Kayla joined the ABC 7 & FOX 22 news team in May of 2017. She got into journalism because she loves talking with people, and she's incredibly grateful to share the stories of Mainers throughout the region.
She got her start in broadcasting way back in middle school as a member of a morning announcements TV broadcast club, and her love for the news industry took off from there.
Kayla graduated from Penn State University in 2017 with degrees in broadcast journalism and Spanish. During her time as a student at Penn State, Kayla was an executive producer and reporter for the "Centre County Report", an Emmy award-winning student-run newscast. She studied abroad in Ronda, Spain and traveled to Panama with an international reporting class. Kayla kept busy in college, spending four years working as a student manager in the dining hall.
Kayla grew up in the village of Shawnee-on-Delaware, located in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania, so transitioning into life in Vacationland was a piece of cake! A self-described winter fanatic, she loves all things snow related, including hitting the slopes on her snowboard. She also likes hiking, kayaking or doing anything outdoors. She loves meeting new people so if you see her around, be sure to stop and say hi!
PORTLAND - Services for Maine State Police Detective Ben Campbell will be held Tuesday at the Cross Arena in Portland.
BRIDGEWATER - Fifteen people were injured when two vans collided on Route 1 in Bridgewater Thursday morning.
BANGOR - An out-of-state man who was involved in a Walmart parking lot shooting in 2016 will be spending more than a decade in prison for drug charges.
YORK - State Police say a Bangor area man is in serious condition after leading authorities on a high-speed chase that ended in a crash.
BANGOR - Police are searching for a person they said robbed a bank on Springer Drive in Bangor Wednesday afternoon.
STATEWIDE - Over the years, the number of high school rifle teams in Maine has decreased by nearly half.
But there are many still operating, including here locally.
AUGUSTA - A proposal to change the name of Columbus Day to Indigenous Peoples' Day statewide has been given initial approval by the Maine House of Representatives.
AUGUSTA - Tuesday afternoon, Governor Janet Mills signed legislation that protects health care coverage for Maine families.
CANTON, Mass. - Massachusetts state police say a St. Albans man was killed Sunday afternoon when he got out of his truck on a highway south of Boston.
- Grill fire spreads, destroys Parkman home
- Police investigating after body found in Augusta apartment
- Elderly woman killed in parking lot accident
- Attorney for accused murderer to ask state to drop charges
- Bangor PD's newest K9 team hits the streets
- PCHC reports possible data breach
- Bangor police seeking leads on vandalism cases
- Census Bureau: Mailing to Fairfield resident 'legit'
- Trial for man accused in stabbing death underway
- Orrington residents approve new $2.8M public safety building
- Fire and arc flash reported at Nine Dragons Paper in Old Town
- Accused murderer of 10-year-old girl to change plea
- State forest ranger suffers serious injuries
- Police issue census scam warning
- Public safety building referendum underway
- UPDATE: No injuries in Old Town mill fire
- No daytime parking Tuesday on Columbia Street
- 'Embedded in Harm's Way': FNC correspondent, photographer detail their 9 weeks with Marines in Iraq
- Apollo 11 astronaut Michael Collins recalls drinking coffee during 'lonely' Moon landing orbit
- Army prototypes range-doubling new artillery weapon to outgun Russia
- George Lopez says he purchased a plane ticket so a military member could attend the birth of his first child
- Eric Trump supports father's message to AOC's 'squad': 'If you don't love our country, leave'
- Andy Puzder: Raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour and families will have less money. Why Dems should worry
- Orange County reached settlement that allows cops to arrest homeless people in some areas
- North Carolina man clad only in tennis shoes told deputies he took ‘date rape’ drug: police
- Feds confirm ‘Ice Bae’ is a CBP officer, is free to use social media
- Pakistan arrests US-wanted terror suspect in Mumbai attacks
- Were the Vikings smoking pot while exploring Newfoundland?
- Front porch envy: 10 affordable ideas for making the neighbors jealous
- House orders Pentagon to reveal whether it turned ticks into biological weapons
- Trump’s harsh attacks produce the debate he wants, on Socialist Democrats
- Marc Thiessen: Dems are party of illegal immigration – Say Trump isn’t above law, but illegal immigrants are
- Utah boy selling ‘ice cold beer’ appears to be a savvy marketer
- Alyssa Milano raises eyebrows after announcing which candidate's fundraiser she'll be attending
- California police officer, veteran died in his sleep at 36: police
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Former AL Cy Young winner tossed from Atlantic League game for outburst over robo ump's strike zone
- Reptile wrangler who retrieved alligator from Chicago lagoon throws first pitch before Cubs game
- Italian cyclist, 17, suffers gruesome injury during crash in Belgium race
- Texas says 10-win season not enough to be 'back' in Big 12
- Lawyer sentenced to 5 years for scamming Barkley, others
- Legal sports betting begins in upstate New York
- Bezuidenhout seeks Portrush 'revenge' after beta-blocker ban
- Woods trying to get up to speed for final major of year
- New York's Yankee Stadium hit by swarm of 25,000 bees before game
- NFL stars Keenan Allen, DeMarcus Lawrence blast 'Madden' over their player rating
- Tom Brady campaigns for better 'Madden' speed rating
- Washington Redskins' Alex Smith ditches leg brace 8 months after gruesome injury