Healthy Acadia to Offer Recovery Coach Training
Contact: Denise Black, Healthy Acadia [email protected] or 667-7171
Ellsworth. Healthy Acadia is excited to offer a Connecticut Community for Addiction (CCAR) Recovery Coach Training on April 24-27, 2018. The 30-hour CCAR Recovery Coach Training program will be offered as a four-day course at the Ramada Inn, 215 High Street, Ellsworth, Maine. Classes will meet from 8:30am to 4:30pm each day. Participants will also be expected to complete an additional 2 hours of independent study daily fulfill the requirements of the training program.
Recovery coaches are individuals who may be in recovery, a friend or family member of someone in recovery, or a recovery ally. The CCAR Recovery Coach training program provides participants with the knowledge, skills and supports necessary to effectively and compassionately guide and mentor others through their own recovery process.
Participants will learn to:
Describe the roles and functions of a recovery coach,List the components, core values & guiding principles of recovery,Build skills to embrace relationships,Explore the many complex dimensions of recovery & recovery coaching,Discover attitudes about self-disclosure & sharing your story,Understand the stages of recovery,Explore ethical and boundary issues and concerns,Experience recovery wellness planning, and more!
For more information about recovery coaching and the CCAR model visit www.ccar.us.
Registration and payment are required in advance. This course is primarily offered to residents of Hancock and Washington counties, with a tuition fee of $100. The course fee includes the workbook and a light breakfast every day. If you are interested in attending and are from outside Hancock and Washington counties, and/or are interested in hosting a similar training in your community, please call for more information. 30 CEU’s are available for full course completion. A limited number of financial scholarships are available upon request, and we encourage you to call for more details.
- 11th annual Belfast Harborfest wraps up
- Man okay after falling asleep at wheel
- Man arrested after leading police on chase
- Shots fired after teen ends up in wrong home seeking party
- Man in serious condition after being thrown off his motorcycle
- Concrete truck rollover results in traffic delays but no injury
- Augusta animal shelter slashing adoption fees on Saturday
- Suspect in Cherryfield murder expected to be returned to Maine
- Penquis aims to donate 1,500 school supply filled backpacks
- Downeast Community Partners gathering school supplies for children in need
- State flags in Penobscot County to be flown at half mast in honor of longtime commissioner
- Driver, passenger hurt in Hancock ATV crash
- Democrat who resigned after masturbation allegation may be planning political comeback: report
- Ohio man steals police cruiser, leads cops on wild chase
- Mexican poppy producing state pushes to decriminalize opium
- Amid gun violence crisis, all 5 Chicago pro sports teams funding therapy, mentoring program for at-risk youth
- Spirit Airlines passenger convicted of sexually assaulting 22-year-old woman on flight
- Dennis Rodman crashes Pearl Jam's Chicago concert to talk politics
- Father, son speed through 'hell' to escape Montana wildfire
- Kentucky youth group kept off American Airlines flight over check-in delay
- Dan Gainor: Summertime and the media are embarrassing -- from hating America to loving Antifa
- Fox News Sunday - Sunday, August 19
- WH Budget Director Mick Mulvaney: Trump 'fundamentally changing the way we create wealth in this country'
- Stolen artifacts: European museums may loan back works from former colonies
- Pakistan's PM pledges austerity, end corruption, terrorism
- Catholics consider withholding donations amid scandals
- 12-foot alligator caught first day of hunting season
- Pence to travel to Houston to discuss Space Force with NASA
- Clergy sex abuse has cost Catholic Church $3 billion in settlements
- State fairs serve as unique opportunity for farmers to talk tariffs
- Michael Bublé Says Son Noah's Cancer Diagnosis Brought He & His Wife Closer Together
- Vanessa Hudgens Calls Austin Butler Her Best Friend & Love As She Celebrates His Birthday
- Neil Patrick Harris' Dad Undergoes Spinal Surgery & Shares An Emotional Message
- 'Britain's Got Talent' Finalist Simonne Kerr Found Stabbed To Death At 31
- Former 'Good Morning America' Weatherman Sam Champion Is Serving Up A Sexy Summer!
- Kevin Hart Wishes His Stunning Wife Eniko A Happy Birthday: 'You Only Get Better With Time'
- Mariah Carey Loses It When She Sees A Shark Swimming Next To Her Yacht
- Kelly Ripa Claps Back At Claims She's Had A Nose Job: 'Same Nose'
- Nick Jonas Calls Priyanka Chopra The 'Future Mrs. Jonas' In Stunning Engagement Photo
- Robin Thicke Sings Aretha Franklin's 'Respect' To His 5-Month-Old Daughter Mia
- Jessica Biel Dazzles In A Beautiful Yellow Gown That Shows Off Her Legs
- Victoria Beckham Takes Kids Harper, Romeo, Cruz and Brooklyn To School In Sumba For Inspirational Day
- Tackle this: NFL players benefit from regular yoga practice
- IndyCar racer Robert Wickens' frightening crash halts Pocono race
- 'Tiger Factor' looms large over PGA's first playoff event
- 'So much blood' after angry golfer's club flies into crowd
- Ex-Ohio State coach Zach Smith took lewd photos at White House, ordered numerous erotic toys: report
- Spain's top soccer league set to play regular-season matches in the US
- J.J. Redick claims he saw caged woman in back of NYC livery cab
- John Elway says Colin Kaepernick 'had his chance to be' a Bronco but turned it down
- Olympic gymnasts Madison Kocian and Kyla Ross say Larry Nassar abused them
- Keith Hernandez slammed for defending Marlins pitcher for plunking Braves star Ronald Acuna Jr.
- Aretha Franklin remembered across sports world
- Serena Williams reveals why she suffered historic first-round loss