Kelly Mitchell joined the news team in March of 2018. She grew up splitting her time between York, ME and Haverhill, MA, but her favorite childhood memories took place along the rocky coast of southern Maine. She's now excited to explore other parts of the state.
She graduated from Suffolk University, where she got her first taste of journalism covering the Boston Marathon bombing trial live from the courtroom. She spent the end of her college career working as a writer at WHDH in Boston.
An avid traveler, she's visited ten countries and used to live in Spain. When not working, Kelly can be found reading with a coffee, out with friends, or wandering by the ocean.
AUGUSTA - A statewide conference got students thinking about how to respect differences in others, and make their schools a better place.
ELLSWORTH - The Ellsworth Area Chamber of Commerce was getting down to business Thursday evening with their annual awards night.
AUGUSTA - This week is National Police Week, and at a memorial by the Maine State House Thursday, Mainers gathered to honor the state's fallen law enforcement.
AUGUSTA - Walking to help the wounded, that's how almost 200 students at Saint Michael School in Augusta spent their Wednesday.
BANGOR - Senator Susan Collins said she's working in Washington, DC to lower the high cost of prescription drugs.
AUGUSTA - Bills regarding the storage of firearms were a topic of contention at the Maine State House Friday. Supporters said they protect kids and are common sense bills, but those opposed feel you can't legislate good parenting.
AUGUSTA - Multiple lawmakers are looking to change healthcare coverage in Maine, and one is suggesting the state switch to a single payer system.
AUGUSTA - Lawmakers discussed a bill at its work session Wednesday that's aimed to protect taxpayers in the privatization of some state services.
- Memorial Day parades, observances around the region
- Road work affecting Main Street traffic
- Woman killed, man hurt in early morning ATV crash
- Maine Coast Hospital offering Tuesday vaccine class, shots
- Attorney: Trial begins Tuesday in Bar Harbor teen's death
- Walkers, runners brave rain for Courageous Steps
- Bangor food truck fest draws 3,000 foodies
- Brick Church raises funds to clothe, feed needy
- Mainers weigh in on bicentennial flag design
- Baileyville women facing drug charges
- Trump signing memorandum requiring immigrant sponsors to pay for social services
- USDA staffers quit en masse as Trump administration eyes moving offices out of DC
- Fox Nation announces new shows hosted by Tyrus, Kat Timpf, Tammy Bruce and Lawrence Jones
- 5 indicted in Wisconsin accused of forced immigrant labor
- Camps harden vaccine rules amid US measles outbreak
- Police search for driver suspected in Utah highway killing
- Prosecutor to decide if police who shot kids can be charged
- NTSB: Plane veered back and forth before stopping in river
- The Latest: Memorial held for Texas woman shot by officer
- Ex-Ohio State coach pleads guilty in sexual battery case
- Prisoner charged in cellmate's death has killed twice before
- NYU commencement speaker calls for a boycott of Israel, says Trump is a 'fascist'
- As nuclear weapons risk escalates, debate grows about 'vintage' US arsenal
- Woman who helped put away serial killer awaits his execution
- Tennessee teen mom receives more than $1M in scholarships from at least 25 colleges, school says
- Jail calls: Suspect, ex laughed at Tennessee church shooting
- Tornado hits Missouri capital as deadly storms sweep state
- Republican launches fresh push to defund sanctuary cities after courts block Trump
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- The Lonely Island releases satire film spoofing Mark McGwire, Jose Canseco
- NFL star's distant family members accuse player of making threats as man faces extortion charges
- Fab Five could reunite thanks to Michigan's hiring of Juwan Howard, Jalen Rose says
- US soccer star Alex Morgan plans to decline any White House invite after World Cup
- Los Angeles Dodgers' Rich Hill launches into profane tirade after bunt single during shift
- Pittsburgh Pirates' Josh Bell becomes first player to hit two homers directly into Allegheny River
- NCAA Division III school being booted from conference over athletic dominance
- Dennis Rodman accused of slapping man at Florida bar: report
- Drake's sideline antics draw ire of Milwaukee Bucks coach, rapper responds to criticism
- Russian weightlifter suffers gruesome injury trying to squat more than 500 pounds
- Ex-MLB slugger Josh Hamilton reveals conversation with God led him to retirement
- Kenya's Olympic track coach banned 10 years for corruption