Shonna Narine joined the ABC7 and FOX22 team in August 2017. Originally from Long Island (although she hides her accent for TV) she's excited to see what Maine has to offer.
She graduated from Five Towns College in Dix Hills Long Island where she anchored for their TV Club, and had her own radio show called "All Access Entertainment."
She won an outstanding achievement award and graduated on the dean's list.
Prior to graduation Shonna interned at News12 Long Island.
Shonna comes from a big family. With three older sisters, her parents, and six nieces and nephews there's never a dull moment when she's around them. When she's not working she enjoys working out, dancing, spending time with her fiance, and planning her wedding! Shonna would love to hear if you have any story ideas. You can email her at [email protected].
ORONO - A University of Maine research team discovers a connection that could help lead to new influenza therapies.
BUCKSPORT - One man is trying to stop the town of Bucksport from placing solar panels over the cemetery of a veteran and his family.
WAYNE -The Maine Warden Service is investigating a fatal snowmobile crash that took place Saturday evening in Wayne.
BAR HARBOR - Soon hundreds will be able to use the ferry service that goes between Bar Harbor and Canada. The Bar Harbor planning board approved the project and construction is well underway at the property.
ROCKPORT - Maine is known for its great outdoors and its fishing, but in the winter months things tend to slow down because of the cold weather. A fishermen's forum in Rockport brought out dozens of vendors to educate people in the industry.
BANGOR - It's not every day students get the opportunity to learn about the business world from business professionals themselves.
- Police investigating murder-suicide
- Augusta drug store robbed
- Three in custody after lengthy standoff
- Guilford inn destroyed in fire
- One person dead in head-on collision
- Downeast Horizons residents treated to lumberjack show
- Astronomy center marking moon landing's 50th anniversary
- Hospital officials, nurses at odds over contract
- Bangor police investigating window smashings
- Grower: Strawberry crop 'very, very good'
- Tribute to Bangor attorney raises $10,000 to fight cancer
- Humane society offers pet safety tips during heatwave
- Augusta police seeking Quick Mart robber
- Gouldsboro man accused of stealing, burning SUV
- Man arrested after Waldo stabbing
- Guilty verdict in trial of Lewiston man
- SEE IT: Believed great white shark breaches water in Cape Cod, stuns family on fishing boat
- ‘Nanny and the Professor’ star Juliet Mills explains why an on-screen romance with Richard Long never happened
- Iran says it dismantled CIA spy ring, arrests 17, sentences some to death: report
- Fake bloody legs appear at memorial for Cape Cod shark-attack victim
- Former Manhattan DA Morgenthau dead at 99
- Trump says he wants to meet with Schumer on border issue
- YouTuber caught speeding in new Lamborghini pays ticket, makes donation to police
- Arab-Israeli man accused of plotting attack on Israeli hotel for Hamas, reports say
- Tennessee felon arrested after ramming into police cruiser during chase, investigators say
- Lisa Daftari: Kushner says opposition to Iran brings Israel and Arab nations closer together
- Puerto Rico governor announces he will not seek re-election but refuses to resign
- Rescued turtle manages to return to the group that saved the animal nearly 2 decades ago
- Reps. Cohen, Green vow to keep pursuing articles of impeachment against Trump
- Military studying 'hyperfit' women who pass its toughest physical, mental courses
- Christen Limbaugh Bloom: We should ask God for more
- Trump drops in on New Jersey wedding, as attendees chant 'USA!'
- Trump drops in on 'MAGA'-themed wedding, as attendees chant 'USA!'
- Roger Fisk: Trump abdicates role as leader of free world because he doesn’t support American values
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Shane Lowry wins British Open in celebrated return to Emerald Isle
- Adam Peaty shatters 100m breaststroke record -- first under 57 seconds
- Big league ballparks broil as heat wave grips much of majors
- Manny Pacquiao beats Keith Thurman by split decision following first-round knockdown
- British Open golfer Kyle Stanley refuses to apologize for not yelling ‘Fore’ after wayward shot
- Russian boxer Maksim Dadashev undergoes brain surgery after devastating loss: reports
- Reigning time-trial world champion Rohan Dennis quits Tour de France in midstage
- Massachusetts teens hailed for giving spare Red Sox ticket to homeless man
- Ex-New York Giants offensive lineman Mitch Petrus dies of heat stroke at age 32
- Kansas City Chiefs star Tyreek Hill won't be suspended by NFL over child abuse allegations
- Tiger Woods hints health, 'Father Time', is an issue after first round struggles at The Open: 'Just the way it's going to be'
- Miami Dolphins' Kendrick Norton released from hospital 2 weeks after losing arm in crash