Kayla joined the ABC 7 & FOX 22 news team in May of 2017. She got into journalism because she loves talking with people, and she's incredibly grateful to share the stories of Mainers throughout the region.
She got her start in broadcasting way back in middle school as a member of a morning announcements TV broadcast club, and her love for the news industry took off from there.
Kayla graduated from Penn State University in 2017 with degrees in broadcast journalism and Spanish. During her time as a student at Penn State, Kayla was an executive producer and reporter for the "Centre County Report", an Emmy award-winning student-run newscast. She studied abroad in Ronda, Spain and traveled to Panama with an international reporting class. Kayla kept busy in college, spending four years working as a student manager in the dining hall.
Kayla grew up in the village of Shawnee-on-Delaware, located in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania, so transitioning into life in Vacationland was a piece of cake! A self-described winter fanatic, she loves all things snow related, including hitting the slopes on her snowboard. She also likes hiking, kayaking or doing anything outdoors. She loves meeting new people so if you see her around, be sure to stop and say hi!
STATEWIDE - It's a new avenue for law enforcement. Over the past few years, investigators across the country have begun consulting genealogy databases to help identify suspects in criminal cases.
BENTON - State police are releasing more information about an attempted break-in turned drug bust in Benton.
BELFAST - Multiple crews were called to battle a fire at a potato factory building in Belfast Thursday evening.
GOULDSBORO - A Gouldsboro man is facing multiple charges after authorities say he repeatedly rammed his truck into a police cruiser when an officer tried to pull him over.
STATEWIDE - The DEA has released the results of the 2019 National Drug Take Back Day, which was held across the country last weekend, including here in Maine.
- Three in custody after lengthy standoff
- Guilford inn destroyed in fire
- One person dead in head-on collision
- Downeast Horizons residents treated to lumberjack show
- Astronomy center marking moon landing's 50th anniversary
- Hospital officials, nurses at odds over contract
- Bangor police investigating window smashings
- Grower: Strawberry crop 'very, very good'
- Tribute to Bangor attorney raises $10,000 to fight cancer
- Humane society offers pet safety tips during heatwave
- Augusta police seeking Quick Mart robber
- Gouldsboro man accused of stealing, burning SUV
- Man arrested after Waldo stabbing
- Guilty verdict in trial of Lewiston man
- Rollover ties up traffic on I-95
- Lincoln Loon Festival returns
- Robbery suspect accused of witness tampering
- Richard Pryor’s daughter, Rain Pryor, to run for council seat in Baltimore: report
- Actor from ‘Lara Croft: Tomb Raider’ sequel is stabbed onstage in China: report
- Trump says Squad member Ilhan Omar 'lucky to be where she is'
- Lara Trump lashes out after CNN host accuses her of 'lying' about rally crowd's ‘Send her back!’ chant
- Drug companies shipped thousands of pain pill orders it should have halted, documents say
- Warren compares herself, 'green manufacturing plan' to JFK and Apollo mission
- Florida woman accused of aggravated assault after being refused pizza slice
- Virginia Democrats vow to boycott legislature's 400th anniversary celebration if Trump attends
- AOC says Trump 'relished' rally chant about Omar, doesn't want to be president anymore
- Missing Minnesota toddler found cruising on toy tractor at county fair
- Pompeo says ‘no indications’ that Iran is changing its ‘malign behavior’
- Newly discovered shark species squirts glowing clouds from pockets
- Border agents use tear gas to stop nearly 50 undocumented migrants who stormed Rio Grande bridge
- 'Modern Family' star Sarah Hyland responds to Instagram troll who criticized engagement ring videos
- Apollo 11: Original Moon landing recordings bought for $217 in 1976 sold at auction for $1.82M
- Hungary backs Trump on asylum crackdown as it touts its own border success
- Legionnaires' disease bacteria found in Maine water district samples, state CDC says
- On Apollo 11 anniversary, Pence announces that Orion capsule for manned Moon missions is ready for debut flight
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Manny Pacquiao beats Keith Thurman by split decision following first-round knockdown
- British Open golfer Kyle Stanley refuses to apologize for not yelling ‘Fore’ after wayward shot
- Russian boxer Maksim Dadashev undergoes brain surgery after devastating loss: reports
- Reigning time-trial world champion Rohan Dennis quits Tour de France in midstage
- Massachusetts teens hailed for giving spare Red Sox ticket to homeless man
- Ex-New York Giants offensive lineman Mitch Petrus dies of heat stroke at age 32
- Kansas City Chiefs star Tyreek Hill won't be suspended by NFL over child abuse allegations
- Tiger Woods hints health, 'Father Time', is an issue after first round struggles at The Open: 'Just the way it's going to be'
- Miami Dolphins' Kendrick Norton released from hospital 2 weeks after losing arm in crash
- Man who allegedly stole Super Bowl champion's rings stopped with help from 'Pawn Stars' shop
- Oklahoma City Thunder officials receive threatening voicemail after Paul George trade, police say
- US Open plans to bend rules to make sure they get Coco Gauff