Nit-Noi Ricker is an Army brat who grew up on a farm in Winterport. She went to the University of Maine and the University of Northern Texas to learn how to be a journalist and started her career in Arizona at the Williams-Grand Canyon News, where she learned every skill needed to produce a small newspaper and earned the Excellence in Journalism Award in 2001 from the American Society of Civil Engineers. Maine, however, kept calling her name and she and her son, Zak, returned home in 2003. She covered sports for the Belfast Republican Journal for a short time before landing a job at the Bangor Daily News, where for nearly 15 years she covered breaking news, town meetings and the issues people were talking about all over Maine. In that time, she also married a Bangor native and had a second son, Darby, and along with her craft beer-making husband, Cory, started a brewery. Nit-Noi joined the WVII team in February 2018.
You can email her at [email protected].
BANGOR - It's been more than 24 years since the brutal beating death of 8-month-old Aisha Dickson -- one of only three unsolved homicides in Bangor -- but it's still raw for the couple listed in the baby's obituary as her "adopted grandparents."
BANGOR - Millinocket native Peter Kelleher lost his son, Travis, in a 2016 drug overdose in Bangor, and since then has been working to help those who live on the streets.
WATERVILLE - A local transient was arrested on Tuesday and charged him with robbing the Bangor Savings Bank after he literately fell right in front of an alert law enforcement officer.
STATEWIDE - There is good news on the horizon for veterans who have to travel long distances for healthcare.
BANGOR - A Millinocket native who now lives in Massachusetts and is known as "The Soupman" is back in Maine to give out backpacks filled with items for the homeless.
ETNA - Two of the three Bangor teens charged in the armed robbery of the Etna Village Variety Store are now behind bars.
BANGOR - Friends and family members of a Millinocket teenager who reportedly overdosed on drugs in Bangor will gather this weekend to remember his life, and to send a message to other users.
BANGOR - Twenty four years ago, 8-month-old Aisha Mariah Dickson was tortured to death in an apartment on Bald Mountain Drive.
- Officials investigate 2 fatal snowmobile crashes
- Windham man arrested in early morning shooting
- Annual "Winter White Out" took place at Shaw's Saturday
- Ellsworth evaluating their EMS services
- Habitat for Humanity breaks ground on multi-unit building
- Popular spud used at local restaurants during basketball tourney
- Katahdin Area Winterfest underway
- Accused Patten bank robber appears in court
- One person killed, two injured in Belfast accident
- Accused dog killer back in court
- Man pleads guilty to meth lab charge
- Bangor's Winterfest set for Saturday
- AARP Maine hosting On Tap events for seniors
- Missing Delaware woman found after crash
- Everything is free at The Storehouse
- Mistrial declared in man's murder trial
- Graduation gown flap at Foxcroft Academy
- Jurors could see pay increase
- Police officer leaves pregnant waitress $100 tip along with 'lovely message' written on check
- German lawmaker wants to ban smartphones for kids under the age of 14
- Trump warns ISIS fighters may be released if European allies don't take them back
- Aurora shooting victim's heartbreaking text to his wife during rampage
- White House: We have strong legal ground for a national emergency at the border
- Vatican: US prelate accused of abuse not at high court
- Report: 58-year-old Joanna Smith gets a new tongue made from a vein and pieces of her arm
- UK-based man charged with inciting attack in Germany
- Pope Francis lifts suspension on Nicaraguan priest, poet
- Did the media fairly report the Jussie Smollett investigation?
- North Macedonia police report breaking up firearms ring
- Politicians who jumped on Jussie Smollett attack claim in awkward spot
- California man faces hate crime charges after punching 7-Eleven clerk, saying he 'hated Muslims'
- Chicago police no longer considering Jussie Smollett the victim of a hate crime
- Trump may veto legislation that blocks national emergency declaration
- WWE star Paige talks 'Fighting with my Family,' becoming the next Dwayne Johnson
- Dog reunited with owner after 8-month, 175-mile journey
- Brazil's #metoo moment: Spiritual guru accused of sex abuse
- What Is A Puja Ceremony? Inside Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas' Pre-Wedding Ritual
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Bobsled track worker narrowly escapes serious injury at World Cup event
- San Diego Fleet's Philip Nelson turns heads with improbable no-look pass
- Financially-strapped Italian soccer club fields seven players in 20-0 loss
- Orlando Apollos' Ryan Davis suffers spinal injury after colliding with teammate during game
- Pittsburgh Steelers' Antonio Brown takes jab at Ben Roethlisberger on social media
- Florida Panthers’ Barkov scores the ‘prettiest goal’ of the season, goes viral
- Red Sox pitcher Heath Hembree stands by earlier Trump endorsement
- Team LeBron rallies to beat Team Giannis, 178-164
- Former tennis champ Martina Navratilova criticized for comments about trans athletes
- Anthony Hamilton sings stirring rendition of national anthem at All-Star Game
- New-look Daytona 500 has a certain throwback feel
- Oklahoma City's Diallo leaps over Shaq to win dunk contest