Nit-Noi Ricker is an Army brat who grew up on a farm in Winterport. She went to the University of Maine and the University of Northern Texas to learn how to be a journalist and started her career in Arizona at the Williams-Grand Canyon News, where she learned every skill needed to produce a small newspaper and earned the Excellence in Journalism Award in 2001 from the American Society of Civil Engineers. Maine, however, kept calling her name and she and her son, Zak, returned home in 2003. She covered sports for the Belfast Republican Journal for a short time before landing a job at the Bangor Daily News, where for nearly 15 years she covered breaking news, town meetings and the issues people were talking about all over Maine. In that time, she also married a Bangor native and had a second son, Darby, and along with her craft beer-making husband, Cory, started a brewery. Nit-Noi joined the WVII team in February 2018.
You can email her at [email protected].
BANGOR - In a plea agreement, a Bangor woman admitted to stealing around $6,800 from donation plates at the Columbia Street Baptist Church.
BANGOR - A Millinocket man was sentenced on Monday to time in federal prison for setting a church fire in his hometown last year.
NEWPORT - More than four decades ago, a Pennsylvania woman got on a bus heading to Bangor but never arrived.
BUCKSPORT - A local motel manager is speaking out about charges he assaulted three children while in his care last summer.
BANGOR - The Home Brewers of Greater Bangor are holding a beer festival this Saturday, and it's not too late to sign up to bring beer.
AUGUSTA - There is a new "Red Flag" bill in the works designed to get weapons out of the hands of those in crisis, and it was written by the Sportsman's Alliance of Maine.
AUGUSTA - Even though there are federal programs in place to erase student loans for veterans who are totally and permanently disabled, thousands are in default and have debt collectors calling them.
BANGOR - A Hampden man charged with robbing a Bangor credit union earlier this year was officially indicted Tuesday on federal charges.
BANGOR - It started out as a missing person and possible robbery of a fast food restaurant on Broadway, but turned out to be a scam for money.
- Lincoln Loon Festival returns
- Robbery suspect accused of witness tampering
- Lane closure on Main Street due to construction
- Hudson teen dies in crash
- Alleged credit union robber accused of tampering with witness
- Police suspect body found to be that of Augusta transient
- Maine's blueberry industry may get federal help
- Independence Day celebration stretches Acadia thin
- Stillwater Academy moving into former roller rink
- Grill fire spreads, destroys Parkman home
- Police investigating after body found in Augusta apartment
- Elderly woman killed in parking lot accident
- Attorney for accused murderer to ask state to drop charges
- DHS chief decries 'child recycling' at border, recalls migrant who ‘bought’ infant for $80 to exploit loopholes
- President of flight attendants union likens cramped airplane seating to a 'torture chamber'
- Meghan McCain tells Ivanka and Jared to speak up after Trump rally: 'Where are you?'
- Cambodia to return 1,600 tons of waste back to the US, Canada
- AOC, Ilhan Omar accuse Trump of 'spewing fascist ideology' after rally
- 12 Israeli teenagers held in Cyprus over alleged rape of British woman
- Video game cheaters get a taste of their own medicine
- Tom Del Beccaro: How health care can make Republicans winners in 2020
- YouTube star's death prompts Amazon to push for e-scooter safety warnings in UK
- Origins of Michael Cohen probe unsealed: Court files reveal what led to FBI raids
- Chef fired for pouring 'boiling' butter down coworker's pants 'for a crack and a laugh'
- 'Fox & Friends' hosts on Trump's North Carolina rally: 2020 race is becoming Trump vs. The Squad
- Retired NYC firefighter becomes 199th to die from 9/11-related illness
- German woman caught attempting to purchase car with home-printed money
- UK Labour leader slams Trump's attacks on 'squad', one day after being criticized for party's lingering anti-Semitism
- Apollo 11: Google creates huge moonlight portrait larger than Central Park to honor epic mission
- Notre Dame security guard delayed response after going to wrong building when fire first broke out: report
- Apollo 11: Never-before-seen video reveals lunar samples were searched for signs of life
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Man who allegedly stole Super Bowl champion's rings stopped with help from 'Pawn Stars' shop
- Oklahoma City Thunder officials receive threatening voicemail after Paul George trade, police say
- US Open plans to bend rules to make sure they get Coco Gauff
- Ex-UFC fighter Abel 'Killa' Trujillo charged with sexual exploitation of child: reports
- Baker Mayfield's annoying Instagram habit courted future wife
- Baker Mayfield trashes New York Giants fans in defense of Odell Beckham Jr
- Dwight Howard opens up about Kobe Bryant calling him 'soft': 'I hated him for that moment'
- MLB players call on Puerto Rico governor to resign over leaked text messages
- Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr says 'GOP has sold its soul to Trump'
- Los Angeles Galaxy star Zlatan Ibrahimovic knows exactly what's not at Area 51
- David Price, Dennis Eckersley feud reignites after plane incident resurfaces
- Angels pitcher Noe Ramirez suspended for 3 games