Kayla Hevey joined the ABC 7 and Fox 22 news team in June of 2019.
She is a graduate of Quinnipiac University where she majored in broadcast journalism. While at Quinnipiac, she was a member of the school’s student-run television station, Q30 Television, covering local and entertainment news as an executive producer and host of a lifestyle show. She also gained experience interning at several news stations across Connecticut.
Kayla is from Somers, Connecticut, but some of her best memories are visiting the southern coast of Maine on vacation with her family in York. She’s excited to start her career here in Bangor while getting the chance to explore other parts of the state.
If you see her around, say hi! Kayla can be contacted at [email protected] or on Twitter @kaylahevey.
BANGOR - More than 50 boys and girls are performing at 7:30 p.m. tonight to kick off St. John's Organ Society's annual Summer Recital Series.
BANGOR - With places like the beach, a pool, or a golf course, there are many ways to spend a sunny summer day and have some fun in the sun.
AUGUSTA - The opioid crisis continues throughout the state of Maine. A summit in Augusta brought together people who say they aren't willing to give up the fight.
BAR HARBOR - The landscape is changing in Bar Harbor. One building is being torn down to protect and expand another one that plays an important role in the community.
SOUTHWEST HARBOR - Flamingos are flocking to Southwest Harbor -- plastic lawn flamingos, that is -- for the annual Harbor House Flamingo Festival.
BANGOR - Penobscot Community Health Care is partnering with the University of Maine School of Nursing, Harrington Family Health Care and Hometown Health Care to help fill the shortage of nurse practitioners in Maine.
ORONO - People use their smartphones everyday, whether it's to look up the weather, check Instagram, talk to friends or FaceTime family.
- Tribute to Bangor attorney raises $10,000 to fight cancer
- Humane society offers pet safety tips during heatwave
- Augusta police seeking Quick Mart robber
- Gouldsboro man accused of stealing, burning SUV
- Man arrested after Waldo stabbing
- Guilty verdict in trial of Lewiston man
- Rollover ties up traffic on I-95
- Lincoln Loon Festival returns
- Robbery suspect accused of witness tampering
- Lane closure on Main Street due to construction
- Hudson teen dies in crash
- Alleged credit union robber accused of tampering with witness
- Police suspect body found to be that of Augusta transient
- Bernie Sanders’ campaign workers complaining, fleeing over ‘poverty wages’: report
- Brooklyn man dies after sucker punch, NYPD searches for suspect
- Dem socialist Julia Salazar allegedly dipped into trust fund during state senate campaign: report
- SEE IT: Man in suit piggy-backs woman to escape flooded New Jersey train station
- Fatal stabbings of mom, 3 kids leave relatives, friends devastated; suspect in custody, authorities say
- Jerry Seinfeld lands 'dream guest' for new season of 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee'
- 'Firebird' roller coaster jams at Six Flags park near DC; all passengers escorted to safety
- Biscuits start baking inside hot car in Nebraska as part of weather experiment
- Jim Hanson: US downing of Iranian drone is a warning to stop aggression and support for terrorism
- Arkansas sheriff's deputy killed in shooting after responding to domestic call, police say
- Gigi Hadid beats copyright lawsuit over Instagram picture
- Kim Kardashian thanks Trump, Pompeo and Kushner for efforts to get A$AP Rocky released from Sweden jail
- Capitol police meet with members of political 'squad' about safety concerns
- Tlaib, AOC grill McAleenan over treatment of migrants detained at US-Mexico border
- Chicago woman, daughter charged with killing baby cut from teenager's womb with butcher knife
- Jay Sekulow and Mark Goldfeder: Ilhan Omar’s outrageous anti-Israel resolution should be defeated in House
- Trump to nominate Gene Scalia, son of late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, for secretary of labor
- Senators reach deal to vote on 9/11 victims fund as Dems blast proposed Lee amendment
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Man who allegedly stole Super Bowl champion's rings stopped with help from 'Pawn Stars' shop
- Oklahoma City Thunder officials receive threatening voicemail after Paul George trade, police say
- US Open plans to bend rules to make sure they get Coco Gauff
- Ex-UFC fighter Abel 'Killa' Trujillo charged with sexual exploitation of child: reports
- Baker Mayfield's annoying Instagram habit courted future wife
- Baker Mayfield trashes New York Giants fans in defense of Odell Beckham Jr
- Dwight Howard opens up about Kobe Bryant calling him 'soft': 'I hated him for that moment'
- MLB players call on Puerto Rico governor to resign over leaked text messages
- Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr says 'GOP has sold its soul to Trump'
- Los Angeles Galaxy star Zlatan Ibrahimovic knows exactly what's not at Area 51
- David Price, Dennis Eckersley feud reignites after plane incident resurfaces
- Angels pitcher Noe Ramirez suspended for 3 games