JR Mitchell joined the news team in September of 2015 following a lengthy career in radio, most recently having spent 13 years as the morning show host for Q-106.5 in Bangor. JR has also worked at stations in Millinocket, Houlton and Ellsworth as well.
JR was born in Machias and attended school in the town of Millinocket. He was very involved in politics, music and athletics, and that drove his desire to go into broadcasting. Graduating from the New England School of Broadcasting in 1986. JR is a two-time Country Music Association nominee for Small Market Personality of the Year, and also by the Academy of Country Music for the same award.
JR is a Master Mason at Mystic Lodge #65 in Hampden and is the Chaplain of Anah Shriners in Bangor, as well as being in many of the clubs involved with Anah Shriners, and is a huge supporter of the Pine Tree Camp for Children and Adults with Disabilities.
JR enjoys attending sporting events, live concerts, and telling the stories of the people in Eastern, Central and Northern Maine.
BANGOR -The organization PETA is trying to stop travelers from enjoying a Maine favorite with some new ads.
BANGOR - Most people, including Santa Claus himself, makes a list and checks it twice, but this is one purchase that not many consider during the winter months.
BANGOR - The holidays are here! A time to be with family and friends, and usually at the center of many gatherings...FOOD!
This year the folks at Verizon have new high tech gadgets to help you in the kitchen...well, everything except the stove!
BREWER - For candidates and voters alike, the moments after the polls closed were a bit different than in years past.
If election officials need to begin using the ranked choice system, it could be a while before we know the clear results of this election.
- Raid yields arrest, heroin seizure
- Bangor church hosting law enforcement dinner
- Bill aims to require reflectors on wagons
- Indigenous Peoples' Day step closer to becoming statewide
- Ranked-choice voting up for debate again
- Schools facing shortage of substitutes
- Panel takes up outdoor seating fees
- Man charged with strangling girlfriend
- Man charged with murdering roommate
- Police identify 2 killed in alleged murder-suicide in Gardiner
- House approves proposal to change Columbus Day to Indigenous Peoples' Day
- Gov. Mills signs law to protect health care coverage
- St. Albans man struck, killed by own truck on I-95 in Mass.
- Police investigating suspected murder-suicide in Gardiner
- Etna fire leaves man without home
- Fire destroys Thomas Farms' barn
- Man who caused fatal crash back in court
- Woman charged with manslaughter in boy's hot-vehicle death
- Tennessee Democratic Party chairwoman apologizes for calling state ‘racist’
- Albania opposition holds new rally, calls for early election
- Hundreds of illegal immigrants released into US amid overcrowding at detention facilities
- Citigroup to sell more than $1B in Venezuelan gold in blow to Maduro regime, reports say
- Luke Perry contemplated giving up Hollywood before finding fame in ‘90210,’ former agent claims in doc
- Cash-strapped R. Kelly seeks judge’s permission to fly to Dubai for concerts
- Dem Hickenlooper's tale of taking his mom to see 'Deep Throat' has town hall audience roaring
- Pakistan sentences 2 men to life terms in 2017 student death
- The Ingraham Angle – Wednesday, March 20
- Tucker Carlson Tonight – Wednesday, March 20
- Jordanian king vows to protect Jerusalem holy sites
- The Story w/ Martha MacCallum – Wednesday, March 20
- Slain Washington state deputy ID’d, mourned by community as 'one of our finest'
- Palestinian official: Israel kill unarmed man in West Bank
- South Korea police accuse 4 of secretly filming hotel guests
- Taiwan leader tours Pacific allies, with Hawaii stopover
- Pompeo heads to Lebanon, where Hezbollah is at peak strength
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- UC Berkeley student accuses football players, coaches of sexual harassment in Facebook post
- Peyton Manning and ESPN reportedly meet to discuss ‘Monday Night Football’ job
- UCLA student had no business playing for top soccer program: report
- Nevada men's basketball stars credit their mother with getting them this far: 'That's why we are who we are'
- New Jersey wrestling referee who made competitor cut dreadlocks alleges defamation, emotional distress
- Marlins CEO Derek Jeter's rocky relationship with Giancarlo Stanton led to threat, trade to Yankees: book
- Team USA caps off win at Special Olympics World Games with incredible buzzer-beater
- NCAA men's basketball tournament features highly touted NBA Draft prospects
- GRAPHIC VIDEO: Brother of WWE legend Kurt Angle arrested for allegedly tossing child by neck
- San Francisco Giants CEO won't face charges for altercation with wife caught on video, authorities say
- SF Giants CEO won't face charges for altercation with wife caught on video, authorities say
- Ex-Auburn assistant Chuck Person pleads guilty in college basketball bribery scandal