JR Mitchell joined the news team in September of 2015 following a lengthy career in radio, most recently having spent 13 years as the morning show host for Q-106.5 in Bangor. JR has also worked at stations in Millinocket, Houlton and Ellsworth as well.
JR was born in Machias and attended school in the town of Millinocket. He was very involved in politics, music and athletics, and that drove his desire to go into broadcasting. Graduating from the New England School of Broadcasting in 1986. JR is a two-time Country Music Association nominee for Small Market Personality of the Year, and also by the Academy of Country Music for the same award.
JR is a Master Mason at Mystic Lodge #65 in Hampden and is the Chaplain of Anah Shriners in Bangor, as well as being in many of the clubs involved with Anah Shriners, and is a huge supporter of the Pine Tree Camp for Children and Adults with Disabilities.
JR enjoys attending sporting events, live concerts, and telling the stories of the people in Eastern, Central and Northern Maine.
BANGOR -The organization PETA is trying to stop travelers from enjoying a Maine favorite with some new ads.
BANGOR - Most people, including Santa Claus himself, makes a list and checks it twice, but this is one purchase that not many consider during the winter months.
BANGOR - The holidays are here! A time to be with family and friends, and usually at the center of many gatherings...FOOD!
This year the folks at Verizon have new high tech gadgets to help you in the kitchen...well, everything except the stove!
BREWER - For candidates and voters alike, the moments after the polls closed were a bit different than in years past.
If election officials need to begin using the ranked choice system, it could be a while before we know the clear results of this election.
- Officials investigate 2 fatal snowmobile crashes
- Windham man arrested in early morning shooting
- Annual "Winter White Out" took place at Shaw's Saturday
- Ellsworth evaluating their EMS services
- Habitat for Humanity breaks ground on multi-unit building
- Popular spud used at local restaurants during basketball tourney
- Katahdin Area Winterfest underway
- Accused Patten bank robber appears in court
- One person killed, two injured in Belfast accident
- Accused dog killer back in court
- Man pleads guilty to meth lab charge
- Bangor's Winterfest set for Saturday
- AARP Maine hosting On Tap events for seniors
- Missing Delaware woman found after crash
- Everything is free at The Storehouse
- Mistrial declared in man's murder trial
- Graduation gown flap at Foxcroft Academy
- Jurors could see pay increase
- Police officer leaves pregnant waitress $100 tip along with 'lovely message' written on check
- German lawmaker wants to ban smartphones for kids under the age of 14
- Trump warns ISIS fighters may be released if European allies don't take them back
- Aurora shooting victim's heartbreaking text to his wife during rampage
- White House: We have strong legal ground for a national emergency at the border
- Vatican: US prelate accused of abuse not at high court
- Report: 58-year-old Joanna Smith gets a new tongue made from a vein and pieces of her arm
- UK-based man charged with inciting attack in Germany
- Pope Francis lifts suspension on Nicaraguan priest, poet
- Did the media fairly report the Jussie Smollett investigation?
- North Macedonia police report breaking up firearms ring
- Politicians who jumped on Jussie Smollett attack claim in awkward spot
- California man faces hate crime charges after punching 7-Eleven clerk, saying he 'hated Muslims'
- Chicago police no longer considering Jussie Smollett the victim of a hate crime
- Trump may veto legislation that blocks national emergency declaration
- WWE star Paige talks 'Fighting with my Family,' becoming the next Dwayne Johnson
- Dog reunited with owner after 8-month, 175-mile journey
- Brazil's #metoo moment: Spiritual guru accused of sex abuse
- What Is A Puja Ceremony? Inside Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas' Pre-Wedding Ritual
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Bobsled track worker narrowly escapes serious injury at World Cup event
- San Diego Fleet's Philip Nelson turns heads with improbable no-look pass
- Financially-strapped Italian soccer club fields seven players in 20-0 loss
- Orlando Apollos' Ryan Davis suffers spinal injury after colliding with teammate during game
- Pittsburgh Steelers' Antonio Brown takes jab at Ben Roethlisberger on social media
- Florida Panthers’ Barkov scores the ‘prettiest goal’ of the season, goes viral
- Red Sox pitcher Heath Hembree stands by earlier Trump endorsement
- Team LeBron rallies to beat Team Giannis, 178-164
- Former tennis champ Martina Navratilova criticized for comments about trans athletes
- Anthony Hamilton sings stirring rendition of national anthem at All-Star Game
- New-look Daytona 500 has a certain throwback feel
- Oklahoma City's Diallo leaps over Shaq to win dunk contest