Officers say the call came in at around 2:30 this afternoon. The male suspect, wearing all-black and a ball cap, approached a pharmacy technician and demanded drugs.
The man then fled on foot, in the direction of the Laundry Basket on Husson Avenue.
Officer Jason Linkletter and his K9 would later pick up a scent...trailing the suspect through Bradford Commons, and into the Bangor Gardens.
Fast forward to 3:00: a man fitting the suspect's description was seen running down Falvey Street, where an officer was positioned. That's when law enforcement moved in and made the arrest.
LISBON - Developing news tonight out of Lisbon, as state police say skeletal remains, found there this afternoon, may be those of a Lewiston woman who disappeared last year.
State Police Spokesman Steve McCausland says the remains may be those of 22 year-old Christiana Fesmire, who went missing in July of 2011.
McCausland says the remains were discovered at around 1:00 p.m. along a trail, not far from the intersection of Wagg and Ferry roads.
Just last month, a jury convicted Buddy Robinson of murdering Fesmire. The two had worked together at a Lewiston call center.
Meanwhile, the remains found today will be transported to the medical examiner's office in Augusta for identification.
BANGOR - Earlier today, Bangor Police utilized their K9 unit to apprehend a man who officials say robbed an area pharmacy, and subsequently fled the scene, late this afternoon.
The call came in at approximately 2:30 p.m. The suspect, described as a male wearing a black sweatshirt, black pants, and black ball cap, approached the pharmacy inside Walgreens, demanding drugs.
The man fled the scene on foot, in the direction of the Laundry Basket on Husson Avenue. Bangor police officer Jason Linkletter and a department K9 picked up a trail through Bradford Commons, and into the Bangor Gardens.
Then, just before 3 p.m., a male suspect fitting the description of the robber was seen running down Falvey Street, where another officer was sitting watch. The man was taken into custody, and police were seen gathering evidence at the scene.
"We don't have an account or an amount, or even what it is exactly," says Sgt. Paul Kenison. "But initially the call stated that he did leave the store with some pills and pill bottles, and there were some of those recovered that were on his person."
Initial reports indicate there may have been a note passed to the pharmacist, that implied the threat of a weapon, although none was brandished.
A domestic dispute in Bangor yesterday resulted in the arrest of one man, and assaults on two officials.
24-year-old Anthony King of Bangor was arrested after the department's Bangor Housing Liaison received a report of domestic abuse.
When an officer and mental health liaison attempted to put him in handcuffs, he resisted and became violent.
King punched and kicked the officer and liaison several times, before finally succumbing to arrest after he was threatened with a tazer.
He was taken to the Penobscot County Jail and charged with a number of crimes including Felony Assault on a Police Officer.
An additional officer reported injuries during the arrest and transport of King.
AUGUSTA - A scheduled meeting in the capitol, today, focusing on putting politics aside, was called off because of an alleged tracker.
While many people are spending their time before the holidays finalizing their shopping, there are some kids who need some help receiving gifts this year.
The Washington Hancock Community Agency is holding its 11th annual Christmas for Kids drive to help make the holidays a bit brighter for children in families that are unable afford gifts this season.
According to organizers, some families must choose between heating oil and holiday treats.
When registering for assistance from WHCA, some kids are asking for just the bare necessities: coats, hats, and warm socks.
To help, checks can be made payable to the Washington Hancock Community Agency with Christmas for Kids in the memo line.
They can be sent to the agency at P. O. Box 299 Ellsworth, Maine 04679.
Those who need help with gifts can contact WHCA at 664-2424 in Hancock County or 546-7544 in Washington County.
ORONO - Just two days after authorities say former University of Maine Black Bear and Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher fatally shot his girlfriend, before killing himself, the University released campus police reports, detailing some incidents involving belcher, while he was still a student...and the incidents potentially point to Belcher's past difficulties with women.
According to UMaine police records, released earlier tonight, Belcher seriously cut his hand and wrist back in April of 2006, after he punched out a window in Androscoggin Residence Hall.
Officers reported Belcher did so out of anger over a particular girl. His case was forwarded to judicial affairs, and he was ordered to pay restitution.
Then, in February of 2007, officers responded to a loud verbal argument between belcher and his then girlfriend. The dispute occured after the girlfriend failed to call him at a pre-arranged time. She then asked to stay over, and belcher refused, saying he didn't want to see her until morning.
Officers said the disagreement never turned physical.
- Officials investigate 2 fatal snowmobile crashes
- Windham man arrested in early morning shooting
- Annual "Winter White Out" took place at Shaw's Saturday
- Ellsworth evaluating their EMS services
- Habitat for Humanity breaks ground on multi-unit building
- Popular spud used at local restaurants during basketball tourney
- Katahdin Area Winterfest underway
- Accused Patten bank robber appears in court
- One person killed, two injured in Belfast accident
- Accused dog killer back in court
- Man pleads guilty to meth lab charge
- Bangor's Winterfest set for Saturday
- AARP Maine hosting On Tap events for seniors
- Missing Delaware woman found after crash
- Everything is free at The Storehouse
- Mistrial declared in man's murder trial
- Graduation gown flap at Foxcroft Academy
- Jurors could see pay increase
- Police officer leaves pregnant waitress $100 tip along with 'lovely message' written on check
- German lawmaker wants to ban smartphones for kids under the age of 14
- Trump warns ISIS fighters may be released if European allies don't take them back
- Aurora shooting victim's heartbreaking text to his wife during rampage
- White House: We have strong legal ground for a national emergency at the border
- Vatican: US prelate accused of abuse not at high court
- Report: 58-year-old Joanna Smith gets a new tongue made from a vein and pieces of her arm
- UK-based man charged with inciting attack in Germany
- Pope Francis lifts suspension on Nicaraguan priest, poet
- Did the media fairly report the Jussie Smollett investigation?
- North Macedonia police report breaking up firearms ring
- Politicians who jumped on Jussie Smollett attack claim in awkward spot
- California man faces hate crime charges after punching 7-Eleven clerk, saying he 'hated Muslims'
- Chicago police no longer considering Jussie Smollett the victim of a hate crime
- Trump may veto legislation that blocks national emergency declaration
- WWE star Paige talks 'Fighting with my Family,' becoming the next Dwayne Johnson
- Dog reunited with owner after 8-month, 175-mile journey
- Brazil's #metoo moment: Spiritual guru accused of sex abuse
- What Is A Puja Ceremony? Inside Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas' Pre-Wedding Ritual
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Bobsled track worker narrowly escapes serious injury at World Cup event
- San Diego Fleet's Philip Nelson turns heads with improbable no-look pass
- Financially-strapped Italian soccer club fields seven players in 20-0 loss
- Orlando Apollos' Ryan Davis suffers spinal injury after colliding with teammate during game
- Pittsburgh Steelers' Antonio Brown takes jab at Ben Roethlisberger on social media
- Florida Panthers’ Barkov scores the ‘prettiest goal’ of the season, goes viral
- Red Sox pitcher Heath Hembree stands by earlier Trump endorsement
- Team LeBron rallies to beat Team Giannis, 178-164
- Former tennis champ Martina Navratilova criticized for comments about trans athletes
- Anthony Hamilton sings stirring rendition of national anthem at All-Star Game
- New-look Daytona 500 has a certain throwback feel
- Oklahoma City's Diallo leaps over Shaq to win dunk contest