Assistant News Director/Reporter
T.J. Tremble joined WVII ABC 7 and WFVX FOX 22 in March 2016.
He was raised in Bangor, attended Bangor schools and graduated from John Bapst High School. He attended the University of Maine, studying political science.
He started his news career at the Camden Herald, many years ago. He also worked for the Bangor Daily News in Rockland, Belfast and Bangor.
He entered broadcast journalism as news director for WQCB-FM, Brewer. For Many years he worked behind the scenes in radio and television.
Recently, he worked as a news reporter for Zone Radio Corporation in Bangor [WZON-AM, WKIT-FM and WZLO-FM.
He has received reporting awards from the Maine Press Association, Maine Association of Broadcasters and the Maine Associated Press Broadcasters Association.
He is married, with three adult children and three grandchildren.
ELLSWORTH - The men charged in connection with the death of a small dog were in an Ellsworth court Wednesday.
The dog was stolen from a Winter Harbor home and then killed last week.
WARNING: this story is graphic and some may find it disturbing.
ELLSWORTH - In an Ellsworth courtroom on Wednesday afternoon, a Bar Harbor man said he wasn't guilty of murder.
ORONO - A phone app to make graphics more accessible for blind people is another step closer to reality.
AUGUSTA - Maine lawmakers spent much of Thursday afternoon discussing several bills aimed at improving the state's child protective services.
Legislators approved two of those proposals, while still deciding the fate of the other three measures.
These measures are the governor's response to deficiencies uncovered in the system following an investigation triggered by the deaths of two young girls within the past year.
Earlier this month, Gov. Paul LePage proposed five bills targeting child protective services reform. Public hearings on the bills were held Monday.
The governor's action came on the heels of a legislative investigation of the policies and procedures of the state's child protective services.
"The system is broken and we have to find a way to fix it sooner than later because kids lives are at stake," Sen. Bill Diamond, D-Windham, said.
The measures, with a total price tag of nearly $20 million, would fund more staff and supervisors as well as up-to-date computer software for case management.
"It's really comprehensive reform. Every piece kind of feeds into the other. To really try to make sure that our caseworkers are not being overburdened with such a huge caseload," Sen. Eric Brakey, R-Auburn, said.
Democrats and Republicans agree that the bills are just a first step toward correcting deficiencies within the state's child protective service.
Lawmakers say one of the biggest parts of the system in need of repair is foster care system and that one of the problems the state is facing is a shortage of foster care families.
Diamond said the new laws turn the child welfare system in the right direction.
AUGUSTA - The Maine House of Representatives approved a bill Thursday aimed at bringing the state's tax code into conformity with the federal tax laws.
BURNHAM - A pair of Border Patrol agents were able to walk away after their plane crashed late Wednesday night.
BURNHAM - The investigation into Wednesday night's plane crash is underway at Pittsfield Municipal Airport.
SKOWHEGAN - Earlier this year about 150 Somerset County residents were ordered to report for jury duty in August.
AUGUSTA - The Maine Legislature's Government Oversight Committee on Monday cleared the governor of any wrongdoing in connection with the diversion of public timber deliveries.
BREWER - For the past several years, a Brewer High School student has been raising money for local animal welfare charities.
- Tribute to Bangor attorney raises $10,000 to fight cancer
- Humane society offers pet safety tips during heatwave
- Augusta police seeking Quick Mart robber
- Gouldsboro man accused of stealing, burning SUV
- Man arrested after Waldo stabbing
- Guilty verdict in trial of Lewiston man
- Rollover ties up traffic on I-95
- Lincoln Loon Festival returns
- Robbery suspect accused of witness tampering
- Lane closure on Main Street due to construction
- Hudson teen dies in crash
- Alleged credit union robber accused of tampering with witness
- Police suspect body found to be that of Augusta transient
- Should we return to the Moon? Apollo astronauts give their thoughts
- 200M across US brace for record heatwave; NYC orders tall buildings to raise temps to avoid another blackout
- McDonald's in Florida discriminated against Jewish man, wanted him to shave his beard, lawsuit says
- Biggest Mafia bust in Ontario, Canada, nets 15 arrests, $33 million worth of homes and cars
- Convicted murderer, 77, deemed too old to be a threat, fatally stabbed woman in front of her children
- Trump mocks ‘staged’ greeting for Ilhan Omar, accuses media of ‘sick partnership’ with squad
- Future fighter jets will use AI-enabled weapons and sensors
- David Crosby opens up about how he got clean from drugs while in prison
- University of Central Florida student told alleged rape victim ' I just really wanted to have sex': police
- Oklahoma man allegedly raped toddler in McDonald's restroom during daycare field trip: police
- Indiana mom allegedly left child in hot car during interview with Department of Child Services: report
- Rick McDaniel: Let’s celebrate the greatest achievement in human history
- Kamala Harris, a critic of Acosta's Epstein plea deal, under fire for agreement she negotiated as California AG
- California dad drowns in Oregon river while trying to save his daughter: reports
- Airman shot in leg at Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada; circumstances being investigated
- Here’s what we’ve left behind on the Moon
- Omar vows to continue being Trump's 'nightmare' as hundreds greet her in Minnesota
- Iran denies claim that US warship destroyed Iranian drone
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Tiger Woods hints health, 'Father Time', is an issue after first round struggles at The Open: 'Just the way it's going to be'
- Miami Dolphins' Kendrick Norton released from hospital 2 weeks after losing arm in crash
- Man who allegedly stole Super Bowl champion's rings stopped with help from 'Pawn Stars' shop
- Oklahoma City Thunder officials receive threatening voicemail after Paul George trade, police say
- US Open plans to bend rules to make sure they get Coco Gauff
- Ex-UFC fighter Abel 'Killa' Trujillo charged with sexual exploitation of child: reports
- Baker Mayfield's annoying Instagram habit courted future wife
- Baker Mayfield trashes New York Giants fans in defense of Odell Beckham Jr
- Dwight Howard opens up about Kobe Bryant calling him 'soft': 'I hated him for that moment'
- MLB players call on Puerto Rico governor to resign over leaked text messages
- Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr says 'GOP has sold its soul to Trump'
- Los Angeles Galaxy star Zlatan Ibrahimovic knows exactly what's not at Area 51