area Winterfest underway
- Accused Patten bank robber appears in court
- One person killed, two injured in Belfast accident
- Accused dog killer back in court
- Man pleads guilty to meth lab charge
- Bangor's Winterfest set for Saturday
- AARP Maine hosting On Tap events for seniors
- Missing Delaware woman found after crash
- Everything is free at The Storehouse
- Mistrial declared in man's murder trial
- Graduation gown flap at Foxcroft Academy
- Sailor in iconic World War II kissing photo in Times Square dies at 95
- California's gun seizure program hits hurdles
- Hurricane Michael devastation hurts future education of Florida panhandle students
- Philippines says 136 people have died in measles outbreak
- Andrew McCarthy: McCabe and ‘60 Minutes’ avoid discussing WHY Russia factored in Comey’s firing
- Kim Kardashian invites wardrobe malfunction in vintage gown
- Oakland, California diocese names 45 accused of sexual abuse
- Mysterious 'witches marks' discovered in ancient cave in Creswell Crags, England
- Arizona man rescued after getting stuck in quicksand for hours at Zion National Park
- Retired police officer is perfect kidney donor match for former beat partner
- Jurors say they're at impasse on some prison riot charges
- Why men who can do 40 push-ups may have better heart health
- Texas parents allegedly kill 3-year-old daughter and stash her body in an acid-filled container
- Intelligence community migrates to cloud technology at lightning speed
- Police officer leaves pregnant waitress $100 tip along with 'lovely message' written on check
- German lawmaker wants to ban smartphones for kids under the age of 14
- Trump warns ISIS fighters may be released if European allies don't take them back
- Aurora shooting victim's heartbreaking text to his wife during rampage
- What Is A Puja Ceremony? Inside Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas' Pre-Wedding Ritual
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- New York Yankees' star pitchers chide New York Mets' Jacob deGrom over possible innings limit
- Bobsled track worker narrowly escapes serious injury at World Cup event
- San Diego Fleet's Philip Nelson turns heads with improbable no-look pass
- Financially-strapped Italian soccer club fields seven players in 20-0 loss
- Orlando Apollos' Ryan Davis suffers spinal injury after colliding with teammate during game
- Pittsburgh Steelers' Antonio Brown takes jab at Ben Roethlisberger on social media
- Florida Panthers’ Barkov scores the ‘prettiest goal’ of the season, goes viral
- Red Sox pitcher Heath Hembree stands by earlier Trump endorsement
- Team LeBron rallies to beat Team Giannis, 178-164
- Former tennis champ Martina Navratilova criticized for comments about trans athletes
- Anthony Hamilton sings stirring rendition of national anthem at All-Star Game
- New-look Daytona 500 has a certain throwback feel