JR Mitchell joined the news team in September of 2015 following a lengthy career in radio, most recently having spent 13 years as the morning show host for Q-106.5 in Bangor. JR has also worked at stations in Millinocket, Houlton and Ellsworth as well.
JR was born in Machias and attended school in the town of Millinocket. He was very involved in politics, music and athletics, and that drove his desire to go into broadcasting. Graduating from the New England School of Broadcasting in 1986. JR is a two-time Country Music Association nominee for Small Market Personality of the Year, and also by the Academy of Country Music for the same award.
JR is a Master Mason at Mystic Lodge #65 in Hampden and is the Chaplain of Anah Shriners in Bangor, as well as being in many of the clubs involved with Anah Shriners, and is a huge supporter of the Pine Tree Camp for Children and Adults with Disabilities.
JR enjoys attending sporting events, live concerts, and telling the stories of the people in Eastern, Central and Northern Maine.
BANGOR - A Bangor toddler has been showing the area what it is to be a survivor. And to carry on he is in need of a kidney.
BREWER - Single motorcycle accident closes down I-395 for hours late Wednesday into Thursday morning.
BANGOR - The Summit Project, an organization founded by Bangor native David Cote, remembers those that gave the ultimate sacrifice while serving our country.
BANGOR -- Bangor Fire Dept. called to a three alarm structure fire on the corner of Hammond st. and Webster Avenue just after 10:40pm. The fire occured in the Rice/Allied Glass Building. Witnesses report hearing four loud booms and then saw smoke and flames.
- Lincoln Loon Festival returns
- Robbery suspect accused of witness tampering
- Lane closure on Main Street due to construction
- Hudson teen dies in crash
- Alleged credit union robber accused of tampering with witness
- Police suspect body found to be that of Augusta transient
- Maine's blueberry industry may get federal help
- Independence Day celebration stretches Acadia thin
- Stillwater Academy moving into former roller rink
- Grill fire spreads, destroys Parkman home
- Police investigating after body found in Augusta apartment
- Elderly woman killed in parking lot accident
- Attorney for accused murderer to ask state to drop charges
- DHS chief decries 'child recycling' at border, recalls migrant who ‘bought’ infant for $80 to exploit loopholes
- President of flight attendants union likens cramped airplane seating to a 'torture chamber'
- Meghan McCain tells Ivanka and Jared to speak up after Trump rally: 'Where are you?'
- Cambodia to return 1,600 tons of waste back to the US, Canada
- AOC, Ilhan Omar accuse Trump of 'spewing fascist ideology' after rally
- 12 Israeli teenagers held in Cyprus over alleged rape of British woman
- Video game cheaters get a taste of their own medicine
- Tom Del Beccaro: How health care can make Republicans winners in 2020
- YouTube star's death prompts Amazon to push for e-scooter safety warnings in UK
- Origins of Michael Cohen probe unsealed: Court files reveal what led to FBI raids
- Chef fired for pouring 'boiling' butter down coworker's pants 'for a crack and a laugh'
- 'Fox & Friends' hosts on Trump's North Carolina rally: 2020 race is becoming Trump vs. The Squad
- Retired NYC firefighter becomes 199th to die from 9/11-related illness
- German woman caught attempting to purchase car with home-printed money
- UK Labour leader slams Trump's attacks on 'squad', one day after being criticized for party's lingering anti-Semitism
- Apollo 11: Google creates huge moonlight portrait larger than Central Park to honor epic mission
- Notre Dame security guard delayed response after going to wrong building when fire first broke out: report
- Apollo 11: Never-before-seen video reveals lunar samples were searched for signs of life
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Man who allegedly stole Super Bowl champion's rings stopped with help from 'Pawn Stars' shop
- Oklahoma City Thunder officials receive threatening voicemail after Paul George trade, police say
- US Open plans to bend rules to make sure they get Coco Gauff
- Ex-UFC fighter Abel 'Killa' Trujillo charged with sexual exploitation of child: reports
- Baker Mayfield's annoying Instagram habit courted future wife
- Baker Mayfield trashes New York Giants fans in defense of Odell Beckham Jr
- Dwight Howard opens up about Kobe Bryant calling him 'soft': 'I hated him for that moment'
- MLB players call on Puerto Rico governor to resign over leaked text messages
- Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr says 'GOP has sold its soul to Trump'
- Los Angeles Galaxy star Zlatan Ibrahimovic knows exactly what's not at Area 51
- David Price, Dennis Eckersley feud reignites after plane incident resurfaces
- Angels pitcher Noe Ramirez suspended for 3 games