Nit-Noi Ricker is an Army brat who grew up on a farm in Winterport. She went to the University of Maine and the University of Northern Texas to learn how to be a journalist and started her career in Arizona at the Williams-Grand Canyon News, where she learned every skill needed to produce a small newspaper and earned the Excellence in Journalism Award in 2001 from the American Society of Civil Engineers. Maine, however, kept calling her name and she and her son, Zak, returned home in 2003. She covered sports for the Belfast Republican Journal for a short time before landing a job at the Bangor Daily News, where for nearly 15 years she covered breaking news, town meetings and the issues people were talking about all over Maine. In that time, she also married a Bangor native and had a second son, Darby, and along with her craft beer-making husband, Cory, started a brewery. Nit-Noi joined the WVII team in February 2018.
You can email her at [email protected].
BREWER - An adult riding a bicycle on Wilson Street was injured Wednesday morning when he was hit by a car.
MILLINOCKET - Thirty-six years ago, a Texas woman came to Maine for the adventure of a lifetime, but then she disappeared without a trace after entering the 100-Mile Wilderness.
DOVER-FOXCROFT – A Shirley man charged Monday with aggravated attempted murder reportedly hid in a horse barn and got the jump on his 29-year-old female relative.
STOCKTON SPRINGS - Family members of a Stockton Springs woman who was beaten to death 35 years ago say they believe they know who killed her, but don't have concrete evidence.
HAMPDEN - While Maine State Police were responding to a call about a Massachusetts vehicle going off Interstate 95 in Carmel, they received a second call about the same vehicle ramming into the back of a tractor trailer just down the road in Hampden.
BANGOR - The murder of an openly gay Bangor man 35 years ago put the city in an ugly spotlight that the current mayor says eventually led to positive changes.
SHIRLEY – A relative of the owner of a farm stand in town reportedly shot her early Monday, and was later arrested at gunpoint by Maine State Police.
SHIRLEY MILLS – A relative of the owner of a farm stand in town reportedly shot her early Monday, and was later arrested at gunpoint by Maine State Police.
BANGOR - Bail was set at $50,000 for a local man charged with elevated aggravated assault in last Tuesday's shooting on Union Street.
BANGOR - A 21-year-old local mother who admitted in court on Tuesday that she shot up with methamphetamines and then a few minutes later breast fed her child will not be going to jail.
- Grill fire spreads, destroys Parkman home
- Police investigating after body found in Augusta apartment
- Elderly woman killed in parking lot accident
- Attorney for accused murderer to ask state to drop charges
- Bangor PD's newest K9 team hits the streets
- PCHC reports possible data breach
- Bangor police seeking leads on vandalism cases
- Census Bureau: Mailing to Fairfield resident 'legit'
- Trial for man accused in stabbing death underway
- Orrington residents approve new $2.8M public safety building
- Fire and arc flash reported at Nine Dragons Paper in Old Town
- Accused murderer of 10-year-old girl to change plea
- State forest ranger suffers serious injuries
- Police issue census scam warning
- Public safety building referendum underway
- UPDATE: No injuries in Old Town mill fire
- No daytime parking Tuesday on Columbia Street
- Andy Puzder: Raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour and families will have less money. Why Dems should worry
- Orange County reached settlement that allows cops to arrest homeless people in some areas
- North Carolina man clad only in tennis shoes told deputies he took ‘date rape’ drug: police
- Feds confirm ‘Ice Bae’ is a CBP officer, is free to use social media
- Pakistan arrests US-wanted terror suspect in Mumbai attacks
- Were the Vikings smoking pot while exploring Newfoundland?
- Front porch envy: 10 affordable ideas for making the neighbors jealous
- House orders Pentagon to reveal whether it turned ticks into biological weapons
- Trump’s harsh attacks produce the debate he wants, on Socialist Democrats
- Marc Thiessen: Dems are party of illegal immigration – Say Trump isn’t above law, but illegal immigrants are
- Utah boy selling ‘ice cold beer’ appears to be a savvy marketer
- Alyssa Milano raises eyebrows after announcing which candidate's fundraiser she'll be attending
- California police officer, veteran died in his sleep at 36: police
- Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger: a Republican immigrant from Jamaica
- Ingraham on AOC's America versus Trump's
- Virginia woman contracts flesh-eating infection, has emergency surgery after 10 minutes swimming at local beach
- Porch pirate steals medicine from heart transplant recipient's door-step: report
- Ben Shapiro: America 'less ambitious' about space travel in 50 years since Apollo 11 launch
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Italian cyclist, 17, suffers gruesome injury during crash in Belgium race
- Texas says 10-win season not enough to be 'back' in Big 12
- Lawyer sentenced to 5 years for scamming Barkley, others
- Legal sports betting begins in upstate New York
- Bezuidenhout seeks Portrush 'revenge' after beta-blocker ban
- Woods trying to get up to speed for final major of year
- New York's Yankee Stadium hit by swarm of 25,000 bees before game
- NFL stars Keenan Allen, DeMarcus Lawrence blast 'Madden' over their player rating
- Tom Brady campaigns for better 'Madden' speed rating
- Washington Redskins' Alex Smith ditches leg brace 8 months after gruesome injury
- Seattle Seahawks' Griffin brothers open up about inseparable bond that carried them to pro football
- Phil Mickelson fasts for 6 days, loses 15 pounds ahead of Open Championship