Kayla joined the ABC 7 & FOX 22 news team in May of 2017. She got into journalism because she loves talking with people, and she's incredibly grateful to share the stories of Mainers throughout the region.
She got her start in broadcasting way back in middle school as a member of a morning announcements TV broadcast club, and her love for the news industry took off from there.
Kayla graduated from Penn State University in 2017 with degrees in broadcast journalism and Spanish. During her time as a student at Penn State, Kayla was an executive producer and reporter for the "Centre County Report", an Emmy award-winning student-run newscast. She studied abroad in Ronda, Spain and traveled to Panama with an international reporting class. Kayla kept busy in college, spending four years working as a student manager in the dining hall.
Kayla grew up in the village of Shawnee-on-Delaware, located in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania, so transitioning into life in Vacationland was a piece of cake! A self-described winter fanatic, she loves all things snow related, including hitting the slopes on her snowboard. She also likes hiking, kayaking or doing anything outdoors. She loves meeting new people so if you see her around, be sure to stop and say hi!
STATEWIDE - Maybe one of your New Year's resolutions is to travel to new and interesting places, like China, Peru or Rome.
Well, you can do just that - without ever leaving the state.
BANGOR - Senator Susan Collins took to Twitter on Monday to weigh in on the impact of the ongoing government shutdown on Maine residents.
BANGOR - It's a shutdown with no apparent end in sight.
Friday, President Trump alluded the partial government shutdown may last for months - even years - something Senator Susan Collins says would be catastrophic.
SKOWHEGAN - Skowhegan Police are looking for a man who they consider "armed and dangerous," after they say he stabbed another man on New Year's Day.
More than a month after Election Day, Bruce Poliquin's legal fight against ranked choice voting seems to be over.
- One man killed in Buckfield head-on accident
- New partnership looks to help small businesses
- Fire destroys Eastbrook home
- New EZ Mart opens in Hermon
- Dysart's now has AEDs
- Lawmaker wants to change referendum process
- Hallowell woman drives car through garage
- List of accused former priests includes 7 who taught in Maine
- Westbrook river ice disk goes viral
- Children's Caucus recommends investing in early learning
- Vigil honors Martin Luther King and his message
- Darling's receives award for work with The Courageous Steps Project
- Holden police to host "Warm Up Wednesday"
- Free YMCA memberships for employees affected by shutdown
- Accused dog killer may face additional jail time
- Fox News @ Night – Wednesday, January 16
- Hannity – Wednesday, January 16
- 8 things you didn't know about Candace Cameron Bure
- Renting your home? Here's 7 things a traveler never want to see
- Joey Fatone says there’s no *NSYNC reunion being planned but ‘never say never’
- FBI records, emails, Social Security numbers exposed in massive data leak, security experts say
- The Ingraham Angle – Wednesday, January 16
- Ocasio-Cortez's latest role on Capitol Hill: Twitter tutor for House Democrats
- John Stossel: Government shutdown lessons -- We could take a chainsaw to so much of government
- Dan Bongino: Hey, Rep. Ocasio-Cortez, show us how it's done and donate 70 percent of your income to the government
- Tammy Bruce: It's time to stand up and stop this pathological frenzy to marginalize boys and men
- March for Life -- Here's why I (still) march
- Jason Chaffetz: The Senate should vote to open the government, fund the wall and force Dems to vote 'nay'
- In latest reversal, Gillibrand now supports letting illegal immigrants get driver's licenses
- Tucker Carlson Tonight – Wednesday, January 16
- 'So much stupidity' surrounding battle over border wall: Jonah Goldberg
- Dispute at IHOP restaurant in Alabama leads to 2 shooting deaths, 1 injury, police say
- Raleigh cop, now fighting for his life, was shot multiple times at close range, report says
- What Is A Puja Ceremony? Inside Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas' Pre-Wedding Ritual
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Ex-NFLer Richie Incognito went into hiding after online 'threat' by teammate he allegedly bullied, report says
- NFL, NBA and MLB come around to sports betting after realizing it could be a cash cow
- Knicks' Enes Kanter subject of Turkey international arrest warrant request
- Ex-NFL Pro Bowl wide receiver details past relationship with Jeff Bezos' girlfriend Lauren Sanchez
- Miami Dolphins beat writer dismisses Colin Kaepernick, says Satan would be better quarterback
- John Wetteland, former World Series MVP, allegedly forced young relative to perform sex act on him, police say
- Atlanta Falcons player Takkarist McKinley undergoes mental evaluation after hotel 'incident': report
- Austin FC to become Major League Soccer's 27th team in 2021
- Super Bowl LIII planners in Atlanta: This shutdown means ‘uncharted territory’
- Reggie Bush says Clemson’s fast food spread from Trump was ‘disrespectful on so many levels’
- New York Jets' Adam Gase's intense look goes viral during introductory press conference
- Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova offer different reactions to emotional opponents after their matches