Kayla joined the ABC 7 & FOX 22 news team in May of 2017. She got into journalism because she loves talking with people, and she's incredibly grateful to share the stories of Mainers throughout the region.
She got her start in broadcasting way back in middle school as a member of a morning announcements TV broadcast club, and her love for the news industry took off from there.
Kayla graduated from Penn State University in 2017 with degrees in broadcast journalism and Spanish. During her time as a student at Penn State, Kayla was an executive producer and reporter for the "Centre County Report", an Emmy award-winning student-run newscast. She studied abroad in Ronda, Spain and traveled to Panama with an international reporting class. Kayla kept busy in college, spending four years working as a student manager in the dining hall.
Kayla grew up in the village of Shawnee-on-Delaware, located in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania, so transitioning into life in Vacationland was a piece of cake! A self-described winter fanatic, she loves all things snow related, including hitting the slopes on her snowboard. She also likes hiking, kayaking or doing anything outdoors. She loves meeting new people so if you see her around, be sure to stop and say hi!
WALDO COUNTY - Residents of Waldo County will be receiving a text alert this week from the emergency management agency, as part of a test of the county's alert system.
STATEWIDE - The Department of Transportation is getting in on the March Madness fun by trying to determine which Maine bridge is most liked by state residents.
SKOWHEGAN - An instructor at the Skowhegan Driving School has been arrested for allegedly having a sexual relationship with a student.
SULLIVAN - Police say a Sullivan man who led authorities on a chase Monday night is now facing four charges.
BANGOR - A Brewer man has pleaded guilty to charges stemming from a standoff at a Brewer motel in October of last year.
PALMYRA - Two people were arrested Friday after Somerset County Sheriff's Deputies executed a search warrant on a vehicle in Palmyra.
BANGOR - Imagine you're in college. You get out of class and hop into an airplane that'll take you virtually wherever you want to go.
For most of us, that sounds like a nice daydream. For local students, it's reality, thanks to a unique club that's helping them reach new heights.
ADDISON - Authorities say firefighters rescued an Addison woman Friday evening after she fell through ice trying to rescue a dog.
- Grill fire spreads, destroys Parkman home
- Police investigating after body found in Augusta apartment
- Elderly woman killed in parking lot accident
- Attorney for accused murderer to ask state to drop charges
- Bangor PD's newest K9 team hits the streets
- PCHC reports possible data breach
- Bangor police seeking leads on vandalism cases
- Census Bureau: Mailing to Fairfield resident 'legit'
- Trial for man accused in stabbing death underway
- Orrington residents approve new $2.8M public safety building
- Fire and arc flash reported at Nine Dragons Paper in Old Town
- Accused murderer of 10-year-old girl to change plea
- State forest ranger suffers serious injuries
- Police issue census scam warning
- Public safety building referendum underway
- UPDATE: No injuries in Old Town mill fire
- No daytime parking Tuesday on Columbia Street
- Tiny fighting worms make one of the loudest sounds in the ocean
- New York man kills girlfriend, posts pics to Instagram after she reportedly kissed other man at concert: Cops
- Minnesota truck driver fatally struck highway worker while watching porn, police say
- Former Microsoft employee bought $1.6M house after stealing millions in digital currency, feds allege
- Georgia beachgoers rescue whales mass stranded on shore, wildlife officials say
- On World Emoji Day, Apple and Google continue inclusive push
- LA County to pay $53M to settle suit over 'nightmare' strip searches of female inmates
- Emanuele Ottolenghi: To fight Hezbollah, Latin American countries first need to acknowledge it exists
- Former neighbors describe young Epstein as 'nerdy,' quiet with no signs of predatory behavior
- 19 MS-13 gang members indicted in 'medieval-style' California slayings were in country illegally, officials say
- Turkish diplomat shot dead in Iraqi Kurdistan
- Google says controversial Chinese search app Dragonfly has been 'terminated' amid GOP senator's grilling
- Harris pulls into virtual tie with Biden in home-state California: poll
- Scooter Braun jokes about Taylor Swift feud over her masters
- Rep. Collins blasts Pelosi's remarks: Dems passed resolution they couldn't read on House floor
- Apollo 11: Neil Armstrong's gold medal that flew to the Moon sold for more than $2 million
- 'Escape genius' bear scales three electric fences, 13-foot high barrier in daring breakout
- 'Menacing' fire whirl whipped up by 'turbulent' winds during blaze in Washington
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Chicago Bears' Cordarrelle Patterson has interesting thoughts on being a Super Bowl champion
- World Cup champ Allie Long receives new key to New York City after first one was stolen
- Naomi Osaka on driving force behind her will to succeed: 'Be the best or I'm going to be homeless'
- Kirk Gibson apologized to Dennis Eckersley over celebrating iconic World Series home run, ex-broadcaster says
- Baseball team's coach, 6, dresses down umpire after controversial out
- Mike Tyson says Anthony Joshua has to get his mind right before title rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr
- Brooks Koepka snubbed Tiger Woods who asked about practice round before the Open Championship
- Dwight Howard opens up about sexuality, drama surrounding man's lawsuit against him
- Former AL Cy Young winner tossed from Atlantic League game for outburst over robo ump's strike zone
- Reptile wrangler who retrieved alligator from Chicago lagoon throws first pitch before Cubs game
- Italian cyclist, 17, suffers gruesome injury during crash in Belgium race
- Texas says 10-win season not enough to be 'back' in Big 12