Healthy Acadia to Offer Recovery Coach Training
Contact: Denise Black, Healthy Acadia email@example.com or 667-7171
Ellsworth. Healthy Acadia is excited to offer a Connecticut Community for Addiction (CCAR) Recovery Coach Training on April 24-27, 2018. The 30-hour CCAR Recovery Coach Training program will be offered as a four-day course at the Ramada Inn, 215 High Street, Ellsworth, Maine. Classes will meet from 8:30am to 4:30pm each day. Participants will also be expected to complete an additional 2 hours of independent study daily fulfill the requirements of the training program.
Recovery coaches are individuals who may be in recovery, a friend or family member of someone in recovery, or a recovery ally. The CCAR Recovery Coach training program provides participants with the knowledge, skills and supports necessary to effectively and compassionately guide and mentor others through their own recovery process.
Participants will learn to:
Describe the roles and functions of a recovery coach,List the components, core values & guiding principles of recovery,Build skills to embrace relationships,Explore the many complex dimensions of recovery & recovery coaching,Discover attitudes about self-disclosure & sharing your story,Understand the stages of recovery,Explore ethical and boundary issues and concerns,Experience recovery wellness planning, and more!
For more information about recovery coaching and the CCAR model visit www.ccar.us.
Registration and payment are required in advance. This course is primarily offered to residents of Hancock and Washington counties, with a tuition fee of $100. The course fee includes the workbook and a light breakfast every day. If you are interested in attending and are from outside Hancock and Washington counties, and/or are interested in hosting a similar training in your community, please call for more information. 30 CEU’s are available for full course completion. A limited number of financial scholarships are available upon request, and we encourage you to call for more details.
- Fire destroys family home
- Teen driver, adult passenger escape injury in northern Maine crash
- Litchfield man dies in dirt bike crash
- Juvenile safe after crashing stolen car into Holden police cruiser
- Green party convention held in Augusta Sunday
- Man dies in house fire
- Blood Mary competition
- Truck driving competition
- Mexico woman found
- Man charged after explosives found, homes evacuated
- 51 bicycles sold in annual auction
- Fire destroys a Bangor business
- Stonington fisherman killed in commercial boating accident
- Criminal justice academy graduates 69 new Maine recruits
- New ferry rates take effect Monday
- Police crack down on serial toll evader
- Mueller's questions for Trump leaked to NYT, in latest unexplained disclosure from Russia probe
- New controversial idea about Stonehenge has archaeologists shaking their heads
- Pompeo lays out comprehensive strategy for Iran
- Voters head to the polls in Georgia, Arkansas and Kentucky
- Manhunt continues for suspects in killing of Baltimore police officer
- ‘Mayor Libby Schaaf Act’ would imprison gov’t officials who warn about ICE raids
- Another 'informant' attempted to infiltrate Trump campaign under Obama, campaign aide says
- New McDonald's jingle created by same guy who wrote 'Buy the World a Coke'
- Fox News @ Night - Monday, May 21
- Texas governor cancels shotgun giveaway after Santa Fe school shooting
- The Ingraham Angle - Monday, May 21
- Texas jail inmate gives birth in cell after she claims officers ignored cries for help
- Cal Thomas: Who's afraid of cutting a mere $15 billion from the federal budget? Republicans, apparently
- Another California city rebels against state's pro-illegal immigration 'sanctuary city' policies
- Investigating the investigators: Why the Trump probes are now a morass
- Dear Republicans: To end Senate Democrats' obstruction, make them talk, make them work, make them vote
- What Planned Parenthood could learn from me: Being a teenage mom was hard, but it sure didn’t ruin my life
- US sends powerful warship to Japan amid looming Trump-Kim summit
- Patrick J. Adams Admits He Made A Mistake Over Calling Out Body-Shamer: 'I'm Sorry, But I'm No Bully'
- A Media Watchdog Group Calls For Netflix To Remove '13 Reasons Why'
- Prince Harry's Cousin Is Now The Royal Family's Hottest Bachelor
- Adam Lambert Fanboys Over Kelly Clarkson, Hails Her As 'THE American Idol'
- Alec & Hilaria Baldwin Share New Photo Of Newborn Son Romeo
- Netflix Reveals Barack & Michelle Obama Will Produce New Films & Series
- Normani & Camila Cabello Adorably Reunite Backstage At The 2018 Billboard Music Awards
- Rick Hoffman Says Royal Wedding Confirmed That Patrick J. Adams Will Always Be Family Despite 'Suits' Exit
- BTS' 'Fake Love' Music Video Scores Biggest 24-Hour Debut Of 2018 With A Staggering 35.9 Million Views
- Prince George Steals The Show In Meghan Markle & Prince Harry's Official Wedding Photos
- Prince Harry & Meghan Markle's Official Royal Wedding Portraits: See The Stunning Photos
- 2018 Billboard Music Awards: Full List Of Winners
- WNBA slams Trump administration's latest 'attack' on women's health care
- Brett Favre reveals Vicodin addiction, multiple rehab stints during Hall of Fame career
- Olympian Ariana Kukors Smith sues USA Swimming alleging sexual abuse cover-up
- NFL won't discipline Lions head coach Matt Patricia over 1996 sex assault allegation
- Sports radio host accuses Miami Marlins of denying press credentials over story
- Cardinals' pitcher hits 105 mph twice on radar gun
- Boxer Badou Jack accidentally punches referee during title fight
- Mets pitcher finally unblocks long-blocked fan on Twitter -- but with stern warning
- Houston Astros' manager wants answers, not more condolences, for victims of Texas shooting
- Baffert, Justify hope to shine at potentially wet Preakness
- J.J. Watt to pay for funerals of Texas high school shooting victims
- After Santa Fe shooting, NFL star JJ Watt offers to pay for funerals