Kelly Mitchell joined the news team in March of 2018. She grew up splitting her time between York, ME and Haverhill, MA, but her favorite childhood memories took place along the rocky coast of southern Maine. She's now excited to explore other parts of the state.
She graduated from Suffolk University, where she got her first taste of journalism covering the Boston Marathon bombing trial live from the courtroom. She spent the end of her college career working as a writer at WHDH in Boston.
An avid traveler, she's visited ten countries and used to live in Spain. When not working, Kelly can be found reading with a coffee, out with friends, or wandering by the ocean.
BUCKSPORT - Along with the new aquaculture farm coming to the former mill site in Bucksport, there's also a new lobster processing business at Buckstown Heritage Park.
DEXTER - A transitional home that tries to provide life skills to help women build their lives is looking for more people to help.
HAMPDEN - In September, Good Shepherd Food Bank will be having a grand opening of their remodeled space. Our news team checked in to get an update on how renovations are going.
STONINGTON - Sunday was the 30th Fishermen's Day in Stonington. It's a day to honor fishermen and the sometimes dangerous work they do.
BANGOR -Forty different artists took over the streets of downtown Bangor Saturday for the revival of a sidewalk art festival.
PITTSFIELD - As part of the ongoing bicentennial celebrations for Pittsfield, there is going to be a sculpture tour at the home of a local couple on Sunday.
BANGOR - The sixth annual "Support and Escort Motorcycle Ride" took place in Bangor Saturday. It kicks off a ten day hike to honor the fallen as part of the Wilderness Walk for Warriors.
PITTSFIELD - As the Central Maine Egg Festival puts a spotlight on Pittsfield this weekend, our news team took a deeper look into the area's past.
BELFAST - Belfast's city leaders are trying to set the record straight after a newspaper headline got picked up around the country, that claimed the best the city could do for its homeless population was offer a tent and some camping gear.
BANGOR - The new chief patrol agent for the U.S. Border Patrol's Houlton Sector started this winter, but Wednesday he was officially sworn in to his new post here in Maine.
- Downeast Horizons residents treated to lumberjack show
- Astronomy center marking moon landing's 50th anniversary
- Hospital officials, nurses at odds over contract
- Bangor police investigating window smashings
- Grower: Strawberry crop 'very, very good'
- Tribute to Bangor attorney raises $10,000 to fight cancer
- Humane society offers pet safety tips during heatwave
- Augusta police seeking Quick Mart robber
- Gouldsboro man accused of stealing, burning SUV
- Man arrested after Waldo stabbing
- Guilty verdict in trial of Lewiston man
- Rollover ties up traffic on I-95
- Lincoln Loon Festival returns
- Robbery suspect accused of witness tampering
- Lane closure on Main Street due to construction
- Hudson teen dies in crash
- WATCH: Veteran climbs flag pole, fixes American flag at Navy SEAL monument
- Florida sheriff orders investigation into Jeffrey Epstein's work release program
- Fred Fleitz: Iran’s seizure of two oil tankers was a stupid move – It could boost European support for Trump
- Lawmakers call for Puerto Rico's governor to step down amid widespread protests on island
- Utah city will replace ‘dummy’ cameras at park where Mackenzie Lueck was last seen
- Intruder detained after jumping on wing of Nigeria plane prior to takeoff
- 'The View' co-host awkwardly confuses John Hickenlooper with Jay Inslee during interview
- Ousted Planned Parenthood head says she tried to 'depoliticize' group
- Michelle Obama seemingly swipes at Trump amid 'send her back' controversy
- Dems plot strategy for grilling Mueller ahead of highly-anticipated testimony
- Ex-NSA contractor gets nine years in prison for stealing classified documents
- Drone targets base of Iran-backed militia in northern Iraq
- Apollo 11 astronaut’s punch almost ended in battery charges
- Trump slams Dem support for ‘Squad,’ accuses progressives of trash-talking US
- AOC: Trump can't conceive of an immigration system without torture, hurting 'innocent people'
- Apollo 11: Former officer on recovery ship USS Hornet recalls watching astronauts' 'amazing' return with President Nixon
- Former President Bill Clinton vacations in Dominican Republic as country tries to move past spate of tourist deaths
- Congressional investigators seeking Nellie Ohr’s opposition research records on Trump family
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Reigning time-trial world champion Rohan Dennis quits Tour de France in midstage
- Massachusetts teens hailed for giving spare Red Sox ticket to homeless man
- Ex-New York Giants offensive lineman Mitch Petrus dies of heat stroke at age 32
- Kansas City Chiefs star Tyreek Hill won't be suspended by NFL over child abuse allegations
- Tiger Woods hints health, 'Father Time', is an issue after first round struggles at The Open: 'Just the way it's going to be'
- Miami Dolphins' Kendrick Norton released from hospital 2 weeks after losing arm in crash
- Man who allegedly stole Super Bowl champion's rings stopped with help from 'Pawn Stars' shop
- Oklahoma City Thunder officials receive threatening voicemail after Paul George trade, police say
- US Open plans to bend rules to make sure they get Coco Gauff
- Ex-UFC fighter Abel 'Killa' Trujillo charged with sexual exploitation of child: reports
- Baker Mayfield's annoying Instagram habit courted future wife
- Baker Mayfield trashes New York Giants fans in defense of Odell Beckham Jr