Nit-Noi Ricker is an Army brat who grew up on a farm in Winterport. She went to the University of Maine and the University of Northern Texas to learn how to be a journalist and started her career in Arizona at the Williams-Grand Canyon News, where she learned every skill needed to produce a small newspaper and earned the Excellence in Journalism Award in 2001 from the American Society of Civil Engineers. Maine, however, kept calling her name and she and her son, Zak, returned home in 2003. She covered sports for the Belfast Republican Journal for a short time before landing a job at the Bangor Daily News, where for nearly 15 years she covered breaking news, town meetings and the issues people were talking about all over Maine. In that time, she also married a Bangor native and had a second son, Darby, and along with her craft beer-making husband, Cory, started a brewery. Nit-Noi joined the WVII team in February 2018.
You can email her at [email protected].
TRENTON - Around 200 participants from Downeast Horizons were treated to a live presentation Friday at Timber Tina's Great Maine Lumberjack Show.
BANGOR - It's been two years since the body of a Maine woman reportedly involved in dealing drugs was found on the side of the road in Cherryfield.
BANGOR - A local attorney decided to sail from Lubec to Kittery in honor of his friend who died of cancer.
OLD TOWN - One of the state's newest residents was in a rush to arrive and came into this world while his dad drove down the highway.
SOUTHWEST HARBOR - With the death of an elderly woman in a parking lot on MDI Tuesday morning, the state's pedestrian death tallies so far this year already exceed all of last year.
BELFAST - An attorney for accused murderer Sharon Carrillo says he plans to ask the state to drop charges against his client, now that her husband has announced he plans to admit to killing her daughter.
BELFAST - In the wake of the announcement that accused murderer Julio Carrillo has decided to admit to beating his stepdaughter to death, comes another twist in the story that one attorney says demonstrates Carrillo's state of mind.
OLD TOWN - For the second time in less than a week, an incident has occurred at the Nine Dragons Paper mill in town.
BELFAST - One of two people charged in the beating death of a 10-year-old girl living in Stockton Springs last year has decided to admit to the charge of murder.
- Downeast Horizons residents treated to lumberjack show
- Astronomy center marking moon landing's 50th anniversary
- Hospital officials, nurses at odds over contract
- Bangor police investigating window smashings
- Grower: Strawberry crop 'very, very good'
- Tribute to Bangor attorney raises $10,000 to fight cancer
- Humane society offers pet safety tips during heatwave
- Augusta police seeking Quick Mart robber
- Gouldsboro man accused of stealing, burning SUV
- Man arrested after Waldo stabbing
- Guilty verdict in trial of Lewiston man
- Rollover ties up traffic on I-95
- Lincoln Loon Festival returns
- Robbery suspect accused of witness tampering
- Lane closure on Main Street due to construction
- Hudson teen dies in crash
- Nevada girl, 9, dies days after wind blew bounce house into power lines
- Biden joined by son Hunter on campaign trail at California fundraiser
- WATCH: Veteran climbs flag pole, fixes American flag at Navy SEAL monument
- Florida sheriff orders investigation into Jeffrey Epstein's work release program
- Fred Fleitz: Iran’s seizure of two oil tankers was a stupid move – It could boost European support for Trump
- Lawmakers call for Puerto Rico's governor to step down amid widespread protests on island
- Utah city will replace ‘dummy’ cameras at park where Mackenzie Lueck was last seen
- Intruder detained after jumping on wing of Nigeria plane prior to takeoff
- 'The View' co-host awkwardly confuses John Hickenlooper with Jay Inslee during interview
- Ousted Planned Parenthood head says she tried to 'depoliticize' group
- Michelle Obama seemingly swipes at Trump amid 'send her back' controversy
- Dems plot strategy for grilling Mueller ahead of highly-anticipated testimony
- Ex-NSA contractor gets nine years in prison for stealing classified documents
- Drone targets base of Iran-backed militia in northern Iraq
- Apollo 11 astronaut’s punch almost ended in battery charges
- Trump slams Dem support for ‘Squad,’ accuses progressives of trash-talking US
- AOC: Trump can't conceive of an immigration system without torture, hurting 'innocent people'
- Apollo 11: Former officer on recovery ship USS Hornet recalls watching astronauts' 'amazing' return with President Nixon
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Reigning time-trial world champion Rohan Dennis quits Tour de France in midstage
- Massachusetts teens hailed for giving spare Red Sox ticket to homeless man
- Ex-New York Giants offensive lineman Mitch Petrus dies of heat stroke at age 32
- Kansas City Chiefs star Tyreek Hill won't be suspended by NFL over child abuse allegations
- Tiger Woods hints health, 'Father Time', is an issue after first round struggles at The Open: 'Just the way it's going to be'
- Miami Dolphins' Kendrick Norton released from hospital 2 weeks after losing arm in crash
- Man who allegedly stole Super Bowl champion's rings stopped with help from 'Pawn Stars' shop
- Oklahoma City Thunder officials receive threatening voicemail after Paul George trade, police say
- US Open plans to bend rules to make sure they get Coco Gauff
- Ex-UFC fighter Abel 'Killa' Trujillo charged with sexual exploitation of child: reports
- Baker Mayfield's annoying Instagram habit courted future wife
- Baker Mayfield trashes New York Giants fans in defense of Odell Beckham Jr