Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
AUGUSTA - A number of gun control bills will make their way through the legislature this session. Lawmakers continue to debate different firearm regulations, including background checks and 'red flag' measures.
WARREN - A group of inmates at the Maine State Prison have been given an opportunity at education. The partnership between the Department of Corrections and University of Maine at Augusta is helping give prisoners a second chance.
MILLINOCKET - Last week, Baxter State Park rangers rescued a father and son from whiteout conditions on Mt. Katahdin. Winter hiking can be challenging, and proper preparation is a must.
BANGOR - According to the State Fire Marshal's Office, there were 22 fire-related fatalities in 2018.
12 of those victims were age 60 or older.
STATEWIDE - Governor Janet Mills spent her first day in office signing an executive order for medicaid expansion.
AUGUSTA - Governor Janet Mills took the oath of office Wednesday night at her inaugural ceremony in Augusta and became the state's 75th Maine governor.
HARMONY- Maine is home to a wide range of wildlife that attracts tourists from around the country. Today, folks came to Harmony to take a look at some animals you might not expect to see around Central Maine.
- One man killed in Buckfield head-on accident
- New partnership looks to help small businesses
- Fire destroys Eastbrook home
- New EZ Mart opens in Hermon
- Dysart's now has AEDs
- Lawmaker wants to change referendum process
- Hallowell woman drives car through garage
- List of accused former priests includes 7 who taught in Maine
- Westbrook river ice disk goes viral
- Children's Caucus recommends investing in early learning
- Vigil honors Martin Luther King and his message
- Darling's receives award for work with The Courageous Steps Project
- Holden police to host "Warm Up Wednesday"
- Free YMCA memberships for employees affected by shutdown
- Accused dog killer may face additional jail time
- Fox News @ Night – Wednesday, January 16
- Hannity – Wednesday, January 16
- 8 things you didn't know about Candace Cameron Bure
- Renting your home? Here's 7 things a traveler never want to see
- Joey Fatone says there’s no *NSYNC reunion being planned but ‘never say never’
- FBI records, emails, Social Security numbers exposed in massive data leak, security experts say
- The Ingraham Angle – Wednesday, January 16
- Ocasio-Cortez's latest role on Capitol Hill: Twitter tutor for House Democrats
- John Stossel: Government shutdown lessons -- We could take a chainsaw to so much of government
- Dan Bongino: Hey, Rep. Ocasio-Cortez, show us how it's done and donate 70 percent of your income to the government
- Tammy Bruce: It's time to stand up and stop this pathological frenzy to marginalize boys and men
- March for Life -- Here's why I (still) march
- Jason Chaffetz: The Senate should vote to open the government, fund the wall and force Dems to vote 'nay'
- In latest reversal, Gillibrand now supports letting illegal immigrants get driver's licenses
- Tucker Carlson Tonight – Wednesday, January 16
- 'So much stupidity' surrounding battle over border wall: Jonah Goldberg
- Dispute at IHOP restaurant in Alabama leads to 2 shooting deaths, 1 injury, police say
- Raleigh cop, now fighting for his life, was shot multiple times at close range, report says
- What Is A Puja Ceremony? Inside Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas' Pre-Wedding Ritual
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Ex-NFLer Richie Incognito went into hiding after online 'threat' by teammate he allegedly bullied, report says
- NFL, NBA and MLB come around to sports betting after realizing it could be a cash cow
- Knicks' Enes Kanter subject of Turkey international arrest warrant request
- Ex-NFL Pro Bowl wide receiver details past relationship with Jeff Bezos' girlfriend Lauren Sanchez
- Miami Dolphins beat writer dismisses Colin Kaepernick, says Satan would be better quarterback
- John Wetteland, former World Series MVP, allegedly forced young relative to perform sex act on him, police say
- Atlanta Falcons player Takkarist McKinley undergoes mental evaluation after hotel 'incident': report
- Austin FC to become Major League Soccer's 27th team in 2021
- Super Bowl LIII planners in Atlanta: This shutdown means ‘uncharted territory’
- Reggie Bush says Clemson’s fast food spread from Trump was ‘disrespectful on so many levels’
- New York Jets' Adam Gase's intense look goes viral during introductory press conference
- Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova offer different reactions to emotional opponents after their matches