Shonna Narine joined the ABC7 and FOX22 team in August 2017. Originally from Long Island (although she hides her accent for TV) she's excited to see what Maine has to offer.
She graduated from Five Towns College in Dix Hills Long Island where she anchored for their TV Club, and had her own radio show called "All Access Entertainment."
She won an outstanding achievement award and graduated on the dean's list.
Prior to graduation Shonna interned at News12 Long Island.
Shonna comes from a big family. With three older sisters, her parents, and six nieces and nephews there's never a dull moment when she's around them. When she's not working she enjoys working out, dancing, spending time with her fiance, and planning her wedding! Shonna would love to hear if you have any story ideas. You can email her at [email protected].
ORONO - A University of Maine research team discovers a connection that could help lead to new influenza therapies.
BUCKSPORT - One man is trying to stop the town of Bucksport from placing solar panels over the cemetery of a veteran and his family.
WAYNE -The Maine Warden Service is investigating a fatal snowmobile crash that took place Saturday evening in Wayne.
BAR HARBOR - Soon hundreds will be able to use the ferry service that goes between Bar Harbor and Canada. The Bar Harbor planning board approved the project and construction is well underway at the property.
ROCKPORT - Maine is known for its great outdoors and its fishing, but in the winter months things tend to slow down because of the cold weather. A fishermen's forum in Rockport brought out dozens of vendors to educate people in the industry.
BANGOR - It's not every day students get the opportunity to learn about the business world from business professionals themselves.
- Hey Bangor: Did you handle a bat last weekend?
- Bill would tighten OUI laws
- Hey Bangor: Did you handle a bat last weekend?
- Students get glimpse into criminal justice system
- Police charge man with assaulting infant son
- Preliminary report on Presque Isle plane crash
- Man indicted on child sex charges
- Man sentenced for stealing cruiser in escape attempt
- Cancer patients need drivers
- Skowhegan Maple Festival opens Friday
- TRIO, Gear Up in spotlight at State House
- Bill seeks to raise ambulance reimbursements
- Mayo Regional, Northern Lights merger advancing
- Wood boiler likely cause of farm fire
- OOB murder suspect appears in court
- Downs to be held without bail
- Patriots owner Kraft says ‘I am truly sorry’ in first public comments since prostitution bust
- Will House Democrats continue to investigate Trump once the findings of the Mueller report are released?
- Andrew McCarthy: We need full disclosure of Mueller report and material about his investigation
- Kelly Ripa taunts daughter Lola after she ‘reports’ video of dad Mark Consuelos’ abs
- 'It was very close to an abort': How the nerve-wracking final seconds of the Apollo 11 Moon landing unfolded
- 5,000 nationalists protest corruption in Ukraine
- Rafi Eitan, leader of Israeli spy mission to capture Nazi Adolph Eichmann, dies at 92
- Mexican officials pick up 21 lost migrants south of Texas
- 115 reported dead after attack on central Malian village
- Florida detectives investigate massage parlor murder, seek person of interest
- Mark Morgan says after working for Mueller for 12 years he knows no stone was left unturned in his investigation
- The Latest: 100 people evacuated from cruise ship off Norway
- Former prosecutor says the Mueller report could show evidence of wrong doing even without collusion indictments
- Former congressman says the White House should be celebrating that Mueller has issued no collusion indictments
- Rep. Dan Kildee says nobody should be wishing for bad news to come out of the Mueller report
- Clashes among government-aligned forces in Yemen's kill 6
- White House declares an end to the Islamic State in Syria
- Backlash over Barbra Streisand’s Michael Jackson sexual abuse comments deepens: ‘I feel sick’
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Liberty upset over Mississippi State caps NCAA tourney Day 2 action
- ISU says there’s ‘no evidence’ US skater Mariah Bell ‘intended any harm’ to South Korean opponent
- FSU player Phil Cofer is told after game that his father, ex-NFL linebacker, passed away
- NBA star Kevin Durant’s ‘adopted brother,’ 32, shot, killed outside Atlanta-area nightclub
- Wofford's Fletcher Magee sets 3-pointer mark as Terriers top Seton Hall
- NFL paid under $10M to settle Colin Kaepernick grievance
- US figure skater Mariah Bell accused of purposely cutting South Korean opponent at world championships
- Boston Red Sox minor league affiliate plans to 'celebrate' Alex Rodriguez, Jennifer Lopez engagement
- Ichiro Suzuki gets standing ovation as he walks off baseball field for the final time
- Australian rules football star likens photo comments to 'sexual abuse'
- UCLA student never played for soccer club listed on her Bruins' athletic profile, official says
- Trump goalie mask made for youth hockey player draws criticism