Nit-Noi Ricker is an Army brat who grew up on a farm in Winterport. She went to the University of Maine and the University of Northern Texas to learn how to be a journalist and started her career in Arizona at the Williams-Grand Canyon News, where she learned every skill needed to produce a small newspaper and earned the Excellence in Journalism Award in 2001 from the American Society of Civil Engineers. Maine, however, kept calling her name and she and her son, Zak, returned home in 2003. She covered sports for the Belfast Republican Journal for a short time before landing a job at the Bangor Daily News, where for nearly 15 years she covered breaking news, town meetings and the issues people were talking about all over Maine. In that time, she also married a Bangor native and had a second son, Darby, and along with her craft beer-making husband, Cory, started a brewery. Nit-Noi joined the WVII team in February 2018.
You can email her at [email protected].
BREWER - The deadly toxic gas leak at the Union Carbide pesticide plant in Bhopal, India back in 1984 that killed thousands is one of the reasons why the U.S. stepped up its rules for identifying chemicals, and having plans in place to deal with a leak.
BANGOR - Friends of the Clifton woman who was found shot to death on Monday spoke out this afternoon after the man accused of taking her life was in court.
ELLSWORTH - One of two men accused in the brutal death of a small dog owned by a lobsterman from Winter Harbor, may face additional jail time.
UPDATE: State Police make murder arrest.
CLIFTON - Maine State Police have arrested 37-year-old Dwight Osgood Jr. and charged him with murder in the shooting death of his girlfriend, who was found inside her residence on Monday after an emergency 911 call was made.
WINTERPORT - Ice skating is an outdoor sport that can be enjoyed by the entire family, even those who watch from the sidelines.
BELFAST - Recovery coaches are people who have been through their own recovery from drug or alcohol addiction, and want to help others take the same steps.
CHARLESTON - The heat went out in a portion of the Mountain View Correctional Facility in Charleston back in the spring, and again when the heater was turned on in December, Commissioner-elect Randall Liberty said Friday.
BREWER - A notorious used car dealer who was sued by the Maine Attorney General's office over his deceptive practices, this week was again working in the used car business.
BANGOR - An East Millinocket man charged in the shooting death and robbery of a Millinocket businessman has decided to plead guilty to the charges against him.
- One man killed in Buckfield head-on accident
- New partnership looks to help small businesses
- Fire destroys Eastbrook home
- New EZ Mart opens in Hermon
- Dysart's now has AEDs
- Lawmaker wants to change referendum process
- Hallowell woman drives car through garage
- List of accused former priests includes 7 who taught in Maine
- Westbrook river ice disk goes viral
- Children's Caucus recommends investing in early learning
- Vigil honors Martin Luther King and his message
- Darling's receives award for work with The Courageous Steps Project
- Holden police to host "Warm Up Wednesday"
- Free YMCA memberships for employees affected by shutdown
- Accused dog killer may face additional jail time
- Fox News @ Night – Wednesday, January 16
- Hannity – Wednesday, January 16
- 8 things you didn't know about Candace Cameron Bure
- Renting your home? Here's 7 things a traveler never want to see
- Joey Fatone says there’s no *NSYNC reunion being planned but ‘never say never’
- FBI records, emails, Social Security numbers exposed in massive data leak, security experts say
- The Ingraham Angle – Wednesday, January 16
- Ocasio-Cortez's latest role on Capitol Hill: Twitter tutor for House Democrats
- John Stossel: Government shutdown lessons -- We could take a chainsaw to so much of government
- Dan Bongino: Hey, Rep. Ocasio-Cortez, show us how it's done and donate 70 percent of your income to the government
- Tammy Bruce: It's time to stand up and stop this pathological frenzy to marginalize boys and men
- March for Life -- Here's why I (still) march
- Jason Chaffetz: The Senate should vote to open the government, fund the wall and force Dems to vote 'nay'
- In latest reversal, Gillibrand now supports letting illegal immigrants get driver's licenses
- Tucker Carlson Tonight – Wednesday, January 16
- 'So much stupidity' surrounding battle over border wall: Jonah Goldberg
- Dispute at IHOP restaurant in Alabama leads to 2 shooting deaths, 1 injury, police say
- Raleigh cop, now fighting for his life, was shot multiple times at close range, report says
- What Is A Puja Ceremony? Inside Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas' Pre-Wedding Ritual
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Ex-NFLer Richie Incognito went into hiding after online 'threat' by teammate he allegedly bullied, report says
- NFL, NBA and MLB come around to sports betting after realizing it could be a cash cow
- Knicks' Enes Kanter subject of Turkey international arrest warrant request
- Ex-NFL Pro Bowl wide receiver details past relationship with Jeff Bezos' girlfriend Lauren Sanchez
- Miami Dolphins beat writer dismisses Colin Kaepernick, says Satan would be better quarterback
- John Wetteland, former World Series MVP, allegedly forced young relative to perform sex act on him, police say
- Atlanta Falcons player Takkarist McKinley undergoes mental evaluation after hotel 'incident': report
- Austin FC to become Major League Soccer's 27th team in 2021
- Super Bowl LIII planners in Atlanta: This shutdown means ‘uncharted territory’
- Reggie Bush says Clemson’s fast food spread from Trump was ‘disrespectful on so many levels’
- New York Jets' Adam Gase's intense look goes viral during introductory press conference
- Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova offer different reactions to emotional opponents after their matches