BANGOR- Potholes have been a consequence of this winter for drivers. Every winter season, potholes are an annoyance for drivers, but so far, this winter season has made potholes a major issue for not only drivers but the city of Bangor itself.
Potholes can cause serious damage to drivers' vehicles.
Stratham Tire Manager Ed Michaud states that "We are seeing a lot of flat tires, impact brakes, tire damage, broken wheels we see a lot of cracked wheels, broken steering and suspension, components such as springs and potholes it doesn't take to knock an alignment out of the vehicle so it can create a lot of other problems with the vehicle."
Officials warn for people try to stay out of the potholes and to get their cars serviced every 6,000 miles.
"This is the worst I've ever seen it, and its all due to the weather. We have these warm wet storms where the water seeps into the pavement and then we have the cold right afterwards and it freezes it so it pushes it back up, causes it crack more and we get another rain storm and then traffic going over it pounds the asphalt right over the whole," said Bangor Public Works Director Eric Wilett.
- Police identify victim of Belfast crash
- Dance show features students' cultures
- Free ice fishing draws hundreds
- Maine man accused of 1993 murder
- Officials investigate 2 fatal snowmobile crashes
- Windham man arrested in early morning shooting
- Annual "Winter White Out" took place at Shaw's Saturday
- Ellsworth evaluating their EMS services
- Habitat for Humanity breaks ground on multi-unit building
- Popular spud used at local restaurants during basketball tourney
- Katahdin Area Winterfest underway
- Accused Patten bank robber appears in court
- One person killed, two injured in Belfast accident
- Former high-ranking FBI officials on Andrew McCabe's alarming admissions
- Lord Mayor of London: Brexit a 'short-term' issue
- Dinesh D'Souza on the Jussie Smollett case, hate crime hoaxes and the left's 'ideological dementia'
- Ingraham: Phony victims who inflict real pain
- George Washington's Farewell Address to be read on Senate floor in annual tradition
- National Border Patrol Museum in Texas vandalized by dozens of protesters, director says
- California woman charged with animal cruelty after allegedly dragging dog while riding scooter
- Venezuelan who escaped socialist nightmare slams Green New Deal
- Vietnam memorial to North Korea pilots marks bygone alliance
- Man who died in Democratic megadonor Ed Buck's home called him a 'f---ing devil,' report says
- Marvel's 'Punisher' and 'Jessica Jones' canceled by Netflix
- Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein expected to step down by mid-March, official says
- Tucker: Watch out! Republicans 'pounce'
- New York, California, 14 other states sue Trump in Ninth Circuit over emergency declaration
- California woman rescued from powerless, snowed in home by sheriff's deputy
- The Story - Monday, February 18
- Reporter Jason Rezaian reveals 'torture' he endured in Iranian prison
- Honduran lawmakers loses seat for defamation conviction
- What Is A Puja Ceremony? Inside Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas' Pre-Wedding Ritual
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- New York Yankees' star pitchers chide New York Mets' Jacob deGrom over possible innings limit
- Bobsled track worker narrowly escapes serious injury at World Cup event
- San Diego Fleet's Philip Nelson turns heads with improbable no-look pass
- Financially-strapped Italian soccer club fields seven players in 20-0 loss
- Orlando Apollos' Ryan Davis suffers spinal injury after colliding with teammate during game
- Pittsburgh Steelers' Antonio Brown takes jab at Ben Roethlisberger on social media
- Florida Panthers’ Barkov scores the ‘prettiest goal’ of the season, goes viral
- Red Sox pitcher Heath Hembree stands by earlier Trump endorsement
- Team LeBron rallies to beat Team Giannis, 178-164
- Former tennis champ Martina Navratilova criticized for comments about trans athletes
- Anthony Hamilton sings stirring rendition of national anthem at All-Star Game
- New-look Daytona 500 has a certain throwback feel