Kayla joined the ABC 7 & FOX 22 news team in May of 2017. She got into journalism because she loves talking with people, and she's incredibly grateful to share the stories of Mainers throughout the region.
She got her start in broadcasting way back in middle school as a member of a morning announcements TV broadcast club, and her love for the news industry took off from there.
Kayla graduated from Penn State University in 2017 with degrees in broadcast journalism and Spanish. During her time as a student at Penn State, Kayla was an executive producer and reporter for the "Centre County Report", an Emmy award-winning student-run newscast. She studied abroad in Ronda, Spain and traveled to Panama with an international reporting class. Kayla kept busy in college, spending four years working as a student manager in the dining hall.
Kayla grew up in the village of Shawnee-on-Delaware, located in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania, so transitioning into life in Vacationland was a piece of cake! A self-described winter fanatic, she loves all things snow related, including hitting the slopes on her snowboard. She also likes hiking, kayaking or doing anything outdoors. She loves meeting new people so if you see her around, be sure to stop and say hi!
STATEWIDE - Part I of Chain Reaction showed how genealogy databases can bring police one step closer to solving cold cases.
But how exactly can law enforcement use these tools, and if you've taken a DNA test, should you be concerned about your privacy?
STATEWIDE - It's a new avenue for law enforcement. Over the past few years, investigators across the country have begun consulting genealogy databases to help identify suspects in criminal cases.
BENTON - State police are releasing more information about an attempted break-in turned drug bust in Benton.
BELFAST - Multiple crews were called to battle a fire at a potato factory building in Belfast Thursday evening.
GOULDSBORO - A Gouldsboro man is facing multiple charges after authorities say he repeatedly rammed his truck into a police cruiser when an officer tried to pull him over.
- Memorial Day parades, observances around the region
- Road work affecting Main Street traffic
- Woman killed, man hurt in early morning ATV crash
- Maine Coast Hospital offering Tuesday vaccine class, shots
- Attorney: Trial begins Tuesday in Bar Harbor teen's death
- Walkers, runners brave rain for Courageous Steps
- Bangor food truck fest draws 3,000 foodies
- Brick Church raises funds to clothe, feed needy
- Mainers weigh in on bicentennial flag design
- Baileyville women facing drug charges
- Alabama lawmaker seeks to censure Democrat for comments about abortion, Trump Jr.
- Inmate acquitted of guard's slaying in Delaware prison riot
- VA Sec. Wilkie: We've 'changed out leadership' at VA centers, proposed largest budget
- Assange indicted on 18 counts, accused of coordinating with Manning to leak classified national-security docs
- Trump signing memorandum requiring immigrant sponsors to pay for social services
- USDA staffers quit en masse as Trump administration eyes moving offices out of DC
- Fox Nation announces new shows hosted by Tyrus, Kat Timpf, Tammy Bruce and Lawrence Jones
- 5 indicted in Wisconsin accused of forced immigrant labor
- Camps harden vaccine rules amid US measles outbreak
- Police search for driver suspected in Utah highway killing
- Prosecutor to decide if police who shot kids can be charged
- NTSB: Plane veered back and forth before stopping in river
- The Latest: Memorial held for Texas woman shot by officer
- Ex-Ohio State coach pleads guilty in sexual battery case
- Prisoner charged in cellmate's death has killed twice before
- NYU commencement speaker calls for a boycott of Israel, says Trump is a 'fascist'
- As nuclear weapons risk escalates, debate grows about 'vintage' US arsenal
- Woman who helped put away serial killer awaits his execution
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- The Lonely Island releases satire film spoofing Mark McGwire, Jose Canseco
- NFL star's distant family members accuse player of making threats as man faces extortion charges
- Fab Five could reunite thanks to Michigan's hiring of Juwan Howard, Jalen Rose says
- US soccer star Alex Morgan plans to decline any White House invite after World Cup
- Los Angeles Dodgers' Rich Hill launches into profane tirade after bunt single during shift
- Pittsburgh Pirates' Josh Bell becomes first player to hit two homers directly into Allegheny River
- NCAA Division III school being booted from conference over athletic dominance
- Dennis Rodman accused of slapping man at Florida bar: report
- Drake's sideline antics draw ire of Milwaukee Bucks coach, rapper responds to criticism
- Russian weightlifter suffers gruesome injury trying to squat more than 500 pounds
- Ex-MLB slugger Josh Hamilton reveals conversation with God led him to retirement
- Kenya's Olympic track coach banned 10 years for corruption