Nit-Noi Ricker is an Army brat who grew up on a farm in Winterport. She went to the University of Maine and the University of Northern Texas to learn how to be a journalist and started her career in Arizona at the Williams-Grand Canyon News, where she learned every skill needed to produce a small newspaper and earned the Excellence in Journalism Award in 2001 from the American Society of Civil Engineers. Maine, however, kept calling her name and she and her son, Zak, returned home in 2003. She covered sports for the Belfast Republican Journal for a short time before landing a job at the Bangor Daily News, where for nearly 15 years she covered breaking news, town meetings and the issues people were talking about all over Maine. In that time, she also married a Bangor native and had a second son, Darby, and along with her craft beer-making husband, Cory, started a brewery. Nit-Noi joined the WVII team in February 2018.
You can email her at [email protected].
NORTHEAST HARBOR - There are numerous questions surrounding an unsolved homicide in town more than four decades ago, but few answers.
BANGOR - The Stetson man accused of murder, sexual assault and kidnapping an 11-year-old girl in Connecticut more than three decades ago, is heading back to Connecticut to face the charges.
BANGOR - The chief of the Maine State Police released more details about their investigation into the April accident that killed one of their own.
STETSON - Thirty-three years ago a horrendous sexual assault and strangulation of an 11-year-old girl happened in Connecticut and it remained unsolved until recently when a Stetson man was arrested in connection to the crime.
JONESBORO - A piece of local history, its connection to the sea and the people who help protect those who make their living from it is up for sale.
BANGOR - A Stetson man was arrested Wednesday for a 33-year-old unsolved sexual assault and murder of an 11-year-old girl in Connecticut.
OLD TOWN -- City officials approached resident and music promoter Alex Gray about an empty building in the center of town, and he recently purchased it and the one next door.
BANGOR - A Bucksport woman died a mysterious death in Orrington two years ago Tuesday and her family is still searching for answers.
PORTLAND - Tuesday was day two of the murder trial for John Williams -- the man charged with shooting Cpl. Eugene Cole in the line of duty last April.
PORTLAND - Just before the murder trial of a Maine man accused of shooting a sheriff's deputy, the family of Cpl. Eugene Cole quietly took seats in the front row of the small courtroom at the Cumberland County Courthouse.
- Together Place burglarized Sunday
- Maine becomes third state to ban single-use plastic bags
- Gov. Mills signs biennial budget into law
- Stetson man arraigned on murder charge in Connecticut court
- Williams murder trial closing arguments postponed
- Bangor Humane Society announces Tiles for Tomorrow project
- Downeast Broadband Utility construction underway
- Rainbow Run kicks off Pride Week
- Waterfall Arts lands EPA grant
- No overnight parking through Thursday at Exchange, Harlow streets
- Road work affecting traffic near lower State Street bridge
- Fire displaces nursing home residents
- Fatal car crash in Buckfield
- Man in custody after robbery
- Stetson sex offender extradicted to Connecticut to face girl's murder charge
- Deadly fire above secret nuclear bunker under Maryland house leads to prison sentence
- Democrat border town mayor says 'we are sick and tired' of feds not listening, fixing illegal immigration problem
- New Mexico sheriff officer allegedly 'jokingly' tased his co-worker in the groin: reports
- Michael Knowles: Harvard displays its hypocrisy on racism in revoking Kyle Kashuv's admission
- Iranian president: Iran isn't seeking war against any nation
- O.J. Simpson’s Twitter allegedly threatened parody account using knife emojis
- The Latest: Hong Kong leader Lam to speak at news conference
- Man arrested at New York airport for allegedly smuggling 34 live song birds hidden inside plastic hair curlers
- Court-martial begins for Navy SEAL accused of war crimes
- Japan pushes 300 North Korean boats out of fishing grounds
- Ants march out of carry-on, ground United Airlines flight at Newark
- Seoul: 2 North Korean fishermen defect to South Korea
- Cruz blasts John Cusack over tweet critics slammed as anti-Semitic
- ‘Why don’t you die,’ Texas mother allegedly says while sitting on 4-month-old: report
- Jon Stewart rips McConnell: You only see the 9/11 victims fund as a 'political pawn'
- Attorney: Officer who shot 3 in Costco was attacked first
- South Carolina pastor, buddy killed in DUI accident while helping to change a flat tire: cops
- Nuclear changes, more troops heighten US-Iran tensions
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- LaVar Ball condemned for 'inappropriate' comment to female ESPN host on air
- Kawhi Leonard urged to stay with Toronto Raptors during team's championship parade
- Baltimore Ravens' Michael Pierce owns up to poor conditioning after being booted from practice
- Tyson Fury shows off incredible head movement during Tom Schwarz fight
- Gary Woodland channeled young golfer's 'positive energy' en route to US Open victory
- LeBron James leads Los Angeles Lakers' reactions to reported Anthony Davis trade
- College wrestling star, teammate arrested on suspicion of criminal sexual conduct
- Chicago Cubs' Theo Epstein optimistic Ben Zobrist will return amid divorce
- Julie Ertz's husband, Philadelphia Eagles' Zach Ertz, celebrates wife's first Women's World Cup goal
- Kansas City Chiefs star Travis Kelce opens about Kareem Hunt release: 'It ripped our hearts out'
- David Ortiz's doctors describe life-saving surgery: 'The injuries he had were lethal'
- Toronto Raptors urged by mayor to visit Ottawa over Washington: 'Forget the White House'