Nit-Noi Ricker is an Army brat who grew up on a farm in Winterport. She went to the University of Maine and the University of Northern Texas to learn how to be a journalist and started her career in Arizona at the Williams-Grand Canyon News, where she learned every skill needed to produce a small newspaper and earned the Excellence in Journalism Award in 2001 from the American Society of Civil Engineers. Maine, however, kept calling her name and she and her son, Zak, returned home in 2003. She covered sports for the Belfast Republican Journal for a short time before landing a job at the Bangor Daily News, where for nearly 15 years she covered breaking news, town meetings and the issues people were talking about all over Maine. In that time, she also married a Bangor native and had a second son, Darby, and along with her craft beer-making husband, Cory, started a brewery. Nit-Noi joined the WVII team in February 2018.
You can email her at [email protected].
BANGOR - A Stetson man was arrested Wednesday for a 33-year-old unsolved sexual assault and murder of an 11-year-old girl in Connecticut.
OLD TOWN -- City officials approached resident and music promoter Alex Gray about an empty building in the center of town, and he recently purchased it and the one next door.
BANGOR - A Bucksport woman died a mysterious death in Orrington two years ago Tuesday and her family is still searching for answers.
PORTLAND - Tuesday was day two of the murder trial for John Williams -- the man charged with shooting Cpl. Eugene Cole in the line of duty last April.
PORTLAND - Just before the murder trial of a Maine man accused of shooting a sheriff's deputy, the family of Cpl. Eugene Cole quietly took seats in the front row of the small courtroom at the Cumberland County Courthouse.
BANGOR - The attorneys for a Maine couple charged in the beating death of a 10-year-old elementary school student in Stockton Springs last year have learned they will not be tried together.
BELFAST - A 22-year-old Morrill man charged in the March 15 shooting death of a Belfast man was in court on Thursday.
BANGOR - Hundreds of Mainers joined the military during World War II and many were serving at locations around the globe when the invasion of D-Day took place 75 years ago.
BANGOR - The Cole Land Transportation Museum hosts hundreds of school children from around the state every year, who take part in the veteran-student interview program.
HOULTON - The murder trial of an Easton man charged with killing his 79-year-old stepfather in Bridgewater last year will begin tomorrow.
- One person dead in head-on collision
- Downeast Horizons residents treated to lumberjack show
- Astronomy center marking moon landing's 50th anniversary
- Hospital officials, nurses at odds over contract
- Bangor police investigating window smashings
- Grower: Strawberry crop 'very, very good'
- Tribute to Bangor attorney raises $10,000 to fight cancer
- Humane society offers pet safety tips during heatwave
- Augusta police seeking Quick Mart robber
- Gouldsboro man accused of stealing, burning SUV
- Man arrested after Waldo stabbing
- Guilty verdict in trial of Lewiston man
- Rollover ties up traffic on I-95
- Lincoln Loon Festival returns
- Robbery suspect accused of witness tampering
- Lane closure on Main Street due to construction
- Hudson teen dies in crash
- 'Modern Family' star Sarah Hyland responds to Instagram troll who criticized engagement ring videos
- Apollo 11: Original Moon landing recordings bought for $217 in 1976 sold at auction for $1.82M
- Hungary backs Trump on asylum crackdown as it touts its own border success
- Legionnaires' disease bacteria found in Maine water district samples, state CDC says
- On Apollo 11 anniversary, Pence announces that Orion capsule for manned Moon missions is ready for debut flight
- Mike Pence: We’re heading back to the moon and then on to Mars
- Dan Gainor: Media convict of Trump of racism and moon program of sexism
- #Behonest: Canada airport kiosk relies on the honesty of customers
- South Dakota woman survives freak lawn mower accident that left her neck sliced open
- Rare albino porcupine spotted at Maine museum
- NASA chief: Future Artemis Moon missions will build on Apollo 11’s incredible legacy
- Heatwave across US could see feels-like temps reach triple digits this weekend, NWS warns
- Vatican begins examination of bones found in cemetery in a bid to solve mysterious disappearance of girl
- Ohio pharmaceutical distributor accused of flooding Appalachia with opioids
- Trump offers to 'vouch' for A$AP Rocky in call with Swedish PM
- Arizona Dem Kyrsten Sinema joins GOP in push for program that would quickly deport migrants without valid asylum claims
- Puerto Rico's governor goes AWOL as protesters gather outside his residence, US officials call to step down
- Britain warns of 'serious consequences' if Iran doesn't release seized tanker as regime insists it was 'reciprocal' move
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- British Open golfer Kyle Stanley refuses to apologize for not yelling ‘Fore’ after wayward shot
- Russian boxer Maksim Dadashev undergoes brain surgery after devastating loss: reports
- Reigning time-trial world champion Rohan Dennis quits Tour de France in midstage
- Massachusetts teens hailed for giving spare Red Sox ticket to homeless man
- Ex-New York Giants offensive lineman Mitch Petrus dies of heat stroke at age 32
- Kansas City Chiefs star Tyreek Hill won't be suspended by NFL over child abuse allegations
- Tiger Woods hints health, 'Father Time', is an issue after first round struggles at The Open: 'Just the way it's going to be'
- Miami Dolphins' Kendrick Norton released from hospital 2 weeks after losing arm in crash
- Man who allegedly stole Super Bowl champion's rings stopped with help from 'Pawn Stars' shop
- Oklahoma City Thunder officials receive threatening voicemail after Paul George trade, police say
- US Open plans to bend rules to make sure they get Coco Gauff
- Ex-UFC fighter Abel 'Killa' Trujillo charged with sexual exploitation of child: reports