JR Mitchell joined the news team in September of 2015 following a lengthy career in radio, most recently having spent 13 years as the morning show host for Q-106.5 in Bangor. JR has also worked at stations in Millinocket, Houlton and Ellsworth as well.
JR was born in Machias and attended school in the town of Millinocket. He was very involved in politics, music and athletics, and that drove his desire to go into broadcasting. Graduating from the New England School of Broadcasting in 1986. JR is a two-time Country Music Association nominee for Small Market Personality of the Year, and also by the Academy of Country Music for the same award.
JR is a Master Mason at Mystic Lodge #65 in Hampden and is the Chaplain of Anah Shriners in Bangor, as well as being in many of the clubs involved with Anah Shriners, and is a huge supporter of the Pine Tree Camp for Children and Adults with Disabilities.
JR enjoys attending sporting events, live concerts, and telling the stories of the people in Eastern, Central and Northern Maine.
BANGOR - High school graduation is around the corner, and most grads have plans for what's next. For those that don't, Penobscot Job Corps might be just what you need.
BANGOR - Visiting the Shrine Circus this weekend, or attending a parade over the summer, you'll see Anah Shriners having a good time.
But many don't realize what this group of fez-wearing Shriners do as members of one of the world's great philanthropic organizations.
BANGOR - A mother who lost her daughter to childhood cancer, and a wrestler with a big heart come together to fight childhood cancer
BANGOR - The Challenger Learning Center in Bangor is always a busy place during school vacations, and this week was no different.
BANGOR - The Bangor Police Department is warning residents and business owners about counterfeit bills that have been found in the area.
ACADIA NATIONAL PARK - The continuing snow fall, and heavy ice pack are causing some delays at Acadia National Park.
- Memorial Day parades, observances around the region
- Road work affecting Main Street traffic
- Woman killed, man hurt in early morning ATV crash
- Maine Coast Hospital offering Tuesday vaccine class, shots
- Attorney: Trial begins Tuesday in Bar Harbor teen's death
- Walkers, runners brave rain for Courageous Steps
- Bangor food truck fest draws 3,000 foodies
- Brick Church raises funds to clothe, feed needy
- Mainers weigh in on bicentennial flag design
- Baileyville women facing drug charges
- Alabama lawmaker seeks to censure Democrat for comments about abortion, Trump Jr.
- Inmate acquitted of guard's slaying in Delaware prison riot
- VA Sec. Wilkie: We've 'changed out leadership' at VA centers, proposed largest budget
- Assange indicted on 18 counts, accused of coordinating with Manning to leak classified national-security docs
- Trump signing memorandum requiring immigrant sponsors to pay for social services
- USDA staffers quit en masse as Trump administration eyes moving offices out of DC
- Fox Nation announces new shows hosted by Tyrus, Kat Timpf, Tammy Bruce and Lawrence Jones
- 5 indicted in Wisconsin accused of forced immigrant labor
- Camps harden vaccine rules amid US measles outbreak
- Police search for driver suspected in Utah highway killing
- Prosecutor to decide if police who shot kids can be charged
- NTSB: Plane veered back and forth before stopping in river
- The Latest: Memorial held for Texas woman shot by officer
- Ex-Ohio State coach pleads guilty in sexual battery case
- Prisoner charged in cellmate's death has killed twice before
- NYU commencement speaker calls for a boycott of Israel, says Trump is a 'fascist'
- As nuclear weapons risk escalates, debate grows about 'vintage' US arsenal
- Woman who helped put away serial killer awaits his execution
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- The Lonely Island releases satire film spoofing Mark McGwire, Jose Canseco
- NFL star's distant family members accuse player of making threats as man faces extortion charges
- Fab Five could reunite thanks to Michigan's hiring of Juwan Howard, Jalen Rose says
- US soccer star Alex Morgan plans to decline any White House invite after World Cup
- Los Angeles Dodgers' Rich Hill launches into profane tirade after bunt single during shift
- Pittsburgh Pirates' Josh Bell becomes first player to hit two homers directly into Allegheny River
- NCAA Division III school being booted from conference over athletic dominance
- Dennis Rodman accused of slapping man at Florida bar: report
- Drake's sideline antics draw ire of Milwaukee Bucks coach, rapper responds to criticism
- Russian weightlifter suffers gruesome injury trying to squat more than 500 pounds
- Ex-MLB slugger Josh Hamilton reveals conversation with God led him to retirement
- Kenya's Olympic track coach banned 10 years for corruption