Officers say the call came in at around 2:30 this afternoon. The male suspect, wearing all-black and a ball cap, approached a pharmacy technician and demanded drugs.
The man then fled on foot, in the direction of the Laundry Basket on Husson Avenue.
Officer Jason Linkletter and his K9 would later pick up a scent...trailing the suspect through Bradford Commons, and into the Bangor Gardens.
Fast forward to 3:00: a man fitting the suspect's description was seen running down Falvey Street, where an officer was positioned. That's when law enforcement moved in and made the arrest.
LISBON - Developing news tonight out of Lisbon, as state police say skeletal remains, found there this afternoon, may be those of a Lewiston woman who disappeared last year.
State Police Spokesman Steve McCausland says the remains may be those of 22 year-old Christiana Fesmire, who went missing in July of 2011.
McCausland says the remains were discovered at around 1:00 p.m. along a trail, not far from the intersection of Wagg and Ferry roads.
Just last month, a jury convicted Buddy Robinson of murdering Fesmire. The two had worked together at a Lewiston call center.
Meanwhile, the remains found today will be transported to the medical examiner's office in Augusta for identification.
BANGOR - Earlier today, Bangor Police utilized their K9 unit to apprehend a man who officials say robbed an area pharmacy, and subsequently fled the scene, late this afternoon.
The call came in at approximately 2:30 p.m. The suspect, described as a male wearing a black sweatshirt, black pants, and black ball cap, approached the pharmacy inside Walgreens, demanding drugs.
The man fled the scene on foot, in the direction of the Laundry Basket on Husson Avenue. Bangor police officer Jason Linkletter and a department K9 picked up a trail through Bradford Commons, and into the Bangor Gardens.
Then, just before 3 p.m., a male suspect fitting the description of the robber was seen running down Falvey Street, where another officer was sitting watch. The man was taken into custody, and police were seen gathering evidence at the scene.
"We don't have an account or an amount, or even what it is exactly," says Sgt. Paul Kenison. "But initially the call stated that he did leave the store with some pills and pill bottles, and there were some of those recovered that were on his person."
Initial reports indicate there may have been a note passed to the pharmacist, that implied the threat of a weapon, although none was brandished.
A domestic dispute in Bangor yesterday resulted in the arrest of one man, and assaults on two officials.
24-year-old Anthony King of Bangor was arrested after the department's Bangor Housing Liaison received a report of domestic abuse.
When an officer and mental health liaison attempted to put him in handcuffs, he resisted and became violent.
King punched and kicked the officer and liaison several times, before finally succumbing to arrest after he was threatened with a tazer.
He was taken to the Penobscot County Jail and charged with a number of crimes including Felony Assault on a Police Officer.
An additional officer reported injuries during the arrest and transport of King.
AUGUSTA - A scheduled meeting in the capitol, today, focusing on putting politics aside, was called off because of an alleged tracker.
- A reminder when it comes to young wildlife..."if you care...leave them there"
- Pennsylvania men face drug charges after Medway search
- Two arrested in connection with Medway burglary
- Traffic stops to let doe, fawn cross safely
- Maine's 'New Green Deal' now law
- Water district making overnight repairs at Burleigh, Broadway
- Belfast airport taxiway being extended
- Bangor skate park plans advancing
- No overnight parking at Harlow, Exchange streets due to paving
- Overnight road work set for Broadway, State, York and Exchange
- BREAKING: Williams guilty of killing Cpl. Eugene Cole
- UPDATE: Bangor police investigating Union Street shooting
- Together Place burglarized Sunday
- Maine becomes third state to ban single-use plastic bags
- Gov. Mills signs biennial budget into law
- Stetson man arraigned on murder charge in Connecticut court
- Williams murder trial closing arguments postponed
- Two melons sold at Japanese auction for $45G to first-time bidder: report
- Iraqi official: Rocket hits oil site, wounds 3 Iraqi workers
- 2 New York cops who saved teen from suicide struggled with shotgun: report
- Investigation team to announce progress in MH17 probe
- Platini: "It hurts," soccer star says of police questioning
- UN: Nearly 71 million now displaced by war, violence at home
- Sex-toy company alleges 'sexism' and 'censorship' in lawsuit over blocked NYC subway ads
- Jury deliberations to begin in NXIVM sex-trafficking case
- Donald Trump Jr blasts Joe Biden, asks why he didn’t ‘cure cancer’ in last 50 years
- Trump close to rolling back Obama-era environmental rules
- MSNBC's Chris Matthews: Trump should be calling Elizabeth Warren 'Geronimo' amid poll surge
- Was dead militant war casualty or Navy SEAL's murder victim?
- Rubio hits back at NYT reporter who called him out for ‘smiling’ at Trump rally
- Database says 91,600 killed in Yemen fighting since 2015
- Reparations for slavery remains divisive issue for US, remarks by Booker, McConnell suggest
- SEE IT: giant great white shark stuns fisherman during real-life ‘Jaws’ moment
- Active shooter scare at Honolulu airport delays flights
- Russia, China block UN from saying NKorea violated sanctions
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Nationals pitcher breaks nose when errant bunt hits him in the face
- Ex-MLB star Lenny Dykstra, wrestler spent 9 hours dumpster diving for dentures
- Attorney: Deputy in clash with Raptors president has concussion is on medical leave
- Erik Karlsson agrees to eight-year contract with San Jose Sharks
- St. Louis Blues' Zach Sanford appears to puke on himself during victory parade
- San Francisco Giants' Pablo Sandoval has hand stepped on after making play: 'It was worth it'
- OJ Simpson asks fantasy football question on Twitter
- LaMelo Ball to play in Australia before likely entering NBA Draft
- Al Horford to decline $30.1 million player option with Boston Celtics: report
- Kyrie Irving 'essentially ghosted' Boston Celtics ahead of free agency: report
- College wrestling star, teammate penetrated person with object, police say
- Kawhi Leonard receives housewarming gift from infamous 'Plant Guy'