Kayla joined the ABC 7 & FOX 22 news team in May of 2017. She got into journalism because she loves talking with people, and she's incredibly grateful to share the stories of Mainers throughout the region.
She got her start in broadcasting way back in middle school as a member of a morning announcements TV broadcast club, and her love for the news industry took off from there.
Kayla graduated from Penn State University in 2017 with degrees in broadcast journalism and Spanish. During her time as a student at Penn State, Kayla was an executive producer and reporter for the "Centre County Report", an Emmy award-winning student-run newscast. She studied abroad in Ronda, Spain and traveled to Panama with an international reporting class. Kayla kept busy in college, spending four years working as a student manager in the dining hall.
Kayla grew up in the village of Shawnee-on-Delaware, located in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania, so transitioning into life in Vacationland was a piece of cake! A self-described winter fanatic, she loves all things snow related, including hitting the slopes on her snowboard. She also likes hiking, kayaking or doing anything outdoors. She loves meeting new people so if you see her around, be sure to stop and say hi!
MEDFORD - The Attorney General's office is investigating an officer-involved shooting that sent one man to the hospital in Medford.
THORNDIKE - A student at Mount View High School was arrested by sheriff's deputies in Waldo County, after allegedly making threats on social media.
ORONO - As officials overseas continue investigating the deadly Easter Sunday attacks in Sri Lanka, people in Maine are remembering the lives lost.
HANCOCK COUNTY - The murder trial for the man accused of killing a 19-year-old in Bar Harbor is slated to begin in late May.
BAR HARBOR - It's National Autism Awareness Month and more than 100 people took to the streets of Bar Harbor Tuesday to support the cause.
ACADIA NATIONAL PARK - Officials at Acadia National Park are searching for a man they say went missing earlier this week.
PORTLAND - Mourners traveled from all corners of the state and country on Tuesday to honor Maine State Police Detective Ben Campbell, who was killed in a bizarre accident while helping a motorist on I-95 on April 3.
- Lincoln Loon Festival returns
- Robbery suspect accused of witness tampering
- Lane closure on Main Street due to construction
- Hudson teen dies in crash
- Alleged credit union robber accused of tampering with witness
- Police suspect body found to be that of Augusta transient
- Maine's blueberry industry may get federal help
- Independence Day celebration stretches Acadia thin
- Stillwater Academy moving into former roller rink
- Grill fire spreads, destroys Parkman home
- Police investigating after body found in Augusta apartment
- Elderly woman killed in parking lot accident
- Attorney for accused murderer to ask state to drop charges
- DHS chief decries 'child recycling' at border, recalls migrant who ‘bought’ infant for $80 to exploit loopholes
- President of flight attendants union likens cramped airplane seating to a 'torture chamber'
- Meghan McCain tells Ivanka and Jared to speak up after Trump rally: 'Where are you?'
- Cambodia to return 1,600 tons of waste back to the US, Canada
- AOC, Ilhan Omar accuse Trump of 'spewing fascist ideology' after rally
- 12 Israeli teenagers held in Cyprus over alleged rape of British woman
- Video game cheaters get a taste of their own medicine
- Tom Del Beccaro: How health care can make Republicans winners in 2020
- YouTube star's death prompts Amazon to push for e-scooter safety warnings in UK
- Origins of Michael Cohen probe unsealed: Court files reveal what led to FBI raids
- Chef fired for pouring 'boiling' butter down coworker's pants 'for a crack and a laugh'
- 'Fox & Friends' hosts on Trump's North Carolina rally: 2020 race is becoming Trump vs. The Squad
- Retired NYC firefighter becomes 199th to die from 9/11-related illness
- German woman caught attempting to purchase car with home-printed money
- UK Labour leader slams Trump's attacks on 'squad', one day after being criticized for party's lingering anti-Semitism
- Apollo 11: Google creates huge moonlight portrait larger than Central Park to honor epic mission
- Notre Dame security guard delayed response after going to wrong building when fire first broke out: report
- Apollo 11: Never-before-seen video reveals lunar samples were searched for signs of life
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Man who allegedly stole Super Bowl champion's rings stopped with help from 'Pawn Stars' shop
- Oklahoma City Thunder officials receive threatening voicemail after Paul George trade, police say
- US Open plans to bend rules to make sure they get Coco Gauff
- Ex-UFC fighter Abel 'Killa' Trujillo charged with sexual exploitation of child: reports
- Baker Mayfield's annoying Instagram habit courted future wife
- Baker Mayfield trashes New York Giants fans in defense of Odell Beckham Jr
- Dwight Howard opens up about Kobe Bryant calling him 'soft': 'I hated him for that moment'
- MLB players call on Puerto Rico governor to resign over leaked text messages
- Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr says 'GOP has sold its soul to Trump'
- Los Angeles Galaxy star Zlatan Ibrahimovic knows exactly what's not at Area 51
- David Price, Dennis Eckersley feud reignites after plane incident resurfaces
- Angels pitcher Noe Ramirez suspended for 3 games