UMaine to offer adaptive climbing sessions at Maine Bound
Orono, Maine — The University of Maine in partnership with the Adaptive Outdoor Education Center’s Horizons Alpine Climbing Program will offer adaptive climbing at the Maine Bound Adventure Center throughout the spring semester.
The program is designed to provide assistance and accommodations for individuals with cognitive or physical differences and will include weekly adaptive climbing sessions on Wednesday evenings, as well as other events.
To make the program a success, Maine Bound is recruiting a group of passionate and dedicated volunteers to work with participants. Volunteer registration is online.
Maine Bound will host an Adaptive Climbing Volunteer Training and Community Climbing Day from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 11 for anyone who is interested in becoming a volunteer for the program.
The community climbing portion, from 1 to 5 p.m., is designed to give volunteers hands-on experience working with participants. Event registration is on the AOEC website.
Participation in the weekly climbing sessions is free for volunteers, UMaine Recreation members and students; $5 for nonmembers.
The program is made possible by collaborations between Maine Bound; AOEC; and UMaine’s Office of Veterans Education and Transition Services, Office of Student Accessibility Services, and Bodwell Center for Service and Volunteerism.
For more information, email Chris Bartram, Maine Bound coordinator, at [email protected]
- Maine dairy unveils blueberry-flavored milk
- Last 3 suspects arrested in Aroostook County drug trafficking sting
- New York drug dealer convicted of killing Maine man
- Middle schooler recognized for state science fair win
- Accused murderer gives birth to baby boy
- 'Click it or Ticket' campaign to kick off Memorial Day weekend
- Calais shooting suspects enter not guilty pleas
- Drug agents searching for suspects following investigation in northern Maine
- First babies born at EMMC's rennovated delivery floor
- Camp Capella preparing for new season
- Maine election officials unveil citizens' guide to ranked-choice voting
- Miss Maine makes mark at Miss USA pageant
- Mueller's questions for Trump leaked to NYT, in latest unexplained disclosure from Russia probe
- Tucker Carlson Tonight - Thursday, May 24
- Soros spends big in California's DA races in bid to reshape criminal justice system
- Three FBI officials to answer House panel's questions about Clinton emails
- Car bombing near hotel in Libyan city of Benghazi kills 7
- Israel calls on EU to end funding to pro-boycott groups
- Police: 2 shot at Oklahoma restaurant; civilian kills gunman
- Border Patrol union boss calls Trump's National Guard deployment a 'colossal waste'
- Seattle plan would fine gun owners for not properly storing weapons
- Trump cancels summit with Kim; North Korea still wants talks
- Indonesia passes new terror law after attacks using children
- Driver in deadly New Jersey school bus crash due in court
- Police: 2 shot at Oklahoma restaurant; suspect dead
- Cyclone Mekunu to be 'extremely severe' on landfall in Oman
- Rep. Joe Wilson on Trump's North Korea strategy
- Burgess Owens on backlash caused by NFL's anthem decision
- Clapper says nothing in Steele dossier has been disproven
- Mom acting 'erratically' holds kids, 1 and 3, on narrow ledge in danger of falling
- 'Teen Mom 2's' Kailyn Lowry Reveals She's Been Looking Into Sperm Banks For Baby No. 4
- Ariana Grande Reveals Permanent Bee Tattoo She Got As Tribute To Manchester Victims
- Meghan Markle Told Makeup Artist Daniel Martin She'll Still Just Be Meg
- Prince William Set To Make History With Trip To Israel
- Ryan Reynolds Says Blake Lively Convinced Him To Reconcile With His Dad: 'She Has The Gift Of Foresight'
- Ben Stiller, Anne Hathaway, Connie Britton, Olivia Munn & More Stars Join 'Red Nose Day'
- Kim Kardashian Gushes Over Kanye West In 4-Year Anniversary Post
- 'Survivor' Makes History In Season Finale Tiebreaker Shocker!
- Thomas Sadoski Skewers Jason Bateman For Supporting Jeffrey Tambor
- Jennifer Lopez Drops Sizzling Music Video For 'Dinero' Featuring Cardi B and DJ Khaled
- Summer Soirée with Corona Light
- ABC's 'The Chew' Cancelled & 'Good Morning America' To Expand
- NFL-backed firm polled Americans on Colin Kaepernick, player protests in 2017: report
- NFL's new national anthem policy based on fan reaction, not Trump, officials say
- Washington Capitals eliminate Tampa Bay, will play Vegas in Stanley Cup Final
- Milwaukee police apologize for Bucks guard Sterling Brown's arrest as video released
- Mets ex-outfielder Lenny Dykstra accused of threatening Uber driver and possessing mix of drugs
- NFL national anthem policy stirs reaction as 49ers owner says he abstained
- Cleveland Indians pitcher Trevor Bauer denies writing 'Bush did 9/11' on mound
- Cleveland Indians pitcher Trevor Bauer denies writing Bush did 9/11 on mound
- NFL adopts policy to fine teams if players and personnel don't stand for national anthem
- NFL adopts policy to fine club if players and personnel don't stand for national anthem
- San Antonio Spurs Silver Dancers upset over decision to disband squad for 'family friendly' co-ed 'hype team'
- Former Houston Texans cheerleaders file lawsuit alleging harassment