MDI Historical Society's 7th Annual Bean Supper- Tickets at Door Only
7th Annual Bean Supper to explore local food traditions
Join the Mount Desert Island Historical Society at MDI High School on January 22nd, 2018 from 6-8pm for our 7th Annual Bean Supper and a special panel moderated by Dr. Rachel A. Snell. Community bean bakers will again present their delicious versions of this classic New England staple, accompanied by sausages, brown bread, coleslaw, pickles, rolls, and cookies. After supper, the panel will explore local food traditions from agricultural, culinary, and historical angles, featuring perspectives from Amanda Kendall (Sassafras Catering), C.J. Walke (Peggy Rockefeller Farm), and Emily Damon (Mount Desert Elementary School and Isleford Dock).
Tickets are $10 for adults / $5 for children and will be sold only at the door.
About the Mount Desert Island Historical Society:
The Mount Desert Island Historical Society fosters meaningful engagement with the histories of Mount Desert Island. For more, visit www.mdihistory.org.
Image 1: Community members sample a selection of beans in the cafeteria of MDI High School.
Image 2: The poster for this year's Annual Supper and panel on food culture with Dr. Rachel A. Snell.
- Garland shooting leaves one in the hospital and another in jail
- Romaine lettuce could be tainted with E.coli
- Death With Dignity campaign wants to be placed before Maine voters
- State legislature closing impacting bill for background checks on pre-K teachers
- Area children enjoy Challenger Learning Center's vacation camp
- Man taken to hospital after shooting in Garland
- Homeless veterans urge Representative Poliquin to reconsider a bill that would increase hunger in many
- City of Portland cuts ties with Waterfront Concerts
- Augusta woman arrested for unlawful sexual contact charges
- Massachusetts woman sentenced in murder case
- Bangor man stabbed during altercation
- Maine mourns death of Barbara Bush
- Ranked choice voting will be used in June primary
- Pharmacy robbery suspect caught at campsite in Brooks
- Services held for deceased Iowa family of four found in Mexico
- Two dead after home-built plane crashes in California
- Justice Department IG reportedly probing Comey memos over classified material
- Good faith sign from North Korea ahead of Trump-Kim summit?
- Do McCabe's actions rise to level of criminal prosecution?
- Fleischer on Comey: 'This is the book tour that backfired'
- Knife-wielding monk seal spotted on beach in Hawaii
- Scott Baio's co-star denies actor sexually assaulted her after Nicole Eggert said he did
- Talks to form new Czech coalition government to renew
- Driver in deadly immigrant smuggling case gets life sentence
- Ex-rebel leader in Colombia relocates amid talk of arrest
- Judge rejects condemned inmate's argument for resentencing
- Prosecutors: Police chief made officers give him drugs
- The Latest: Murder suspect arrested on tip in Texas bar
- 'Sammi Sweetheart' Giancola avoided 'Jersey Shore: Family Vacation' fearing ex Ronnie would want to get back together
- Mom, 31, who left 4 kids at home for 'solo vacation' to Germany avoids jail time, gets probation
- Joe Biden’s cancer initiative tackles drug prices
- Earth day by the numbers
- Swedish DJ Avicii Dead At 28
- Ariana Grande Emotionally Thanks Fans For Support & Honors Manchester Victims In New Music Video
- Ellen Pompeo Writes An Emotional Goodbye To 'Grey's' Stars Sarah Drew & Jessica Capshaw
- Millie Bobby Brown Is The Youngest Person Ever To Make Time 100 Most Influential List
- Who Died In The 'Scandal' Series Finale?
- Taylor Swift Returns To Country Music On Sugarland's 'Babe' – Listen!
- Ariana Grande Drops Stunning Video For 'No Tears Left To Cry' & Fans Are Totally Losing It
- Jennifer Aniston Makes First Official Public Appearance Since Justin Theroux Split
- Keri Glassman Shares Meatless Monday Recipes In Honor Of Earth Week!
- Kim Kardashian West Announces DASH Stores Are Closing After 12 Years
- Joanna Gaines Celebrates Her 40th Birthday By Eating Donuts
- Jojo Siwa Went To Visit Abby Lee Miller In The Hospital: 'It's Heartbreaking'
- Arsene Wenger to leave Arsenal after 22 seasons with club
- Alex Rodriguez's 'nephew' kidnapped in New York City hotel over $600G Lamborghini sale
- Lance Armstrong settles $100M lawsuit with US government
- Alex Rodriguez's nephew kidnapped in New York City hotel over $600G Lamborghini sale
- McKayla Maroney: Larry Nassar exploited me when coaches withheld food
- McKayla Maroney: Larry Nassar exploited coaches withholding food
- New York Yankees superstars respond to girl's viral video on bullying trauma
- TNT reporter asks LeBron James about death of Spurs coach's wife, gets slammed on social media
- Erin Popovich, wife of San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, dies at 67
- Drunk ski jump over a crowd of spectators leads to criminal investigation after 2 injured
- Florida woman hit in face with puck at NHL playoff game
- Longtime Spurs fans 'turned off' by coach Gregg Popovich's anti-Trump comments, report says