Nit-Noi Ricker is an Army brat who grew up on a farm in Winterport. She went to the University of Maine and the University of Northern Texas to learn how to be a journalist and started her career in Arizona at the Williams-Grand Canyon News, where she learned every skill needed to produce a small newspaper and earned the Excellence in Journalism Award in 2001 from the American Society of Civil Engineers. Maine, however, kept calling her name and she and her son, Zak, returned home in 2003. She covered sports for the Belfast Republican Journal for a short time before landing a job at the Bangor Daily News, where for nearly 15 years she covered breaking news, town meetings and the issues people were talking about all over Maine. In that time, she also married a Bangor native and had a second son, Darby, and along with her craft beer-making husband, Cory, started a brewery. Nit-Noi joined the WVII team in February 2018.
You can email her at [email protected].
AUGUSTA - There is a state representative who wants to recycle unused food for classmates who may otherwise go hungry.
AUGUSTA - There is good news about the number of drug overdose deaths in Maine, but experts say the epidemic is far from over.
PITTSFIELD - The community has a long and storied history that began long before Maine became a state.
BUCKSPORT - The Friars’ Brewhouse Tap Room has reopened now that Brother Don has recovered from his emergency quadruple bypass surgery.
BANGOR - The Thai New Year is a national three-day holiday that kicks off Saturday, and runs through Monday.
PITTSFIELD - Two of the state's unsolved homicides -- one in Winslow and one in Pittsfield -- share an anniversary.
HAMPDEN - Around 2.5 millions bees arrived in town, and on Thursday were handed out to area beekeepers.
MOUNT DESERT ISLAND - The search is over for a Bar Harbor man who went missing on Monday. His body was found in a cove along the Loop Road in Acadia National Park on Thursday afternoon.
BANGOR - The local mother who police say poisoned her child with meth-tainted breast milk, was back in court on Wednesday facing charges she operated a meth lab.
- Jackson Lab to hire 300 new employees
- Officials warn of scammers posing as Emera workers
- Ellsworth PD investigating spread of counterfeit cash
- Bar Harbor murder trial to begin in May
- School food sharing table bill presented
- Criterion Theatre gets grant funding
- Event showcases research by Husson students, faculty
- Woman indicted for allegedly threatening Sen. Collins
- Members of Maine's congressional delegation react to Mueller report
- Penobscot County hosts Maine Sheriffs' Association Conference
- Final Color Bangor event takes place next month
- Theater offers camp for kids during vacation week
- Libertarians hold tax protest in Ellsworth
- Legislation aims to lower prescription drug prices
- Bill would give public employees the right to strike
- Scaramucci says Pelosi is 'the smartest person' amid Democratic calls for impeachment
- Kelly Ripa shares hilarious throwback Easter photo of son and daughter
- New York City ax attack leaves woman dead, another injured
- Anti-govt protests resume against Serbia's populist leader
- Columbine survivor on moments of shooting: 'I completely disassociated'
- Coexistence in a 'danger’ zone: An inside look at Israeli settlement in the West Bank
- Kim Kardashian reacts to college admissions scandal, would never use 'privilege' to help her kids
- Small plane crashes in southern Bulgaria, 2 killed
- Elizabeth Warren doubles down on Trump impeachment push, say it's ‘bigger than politics’
- France's Yellow Vest protesters return to the streets enraged by billions pledged to rebuild Notre Dame
- Pete Buttigieg was voted ‘most likely to be president’ in high school, report says
- India's chief justice accused of sexual harassment
- Boy Scout ranch focuses on wildfire recovery as season nears
- Trump takes aim at ‘highly conflicted’ Mueller, ‘fake news media’ amid Russia report fallout
- Serbia's "Lady Macbeth" buried near late strongman Milosevic
- Robert De Niro calls Trump ‘wannabe gangster’: ‘This guy has proven himself to be a total loser’
- Senior British politician Diane Abbott apologizes after photo captures her drinking on train
- FBI, police conduct frantic search for missing boy, 5, in suburban Chicago
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Avalanche beat Flames 5-1 in Game 5 to advance to 2nd round
- Kate Smith statue covered up in Philadelphia as late 'God Bless America' singer faces new scrutiny
- Matthews, Kapanen score late, Maple Leafs edge Bruins 2-1
- Celtics beat Pacers 104-96 to take 3-0 series lead
- Phil Knight on Tiger Woods’ 2019 Masters win: ‘Gave me goosebumps’ and ‘a few tears’
- Alabama alum and Chicago Bears defensive back Ha Ha Clinton-Dix has degree withheld over $1 debt
- Alabama alumni and Chicago Bears defensive back Ha Ha Clinton-Dix has degree withheld over $1 debt
- Rob Gronkowski has one-word response to denting Super Bowl trophy
- Baltimore Ravens owner commits $100G to help rebuild churches ruined in arson attacks
- Sharks start fast to stay alive, beat Golden Knights 5-2
- UFC fighter says he mistakenly gave blood sample to stranger
- Viral video shows 76ers in a moment of alleged post-flatulence