Sports Reporter/Weekend Anchor
Andrew Badillo joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 sports team in August 2017.
Before ABC 7 and FOX 22, Andrew graduated from Quinnipiac University with a degree in broadcast journalism. At Quinnipiac, Andrew was a member of the school's student-run television station, Q30 Television, where he served as its general manager, vice president, sports anchor and reporter. He gained experience covering Quinnipiac Athletics and was recognized by the Society of Professional Journalists and College Media Association for his work.
In addition to his experience at Q30, Andrew also gained professional experience at MLB Network and News 12 Connecticut.
Originally from Orangeburg, New York, Andrew is excited to get his career started in Bangor. He is especially eager to get to know the great local sports community in the North Region.
Andrew can be contacted at [email protected] or on Twitter @andrewbadillo99.
BREWER - Bangor West 9-11 year old all-stars beat Brewer, Glenburn and Orrington 5-0 Saturday to advance to the state tournament.
Bangor's Chase Caron and Lucas Rutherford combined for the shutout.
"This is my third all-star season and its just thrilling to come out of the losers bracket, beat this team twice. They're the team that knocked us into the losers bracket," Caron said.
"It was mind blowing. I didn't know our team could do that, i'm just so happy that we got to go to states," Rutherford said.
OLD TOWN - High school hockey participation numbers have been down for quite some time. It's forced rival high schools in Old Town and Orono to join forces.
LEWISTON - Another big fight has been announced for NEF 35 this September, one that will will be quite the slugfest.
ORONO - The teeth of Maine women's hockey's conference schedule came early in the season last year, that will again be the case this season.
ORONO - Fundraising is crucial in college sports. UMaine women's basketball is hosting one of its biggest fund raising events Sunday, with a Maine twist.
BELGRADE - After 11 holes of the Maine Amateur Championship final round it looked as if Jack Wyman would cruise to his second straight title.
PORTLAND - New England Fights returns to Bangor this September and there is a bout that will be of pretty big significance to this area.
- Hampden murder suspect to make initial court appearance
- Road work to reduce Haskell Road to single lane
- Road work on Monday to cause delays on Fern Street
- Police ask the public for help in search for missing man
- Flea market opens at Bangor Drive-In
- New upgrades to the Millinocket library
- Fire tears through Corinth home
- Two men arrested for selling meth
- Katahdin Gear Hub opens
- UPDATE - Hampden Homicide: Officials said victim died as a result of multiple gunshot wounds
- Woman dies in Palmyra crash
- BREAKING: Hampden man charged with murder of woman
- Egg Festival, Kiwanis carnival underway in Pittsfield
- Border agents nab Mexican man who entered US illegally in Calais
- New York man gets 30-year sentence for role in murder of Augusta man
- Road work on Farm Road may result in traffic delays
- Fire destroys seasonal cabin in Otis
- Self magazine features plus-size model Tess Holliday on first digital cover
- British diver doesn't rule out legal action against Musk over tweets
- Anthony Bourdain slams Clintons, Weinstein in last interview
- New York Times offends with 'homophobic' cartoon depicting Trump, Putin as lovers
- Obama praises Kenya's political reconciliation
- How the woman who identified Hitler's dental remains ended up in prison
- Marine vet crossing country to honor late brother, raise awareness of PTSD
- Marine veteran makes second trek across US to raise awareness for PTSD
- Judge: Jewish heritage can be basis for race discrimination
- Tens of thousands give heroes' welcome to Croatia team
- Familiar foes battle for Alabama GOP nomination
- Ryanair ‘downplaying’ emergency landing that sent dozens to hospital after 'nightmare' flight, passenger says
- Twitter boots Guccifer 2.0 and DCLeaks after Mueller indictment
- Are Democrats out of touch with 'abolish ICE'?
- Mercury's crust might be thinner than anyone thought
- Robert Wolders, 'Laredo' star and longtime Audrey Hepburn companion, dead at 81
- Operation Homefront helps expectant military mothers
- Liberal filmmaker Rob Reiner's 'Shock and Awe' disappoints at box office with dismal opening weekend
- Paris Jackson Says She Came Out When She Was 14 In A Flurry Of Tweets
- Alexis Ohanian Writes An Emotional Tribute To His Wife Serena Williams After Wimbledon Loss: 'She'll Win Many More Trophies'
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend Hilariously Create Their Own 'Below Deck' Video
- Prince Louis Has A Big Beaming Smile As He's Carried By Mom Kate Middleton In New Official Christening Portrait
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Release Official Photos From Prince Louis' Christening Day
- Celebs React To France's World Cup 2018 Win
- 'The Bachelor's' Arie Luyendky Jr. & Lauren Burnham Share Engagement Pics
- 'Hotel Transylvania 3' Tops Box Office
- Demi Moore Makes Surprise Appearance At Comedy Central Roast Of Ex-Husband Bruce Willis
- Kate Midleton & Prince William Attend Wimbledon Men's Singles Final
- Justin Bieber Shares Steamy Hot Tub Snap Of Him & Fiancée Hailey Baldwin
- Yvette Nicole Brown Is Interim Guest Host Of 'The Walking Dead' Special, 'Talking Dead'
- LeSean 'Shady' McCoy's ex-girlfriend now uncertain about NFL star's alleged involvement in home invasion
- Serena Williams climbs 153 stops to No. 28 in WTA ranking
- Former NHL goalie Ray Emery drowns at age 35
- Pussy Riot activists storm field during World Cup match
- Manny Pacquiao wins 60th career fight with seventh-round knockout
- Youthful France to face veteran-laden Croatia for World Cup title
- Papa John's name removed from Louisville stadium following n-word controversy
- Kellen Winslow Jr., ex-NFL player, charged in 2003 rape of teen
- FIFA wants fewer TV shots of 'hot' female fans in bid to tackle sexism in soccer
- Cristiano Ronaldo deal with Juventus has Fiat workers planning strike
- In 911 call, woman claims home invasion may have 'something to do' with NFL player LeSean McCoy
- LeSean 'Shady' McCoy's reported attorney has history of high-profile cases