Millinocket- We have an update on a young boy named Ashton in need of a kidney transplant.
After many ups and downs, Ashton and his family has great news for his future.
On the outside Ashton looks and acts like a healthy little four year old boy full of energy.
But on the inside, it hasn’t exactly been the case as he was diagnosed with chronic kidney disease when he was 10 months old.
Since then Danielle Lozier, Ashton’s mom, has been trying to get him a new kidney.
“"But up until now we've been unsuccessful, he was due to actually to have a transplant in January 2018, but at the last minute that person ended up not being a match so we had to cancel the surgery 10 days before, that was a huge disappointment for us for sure," Lozier said.
Danielle hoped to get the new kidney for Ashton before they began dialysis but the latest setback pushing back their desired timetable.
For eight hours a day, Ashton has to be hooked up to the machine for it to act like a kidney for him and clean out all of the toxins in his little body.
That unfortunate rejection created a little doubt for Ashton's chances of getting a new kidney soon.
"Obviously that affected me as well because I still worry that oh maybe he won't get this kidney. I try not to think like that but its always in the back of my mind that something can happen that maybe it won't happen but we're hoping for the best," Lozier said.
And their patience and resilience has paid off as another potential donor popped up recently and this time it is confirmed that kidney donor is a match.
“I hung up the phone and I grabbed Ashton and we started spinning around in circles I was screaming it was so exciting so exciting but it just incredible that someone is willing to donate their own kidney to give Ashton the life he deserves to have,” Lozier said.
The surgery is scheduled for May of this year.
BANGOR - It's been more than 24 years since the brutal beating death of 8-month-old Aisha Dickson -- one of only three unsolved homicides in Bangor -- but it's still raw for the couple listed in the baby's obituary as her "adopted grandparents."
- Police identify victim of Belfast crash
- Dance show features students' cultures
- Free ice fishing draws hundreds
- Maine man accused of 1993 murder
- Officials investigate 2 fatal snowmobile crashes
- Windham man arrested in early morning shooting
- Annual "Winter White Out" took place at Shaw's Saturday
- Ellsworth evaluating their EMS services
- Habitat for Humanity breaks ground on multi-unit building
- Popular spud used at local restaurants during basketball tourney
- Katahdin Area Winterfest underway
- Accused Patten bank robber appears in court
- One person killed, two injured in Belfast accident
- Warren set to release $70B-per-year plan for universal child care, will tap wealth tax
- New reaction to an alleged plot to use the 25th Amendment against President Trump
- Person of interest in bludgeoning death of mom, teen son in NYC apartment jumps in front of train: report
- Rush to judgment: Jussie Smollett and the perils of preemptive outrage
- Migrant dies while in custody of Border Patrol in Texas, reports say
- Former high-ranking FBI officials on Andrew McCabe's alarming admissions
- Lord Mayor of London: Brexit a 'short-term' issue
- Dinesh D'Souza on the Jussie Smollett case, hate crime hoaxes and the left's 'ideological dementia'
- Ingraham: Phony victims who inflict real pain
- George Washington's Farewell Address to be read on Senate floor in annual tradition
- National Border Patrol Museum in Texas vandalized by dozens of protesters, director says
- California woman charged with animal cruelty after allegedly dragging dog while riding scooter
- Venezuelan who escaped socialist nightmare slams Green New Deal
- Vietnam memorial to North Korea pilots marks bygone alliance
- Man who died in Democratic megadonor Ed Buck's home called him a 'f---ing devil,' report says
- Marvel's 'Punisher' and 'Jessica Jones' canceled by Netflix
- Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein expected to step down by mid-March, official says
- Tucker: Watch out! Republicans 'pounce'
- What Is A Puja Ceremony? Inside Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas' Pre-Wedding Ritual
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- New York Yankees' star pitchers chide New York Mets' Jacob deGrom over possible innings limit
- Bobsled track worker narrowly escapes serious injury at World Cup event
- San Diego Fleet's Philip Nelson turns heads with improbable no-look pass
- Financially-strapped Italian soccer club fields seven players in 20-0 loss
- Orlando Apollos' Ryan Davis suffers spinal injury after colliding with teammate during game
- Pittsburgh Steelers' Antonio Brown takes jab at Ben Roethlisberger on social media
- Florida Panthers’ Barkov scores the ‘prettiest goal’ of the season, goes viral
- Red Sox pitcher Heath Hembree stands by earlier Trump endorsement
- Team LeBron rallies to beat Team Giannis, 178-164
- Former tennis champ Martina Navratilova criticized for comments about trans athletes
- Anthony Hamilton sings stirring rendition of national anthem at All-Star Game
- New-look Daytona 500 has a certain throwback feel