Kayla joined the ABC 7 & FOX 22 news team in May of 2017. She got into journalism because she loves talking with people, and she's incredibly grateful to share the stories of Mainers throughout the region.
She got her start in broadcasting way back in middle school as a member of a morning announcements TV broadcast club, and her love for the news industry took off from there.
Kayla graduated from Penn State University in 2017 with degrees in broadcast journalism and Spanish. During her time as a student at Penn State, Kayla was an executive producer and reporter for the "Centre County Report", an Emmy award-winning student-run newscast. She studied abroad in Ronda, Spain and traveled to Panama with an international reporting class. Kayla kept busy in college, spending four years working as a student manager in the dining hall.
Kayla grew up in the village of Shawnee-on-Delaware, located in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania, so transitioning into life in Vacationland was a piece of cake! A self-described winter fanatic, she loves all things snow related, including hitting the slopes on her snowboard. She also likes hiking, kayaking or doing anything outdoors. She loves meeting new people so if you see her around, be sure to stop and say hi!
HANCOCK COUNTY - The murder trial for the man accused of killing a 19-year-old in Bar Harbor is slated to begin in late May.
BAR HARBOR - It's National Autism Awareness Month and more than 100 people took to the streets of Bar Harbor Tuesday to support the cause.
ACADIA NATIONAL PARK - Officials at Acadia National Park are searching for a man they say went missing earlier this week.
PORTLAND - Mourners traveled from all corners of the state and country on Tuesday to honor Maine State Police Detective Ben Campbell, who was killed in a bizarre accident while helping a motorist on I-95 on April 3.
PORTLAND - About 3,000 people filled the Cross Insurance Arena in Portland Tuesday to say goodbye to Maine State Trooper Ben Campbell.
Some knew the fallen detective, others did not -- but nearly all were moved to tears by the emotional memorial service.
PORTLAND - Services for Maine State Police Detective Ben Campbell will be held Tuesday at the Cross Arena in Portland.
- Jackson Lab to hire 300 new employees
- Officials warn of scammers posing as Emera workers
- Ellsworth PD investigating spread of counterfeit cash
- Bar Harbor murder trial to begin in May
- School food sharing table bill presented
- Criterion Theatre gets grant funding
- Event showcases research by Husson students, faculty
- Woman indicted for allegedly threatening Sen. Collins
- Members of Maine's congressional delegation react to Mueller report
- Penobscot County hosts Maine Sheriffs' Association Conference
- Final Color Bangor event takes place next month
- Theater offers camp for kids during vacation week
- Libertarians hold tax protest in Ellsworth
- Legislation aims to lower prescription drug prices
- Bill would give public employees the right to strike
- Scaramucci says Pelosi is 'the smartest person' amid Democratic calls for impeachment
- Kelly Ripa shares hilarious throwback Easter photo of son and daughter
- New York City ax attack leaves woman dead, another injured
- Anti-govt protests resume against Serbia's populist leader
- Columbine survivor on moments of shooting: 'I completely disassociated'
- Coexistence in a 'danger’ zone: An inside look at Israeli settlement in the West Bank
- Kim Kardashian reacts to college admissions scandal, would never use 'privilege' to help her kids
- Small plane crashes in southern Bulgaria, 2 killed
- Elizabeth Warren doubles down on Trump impeachment push, say it's ‘bigger than politics’
- France's Yellow Vest protesters return to the streets enraged by billions pledged to rebuild Notre Dame
- Pete Buttigieg was voted ‘most likely to be president’ in high school, report says
- India's chief justice accused of sexual harassment
- Boy Scout ranch focuses on wildfire recovery as season nears
- Trump takes aim at ‘highly conflicted’ Mueller, ‘fake news media’ amid Russia report fallout
- Serbia's "Lady Macbeth" buried near late strongman Milosevic
- Robert De Niro calls Trump ‘wannabe gangster’: ‘This guy has proven himself to be a total loser’
- Senior British politician Diane Abbott apologizes after photo captures her drinking on train
- FBI, police conduct frantic search for missing boy, 5, in suburban Chicago
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Avalanche beat Flames 5-1 in Game 5 to advance to 2nd round
- Kate Smith statue covered up in Philadelphia as late 'God Bless America' singer faces new scrutiny
- Matthews, Kapanen score late, Maple Leafs edge Bruins 2-1
- Celtics beat Pacers 104-96 to take 3-0 series lead
- Phil Knight on Tiger Woods’ 2019 Masters win: ‘Gave me goosebumps’ and ‘a few tears’
- Alabama alum and Chicago Bears defensive back Ha Ha Clinton-Dix has degree withheld over $1 debt
- Alabama alumni and Chicago Bears defensive back Ha Ha Clinton-Dix has degree withheld over $1 debt
- Rob Gronkowski has one-word response to denting Super Bowl trophy
- Baltimore Ravens owner commits $100G to help rebuild churches ruined in arson attacks
- Sharks start fast to stay alive, beat Golden Knights 5-2
- UFC fighter says he mistakenly gave blood sample to stranger
- Viral video shows 76ers in a moment of alleged post-flatulence