Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
BREWER - Coffee was poured and tables were set Wednesday morning, as the American Red Cross of Northern and Eastern Maine invited the community to Brewer for a special breakfast.
SWANVILLE - A Waldo County man has been charged with the murder of 26-year-old Shane Sauer of Belfast. The shooting happened sometime before 4:45 this morning.
BANGOR - Time to break out the cowboy hats. The Professional Bull Riders are in town for the Velocity Tour Bangor Classic.
BANGOR - The most recent government shutdown created a period of financial uncertainty for many federal employees. While financial stress is inevitable, preparation can help alleviate that burden.
BANGOR - The winter weather kept many people off the roads today, making some local store owners nervous about their Valentine's Day sales.
BANGOR - The gift of love comes in many forms. On Valentine's Day, which this year falls on Thursday, patients at Beacon Hospice in Bangor will receive that gift in the form of a colorful collection of cards filled with inspirational and caring messages.
STATEWIDE - With Valentine's Day just around the corner, many local florists are getting ready for the busy holiday.
LINCOLN - On Tuesday, officials from Penobscot Valley Hospital announced their decision to file for bankruptcy protection. It comes after years of tough economic conditions in the Lincoln area.
SOMESVILLE - It was just last January when two young girls and a father were rescued after falling through the ice of Long Pond in Southwest Harbor. More than a year later, those first responders are being honored in a special way.
- Local business expo raises money for school district
- Free car seat inspections
- Hey Bangor: Did you handle a bat last weekend?
- Bill would tighten OUI laws
- Hey Bangor: Did you handle a bat last weekend?
- Students get glimpse into criminal justice system
- Police charge man with assaulting infant son
- Preliminary report on Presque Isle plane crash
- Man indicted on child sex charges
- Man sentenced for stealing cruiser in escape attempt
- Cancer patients need drivers
- Skowhegan Maple Festival opens Friday
- TRIO, Gear Up in spotlight at State House
- Bill seeks to raise ambulance reimbursements
- Mayo Regional, Northern Lights merger advancing
- Eating mushrooms can cut cognitive decline risk, study finds
- Dr. Marc Siegel: Pot use and the awful problem of marijuana-induced psychosis (and why it is on the rise)
- Thousands rally against leaders in Serbia, Montenegro
- White House remains optimistic as Federal Reserve signals economic slowdown
- Magnitude 6.1 quake rattles nerves in southwestern Colombia
- Pompeo tours Lebanese historical sites in ancient city
- Ari Fleischer praises Attorney General Bill Barr for staying 'quiet' amid the conclusion of the Mueller investigation
- 2020 Democratic presidential hopefuls call for the full release of the Mueller report
- Protests erupt in Pittsburgh after cop cleared in shooting
- Patriots owner Kraft says ‘I am truly sorry’ in first public comments since prostitution bust
- Will House Democrats continue to investigate Trump once the findings of the Mueller report are released?
- Andrew McCarthy: We need full disclosure of Mueller report and material about his investigation
- Kelly Ripa taunts daughter Lola after she ‘reports’ video of dad Mark Consuelos’ abs
- 'It was very close to an abort': How the nerve-wracking final seconds of the Apollo 11 Moon landing unfolded
- 5,000 nationalists protest corruption in Ukraine
- Rafi Eitan, leader of Israeli spy mission to capture Nazi Adolph Eichmann, dies at 92
- Mexican officials pick up 21 lost migrants south of Texas
- 115 reported dead after attack on central Malian village
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Liberty upset over Mississippi State caps NCAA tourney Day 2 action
- ISU says there’s ‘no evidence’ US skater Mariah Bell ‘intended any harm’ to South Korean opponent
- FSU player Phil Cofer is told after game that his father, ex-NFL linebacker, passed away
- NBA star Kevin Durant’s ‘adopted brother,’ 32, shot, killed outside Atlanta-area nightclub
- Wofford's Fletcher Magee sets 3-pointer mark as Terriers top Seton Hall
- NFL paid under $10M to settle Colin Kaepernick grievance
- US figure skater Mariah Bell accused of purposely cutting South Korean opponent at world championships
- Boston Red Sox minor league affiliate plans to 'celebrate' Alex Rodriguez, Jennifer Lopez engagement
- Ichiro Suzuki gets standing ovation as he walks off baseball field for the final time
- Australian rules football star likens photo comments to 'sexual abuse'
- UCLA student never played for soccer club listed on her Bruins' athletic profile, official says
- Trump goalie mask made for youth hockey player draws criticism