Parent group plans Jan 27 Winter Luau Fundraiser Dinner and Dance
Parent group plans Jan 27 Winter Luau Fundraiser to beat back winter blues
Contact: Kellie Guarino, parent group member, 207-669-0576
December 290th – On Saturday night, January 27th, the community is invited to beat the cold by attending a special WINTER LUAU dinner and dance fundraiser for Messalonskee High School Class of 2019 at the Waterville Elks Banquet and Conference Center (76 Industrial Street) starting at 6:30 pm.
Funds raised will support certain class graduation costs and the student celebration afterward. This event is one of a series that the parent volunteers have been planning to entertain the broader community over the winter months and raise needed funds for the class. In addition to the Luau, a paint night as well as a Junior Auction is in the works.
The goal of these events is to get parents, friends, neighbors, and family in the community together for some fun throughout the year. Kellie Guarino, who has a Junior at Messalonskee, states “Parents who invest a lot of time and energy fundraising for the school should definitely have some tremendous fun while doing it! This Winter Luau on January 27 will give us an opportunity together to celebrate these wonderful students who have been growing alongside this community for years. And besides, what a great excuse for an adult night out to benefit a great cause!”
The Messalonskee parent group hopes the surrounding community will turn out in large numbers to participant in this event which is meant to be a reprieve from the long winter in Maine that has been hitting record lows recently. There will be a Hawaian buffet complete with coconut crusted haddock and Huli Huli chicken, plus banana/coconut cream pies and pineapple upside down cake for dessert. In addition, there will be tropical drink special options at the cash bar and a festive tiki photo booth-like opportunity to capture those Hawaian shirts and get in the Luau spirit. Entertainment is to be provided by DJ and Messalonskee alumni Forrest Labbe.
Those interesting in joining this WINTER LUAU on January 27th - a community dinner and dance party to benefit Messalonskee High School and the Class of 2019 – can purchase tickets online at https://winter_luau.eventbrite.com. Doors open at 6:30 at Waterville Elks, dinner will be served around 7:30, and dancing should begin by 9. Tickets are $50 each or $80 per couple and tables of 8 can be reserved for groups as well. For further information, please call 207-669-0576.
- Updated photo released of deputy shooting suspect
- Panelists discuss how to attract businesses to Maine
- UPDATE: Norridgewock shooting suspect at large, considered "armed and extremely dangerous"
- Sheriff's deputy killed, source says
- UPDATE: Search for missing boy now recovery mission
- Maine DOT is looking for the public's help with message boards
- UPDATE: Authorities suspend search for boy who fell into river
- Bangor to require training for bartenders and servers
- Police: two young boys fell into Androscoggin River, search for one continues
- Ranked choice voting ready to roll
- Augusta police capture alleged vehicle thief
- Maine DOT sign contest!
- Anson woman arrested on drug charges
- "Shop Skowhegan" promoting Main Street Skowhegan
- Farmington man arrested for gross sexual assault
- Bangor recognizes "Week of the Young Child"
- Bangor City Council to address domestic violence
- Services held for deceased Iowa family of four found in Mexico
- Two dead after home-built plane crashes in California
- Frat brothers linked to racist video say they were ridiculed
- Attorneys urge appeals court to block Iraqi deportations
- Man dies awaiting murder trial in Chicago fire that killed 4
- Sen. Cardin: Mistake for US to withdraw from Iran deal
- Protesting police, military join Portugal revolution parade
- Toronto van attack victims include woman with 'generous heart,' young chef, beloved grandmother
- Coffman: We need Jackson to be 'Marine Corps tough' at VA
- Florida teacher who talked down school shooter says she had 'angel on my shoulder'
- Fight breaks out behind Burger King counter at restaurant in Wisconsin
- Judge Napolitano on his support of DACA
- Polish PM says ex-communist EU countries need more support
- Mysterious mummy found in Iran could be father of last shah
- SC corrections officers charged with bribery, racketeering
- Moon and Kim to meet face-to-face for first time in years
- Dallas police officer dies after Home Depot shooting, mayor says
- Kiss singer Paul Stanley misses his groupie days: 'It was an amazing, amazing part of my life'
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar On Tonya Harding As A 'DWTS' Threat: 'She Doesn't Need To Break My Legs'
- Pink's Daughter Is Hilariously Unimpressed By Her People's Most Beautiful Cover
- Disney Channel Reveals Cast Of Live-Action 'Kim Possible' With Help From Original Stars Christy Carlson Romano & Will Friedle
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Steal Secret Glances During Somber Ceremony
- Rachel Weisz Wows In First Red Carpet Appearance Since Announcing She's Pregnant
- Jennifer Garner Shows Off Super Toned Arms In Sexy Red Dress At CinemaCon
- Alex Rodriguez Celebrates Girlfriend Jennifer Lopez's TIME 100 Honor With Her Family
- Terri Irwin Gives The Scoop On Son Robert's Dating Life: 'If She's Got A Camera, She's In!'
- Meek Mill Released From Prison On Bail After Serving 5 Months
- Ava DuVernay To Receive Excellence in Media Award At GLAAD Awards
- Britney Spears Shows Off Her New Workout — And It's Seriously Intense!
- Chris Evans & His Brother Scott Evans Reveals Their Childhood Antics On Seth Meyers
- Ex-NFL cheerleaders offer to settle disputes for $1 in exchange for meeting with Goodell, report says
- Pete Rose reportedly involved in high-stakes gambling, owes money to casinos, IRS
- Seattle Seahawks' coach says team open to signing Colin Kaepernick
- San Francisco sports anchor reportedly sent home after allegedly stealing jacket at Warriors practice
- Gronk's namesake horse to miss Kentucky Derby because of infection
- Girlfriend of Dallas Cowboys' David Irving makes, then retracts domestic violence claims
- Dallas Cowboys' David Irving under investigation over domestic violence allegations
- Miami Marlins owner Derek Jeter blasts Bryant Gumbel as 'mentally weak' over tanking talk
- McKayla Maroney says she reported Larry Nassar abused her while she was ‘naked on a bed’
- San Francisco Giants' Brandon Belt sees 21 pitches in at-bat, most since at least 1988
- Ex-NFL kicker Jay Feely says prom date photo with gun 'intended to be a joke'
- Wrestler Bruno Sammartino's viewing draws hundreds of fans