MEOC Essentials of College Planning Workshops
The Maine Educational Opportunity Center will be hosting FREE workshops entitled
Essentials of College Planning for adults 19 & over at the following times and locations:
To register or for more information, call 1-800-281-3703 or visit us on the web at
Bangor Adult Learning Ctr, 121 York Street, on Wednesday, March 7 at 1 p.m.
Who We Are MEOC is funded entirely by the U.S. Department of Education. The program helps qualified
adults make the transition towards a college education. MEOC, which is housed at the University of Maine,
provides assistance to adults living in Maine and helps them go to whichever college or university they
All MEOC services are FREE!* GED/SAT Preparation
* College Planning
* Career Advising
* Financial Aid Advising
* College Admissions Process
*Application Fee Waivers for Qualified Adults
Our Work in Action
MEOC successfully placed 1,073 Maine adults in different colleges last year.
How to Participate
The starting point for all MEOC participants is The Essentials of College Planning, a FREE interactive
workshop that outlines the four steps in the college process: admissions, financial aid, career planning, and study
skills. The workshop lasts approximately 2 – 3 hours. Pre-registration is required.
All workshops are subject to change. For more information or to register call: 1-800-281-370
In complying with letter and spirit of applicable laws and in pursuing its own goals of diversity, the University of Maine System shall not
discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, including transgender status or gender expression, national
origin or citizenship status, age, disability, or veterans status in employment, education, and all other areas of the University. The
University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Questions and complaints about discrimination in any area of the University should be directed to the Director of Equal Opportunity, the
University of Maine, 5754 North Stevens Hall, Room 101, Orono, ME 04469-5754, telephone (207) 581-1226, TTY (207) 581-9484.
- New businesses coming to former Town Auto property
- New housing, businesses coming to Ellsworth
- Native American veterans to be honored on Thursday
- Lewiston police investigating report of shots being fired
- Bangor Public Library benefits from friends' group book sale
- Standish home heavily damaged in fire
- Freeport Independent launches Maine gubernatorial campaign
- Maine delegation takes aim at China's lobster tarriffs
- State's response to discovery of invasive asian insect focus of northern Maine meeting
- Rainbow Run 5K kicks off Bangor Pride week
- Father's Day run in Bangor honors Maine's fallen heroes
- Senator Susan Collins interview with CBS's "Face the Nation"
- Shots fired in Lewiston
- Police officers teaching kids about traffic safety
- Best of the North Festival
- American Legion parade
- ESPN warning its outspoken broadcasters following 'Roseanne' controversy at ABC
- DHS head Nielsen says immigration crisis 'is not new,' product of legislative loopholes
- Disney warns 'Incredibles 2' moviegoers about seizure risk after fan's plea goes viral
- Hillary Clinton cites another Bible quote to fight Trump on immigration
- Justice Department asks Supreme Court for help with sanctuary cities injunction
- ER doctor caught on video cursing out patient is suspended
- Senate Judiciary Chair Grassley calls for probe of James Comey's 'disturbing' email practices
- Doubts looms over Colombia peace deal with hawk's election
- Prosecutor: Mobster afraid nightclub owner would rat him out
- Trump officials step up defense of immigration policy
- H. Clinton: Separating families at border a 'moral crisis'
- 'King Arthur' castle discovery: Mysterious inscription intrigues experts
- Bus company apologizes over worker's citizenship comments
- Outnumbered - Monday, June 18
- Mysterious wolf-like creature killed in Montana ID'd through DNA test
- Dad battling brain cancer shows no sign of tumor regrowth after clinical trial
- Texas officer arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting 4-year-old girl, threatening mom with deportation
- Waltz on North Korea: Trump's critics want it both ways
- Emma Roberts Is Back In Black & Teasing Her 'American Horror Story' Return
- Kate Spade's Funeral Will Be Held In Her Hometown Of Kansas City On Thursday
- Ariana Grande Claps Back After Sharing Snippet of New Track 'Pete'
- Hailee Steinfeld Kicks Off Katy Perry's Witness Tour & Reveals Her Secrets To Staying In Shape
- John Stamos On His First Father's Day: 'I Don't Have To Hand A Kid Back… When Someone Yells Cut'
- John Legend Shares A Picture Of Chrissy Teigen Breast Pumping On Father's Day
- 'Bachelor In Paradise' Stars Ashley Iaconetti and Jared Haibon Are Engaged!
- Behati Prinsloo Shares First Close-Up Photo Of Daughter Gio: 'We're So Lucky'
- Thomas Markle Breaks His Silence In 'Good Morning Britain' Interview: Meghan Markle Forgave Him, He Regrets Missing The Wedding & More
- Tommy Lee's Son Brandon Posts A Photo Of Him Passed Out In His Underwear & Blasts His Dad
- James Van Der Beek & His Wife Kimberly Welcome A Baby Girl: Meet Gwendolyn!
- Kylie Jenner Welcomes Khloe Kardashian and Baby True Home To Los Angeles With Over-The-Top Display
- Croatia sends World Cup player home for refusing to play in Nigeria match
- FIFA opens disciplinary case against Mexico over fans' alleged anti-gay chant at World Cup match
- Widely mocked Cristiano Ronaldo bust replaced at Portugal airport
- US soccer star's 'My Other Team Is Mexico' ad kicks up outrage
- Brooks Koepka wins second straight US Open
- Video shows jockey and horse falling, going on to win race
- Streaker gets abruptly tackled at Canadian football game
- At US Open, Mickelson penalized for swatting moving ball with putter
- Legendary sportscaster Jim Gray elected to Boxing Hall of Fame
- World Cup history made as VAR technology is used for the first time to award France a penalty
- Iranian fans unfurl banner at World Cup demanding home country allow women to sporting events
- Cristiano Ronaldo offers to pay $21M to avoid jail in tax evasion case