A student from Thomas college in Waterville was arrested this morning on a fugitive from justice charge.
19 year old Eimel Evans is wanted in New York city for charges including attempted murder, gang assault and other charges.
The charges stem from a shooting that took place in August.
Several New York detectives traveled to Maine over the weekend and were there this morning when Evans was taken into custody.
He's now being held without bail as authorities work to have him extradicted back to New York to face the charges.
The Governor's proposed budget plan is the subject of a big meeting today in Brewer.
The appropriations committee is holding a special hearing to get public input on the plan.
Lawmakers will be taking testimony at Jeff's catering in Brewer beginning this afternoon.
The 6.3 billion dollar two year plan is expected to impact every corner of Maine.
Protesters are also expected to be on hand to demonstrate against some of the cuts proposed in the plan.
Opening statements are being heard today in the murder trial of a Bradford man who's accused of killing his neighbor.
Peter Robinson is accused of striking 71 year old David Trask during a dispute over a piece of land owned by Robinson.
Police say the two got into an argument in November of 2011 and Robinson hit Trask with a crowbar-resulting in his death.
Robinson says it was a case of self defense.
The trial is being held in Bangor.
BANGOR - NCAA Tournament Brackets...you pay a small fee, 5 or 10 dollars, and enter a pool with friends, at work, or even at local bars...It's all in good fun, but is it legal? That's up for interpretation...
- Main Street road work set for Friday, Tuesday
- After delay, Penobscot Narrows Observatory to open Friday
- Calais nurses concerned hospital is unsafe for patients
- Police issue warning after reported car burglaries
- Collision shuts down Route 3 in Trenton
- Maine sees 1st measles case in 2 years
- State police asking public to help find stolen items
- Businesses showcased at chamber expo
- Memorial Day parades, observances around the region
- Road work affecting Main Street traffic
- Woman killed, man hurt in early morning ATV crash
- Arizona man accused of cashing dead mom’s benefits after burying her in backyard
- Trump approves Pentagon plan to send about 2,000 more U.S. troops to Middle East
- Joy Behar on new Assange indictment: He and Comey were 'why Trump won' in 2016
- Douglas MacKinnon: Milkshake attacks are not funny -- Left needs to condemn vile pranks before it's too late
- Man accused in multiple subway brake-pulling incidents arrested, officials say
- US following deportation case of rights activist in Israel
- Mark Zuckerberg claims Facebook security efforts will suffer if company is broken up
- Incapacitated woman at Arizona facility may have been raped, impregnated before most recent assault: reports
- Sen. Graham: No Democrat 'will give a damn' about Barr declassifying documents on Trump campaign surveillance
- Scarborough says Trump 'knows he's slipping' mentally, Brzezinski praises Pelosi: She's 'sharp as a tack'
- Thomas McDaniels: Churches should learn from Blockbuster – change with the times, or die
- Former Michigan priest charged with 6 counts of sex crimes
- Democrat's shocking claim that deaths of migrant children were 'intentional' was disgusting: Tom Homan
- Man living in 'modern treehouse' arrested on suspicion of burglary, cops say
- Vegan couple jailed for giving 18-month-old child restrictive diet leaving her extremely malnourished
- Former officer pleads guilty to battery for punching suspect
- Panera at Home chicken soup recalled over plastic material in product
- In Google's hometown, some residents are living on the streets in RVs
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Olympian soccer player found dead in Colombia days after being reported missing
- Mallory Edens, daughter of Milwaukee Bucks co-owner, trolls Drake with shirt; rapper fires back
- Lillard, Kemba, LeBron among noteworthy All-NBA picks
- Arbitrator upholds Voynov suspension but says he served half
- The Lonely Island releases satire film spoofing Mark McGwire, Jose Canseco
- NFL star's distant family members accuse player of making threats as man faces extortion charges
- Fab Five could reunite thanks to Michigan's hiring of Juwan Howard, Jalen Rose says
- US soccer star Alex Morgan plans to decline any White House invite after World Cup
- Los Angeles Dodgers' Rich Hill launches into profane tirade after bunt single during shift
- Pittsburgh Pirates' Josh Bell becomes first player to hit two homers directly into Allegheny River
- NCAA Division III school being booted from conference over athletic dominance
- Dennis Rodman accused of slapping man at Florida bar: report