A Diabetes Peer Support Group for Machias Area
Input Sought for New Diabetes Support Group Planned for Machias
Machias, Healthy Acadia is seeking input and guidance from Machias area residents who are affected by prediabetes or diabetes (type 1 or type 2) and may be interested in participating in an in-person peer support group. The group will offer a casual setting for individuals living with prediabetes, type 1 or type 2 diabetes, their family members and/or caregivers to connect and share their day-to-day challenges and experiences with living with this chronic health condition.
Living with a chronic condition such as diabetes or prediabetes presents daily challenges that at times can be difficult to navigate. Support groups provide an opportunity to connect with others in your community who understand what you are going through and may experience many of these same challenges. Together you can explore new resources and directions to help you manage your health, make meaningful connections, receive needed encouragement and inspire others.
The direction, meeting frequency and focus area(s) of the peer support group will be guided by input and comments received from community members.
Interested community members are invited and encouraged to offer input regarding their individual support needs by completing a short survey, which can be found online at: https://goo.gl/forms/2xSQRG9E56Ebc0123. Deadline to submit comments is January 19, 2018.
For more information please email Angela Fochesato at [email protected] or call 207-255-3741, ext. 103.
- State police searching for two missing adults with special needs
- Birdsacre Sanctuary in Ellsworth is looking for volunteers for spring cleaning
- Garland shooting leaves one in the hospital and another in jail
- Romaine lettuce could be tainted with E.coli
- Death With Dignity campaign wants to be placed before Maine voters
- State legislature closing impacting bill for background checks on pre-K teachers
- Area children enjoy Challenger Learning Center's vacation camp
- Man taken to hospital after shooting in Garland
- Homeless veterans urge Representative Poliquin to reconsider a bill that would increase hunger in many
- City of Portland cuts ties with Waterfront Concerts
- Augusta woman arrested for unlawful sexual contact charges
- Massachusetts woman sentenced in murder case
- Services held for deceased Iowa family of four found in Mexico
- Two dead after home-built plane crashes in California
- Natalie Portman to skip 'Jewish Nobel' ceremony, clarifies reason for decision
- Marc Lotter reacts to DNC lawsuit against Trump campaign
- Emotional support animals posing problems for airlines
- Rep. Sean Duffy and Philippe Reines react to DNC lawsuit
- DOJ inspector general investigating Comey memos
- California man charged for fatally stabbing dad with daughter on his lap, authorities say
- North Korea reportedly assured Pompeo that release of 3 detainees could be joined with upcoming summit
- Spicer on the media's obsession with salacious memo detail
- Joe diGenova: Comey memos constitute a 'suicide note'
- Beware of North Korea's nuclear and missile pledge -- Kim's talk is cheap, it's his actions that count
- Sebastian Gorka: Comey is one 6-foot-7 slimy weasel
- Tucker Carlson's 'Final Exam': Larson vs. Frates 2
- Hillary Clinton claimed 'they were never going to let me be president,' new book says
- Missouri's Gov. Greitens faces second felony charge after allegedly stealing charity donor list for 2016 campaign
- The Story w/ Martha MacCallum - Friday, April 20
- Judicial Watch sues DOJ for Mueller-Comey communications
- Natalie Portman Breaks Her Silence On Skipping Israeli Award Ceremony
- Kim Kardashian Shares A Video Packing On The PDA With Hubby Kanye West
- Taylor Swift Adorably Responds To Fans' Reactions To Her Country Music Return With Sugarland
- Selena Gomez Gushes Over BFF Amy Schumer's New Movie 'I Feel Pretty'
- Christie Brinkley Thought The Nude Pic Her Son Took Of His Girlfriend Nina Agdal Was Awesome
- Swedish DJ Avicii Dead At 28
- Ariana Grande Emotionally Thanks Fans For Support & Honors Manchester Victims In New Music Video
- Ellen Pompeo Writes An Emotional Goodbye To 'Grey's' Stars Sarah Drew & Jessica Capshaw
- Millie Bobby Brown Is The Youngest Person Ever To Make Time 100 Most Influential List
- Who Died In The 'Scandal' Series Finale?
- Taylor Swift Returns To Country Music On Sugarland's 'Babe' – Listen!
- Ariana Grande Drops Stunning Video For 'No Tears Left To Cry' & Fans Are Totally Losing It
- Arsene Wenger to leave Arsenal after 22 seasons with club
- Alex Rodriguez's 'nephew' kidnapped in New York City hotel over $600G Lamborghini sale
- Lance Armstrong settles $100M lawsuit with US government
- Alex Rodriguez's nephew kidnapped in New York City hotel over $600G Lamborghini sale
- McKayla Maroney: Larry Nassar exploited me when coaches withheld food
- McKayla Maroney: Larry Nassar exploited coaches withholding food
- New York Yankees superstars respond to girl's viral video on bullying trauma
- TNT reporter asks LeBron James about death of Spurs coach's wife, gets slammed on social media
- Erin Popovich, wife of San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, dies at 67
- Drunk ski jump over a crowd of spectators leads to criminal investigation after 2 injured
- Florida woman hit in face with puck at NHL playoff game
- Longtime Spurs fans 'turned off' by coach Gregg Popovich's anti-Trump comments, report says