- Category: Uncategorised
- Created on Friday, 17 May 2019 14:07
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 4375
WHEEL OF FORTUNE IS COMING TO MAINE &
YOU COULD BE A CONTESTANT!
What is the Wheelmobile?
The Wheelmobile is a 38-foot Winnebago that tours nationwide in search of contestants for America’s Game®. The Wheelmobile team is coming your way to find contestants in Eastern Maine!
Where and when will the Wheelmobile event take place?
The Wheelmobile event will take place during two special days of contestant searches.
When: Friday & Saturday, June 21st & 22nd from 5 PM – 9 PM.
University of Maine*
Collins Center for the Arts – Hutchins Concert Hall
2 Flagstaff Road
Orono, ME 04469
* The Wheelmobile event will take place inside the Hutchins Concert Hall located within Collins Center for the Arts. Ample parking will be available at the Collins Center for the Arts Parking Lot. The main entrance for the event will be through the Hutchins Concert Hall Entry Pavilion. Applications for a chance to audition will be distributed inside the Hutchins Concert Hall Lobby.
We will begin handing out applications one hour before each show begins. Shows will begin at 5 PM, 6:30 PM & 8 PM with each show lasting about an hour. There is no need to arrive hours in advance of the event. Everyone who attends the event will be able to submit an application. We will select participants to come to the stage and audition via a random draw.
How does it work?
- There are three Wheel of Fortune shows during each day of a Wheelmobile event. Each show lasts approximately one hour.
- Everyone who comes to a Wheelmobile event will receive a color-coded application. The color of the application tells you what time the game you are eligible for will begin.
- Fill out your application and drop it in a nearby receptacle. Just before show time, we will put all the applications in a big golden drum that sits on the stage.
- When the show begins, our Wheelmobile host will pick applications at random from the drum and call participants up to the stage (in groups of five) to play the game.
- On stage, we will do a brief interview with each contestant and play a version of the Wheel of Fortune Speed-Up Round.
- Each person who comes up to the stage will be evaluated as a potential contestant for the show. At the end of the puzzle all contestants on stage will be awarded a prize. (Wheel of Fortune hats, t-shirts and duffle bags are just some of the stuff you might win.)
- Wheel of Fortune is looking for good game players who are energetic, enthusiastic and fun. This is your opportunity to shine. Show us what you’ve got!
- After the Wheelmobile event in your area has been conducted, we will choose the people we believe will be the best candidates for the show (based on their overall performance on stage) to take part in a final round of auditions. These final auditions will take place in Eastern Maine within a couple months after our last event date.
- We will get as many people up to the stage as we can. However, we know there will be many more folks at our Wheelmobile events than we can possibly audition. For this reason, we will reserve some slots in the final auditions for those individuals who attended Wheelmobile events but did not make it up to the stage. After all the Wheelmobile events have been conducted, we will draw a number of names at random from all the applications we receive in Eastern Maine for these slots.
- If you are invited to the final auditions, you will receive a letter or email within a couple months of our last Wheelmobile event.
What are the contestant eligibility requirements?
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be a contestant on Wheel of Fortune.
- You are not eligible to be a contestant on Wheel of Fortune if you work for, or are related to, anyone who works for Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Pictures Television Inc., Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Pictures Television International, Quadra Productions, Inc., CBS Television Distribution Group, Enteractive Solutions Group, The Visionaire Group, Klick Communications Inc., Promotional Consideration Inc., game show prize suppliers, WVII-TV ABC7/WFVX FOX 22 (including its advertisers), or any TV stations or networks broadcasting Wheel of Fortune or Jeopardy!.
- You are not eligible to appear on Wheel of Fortune if you have appeared on another game show, dating-relationship show or reality show in the last year or three game shows, dating-relationship shows or reality shows in the last ten years.
- You are not eligible to be a contestant on Wheel of Fortune if you have appeared on any version of the show - including the daytime version (with Pat Sajak, Chuck Woolery, Bob Goen, or other hosts), Teen Week (or any special week), or "Wheel 2000."
- All expenses incurred while interviewing and (if selected as a contestant) appearing on the show, including airfare, hotel, etc. are the responsibility of the applicant.
- A contestant audition does not guarantee a spot on the show. The applicant understands that Wheel of Fortune is under no obligation to use him/her as a contestant. It is entirely at the producer's discretion.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS SHALL BE MADE FOR PERSONS WITH PHYSICAL
LIMITATIONS AND/OR DISABILITIES.
WATCH WHEEL OF FORTUNE WEEKNIGHTS AT 7:00 PM ON WVII-TV ABC7!
- Caylin Moore: I'm the first Rhodes Scholar from Compton, but I better not be the last
- Texas governor approves budget with gun storage safety effort opposed by NRA
- O.J. Simpson says he will use social media to 'set the record straight'
- Colorado hospital faces lawsuit from dozens of patients over 'severe infections' causing at least 1 death: report
- Burglary suspect caught, had machete wound inflicted by boy
- Atlanta Braves pitcher Sean Newcomb 'feels fine' after 102-mph line drive off head: report
- Trump claims 'Obama had to know about' efforts to undermine presidency
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' writer, director Simon Kinberg takes blame for film's failure
- Scores protest outside Florida detention center for kids
- Beto O'Rourke unveils small business plan to address racial wealth disparities
- Andrew McCabe says Mueller report should prompt impeachment
- Texas pastor who backed bill criminalizing abortion arrested
- Sally Pipes: California’s ‘free’ health care for illegal immigrants -- courtesy of the taxpayers
- Florida cops arrest man who said he stole pool floats to use for sex
- Florida toddler befriends dolphins at SeaWorld in adorable video
- Home invasion suspect who was thwarted by 11-year-old on the loose after walking out of hospital
- Franchise fatigue continues as 'Men in Black: International' and 'Shaft' disappoint at box office
- The Latest: Edesur: Power restored to 1.5 million Argentines
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Carli Lloyd sets Women's World Cup record as US clinches spot in next round
- Yankees add AL home run leader Edwin Encarnación after trade with Mariners
- Tyson Fury beats Tom Schwarz by TKO 3 minutes into 2nd round
- Tyson Fury beats Tom Schwartz by TKO 3 minutes into 2nd round
- David Ortiz's accused shooter, suspected cohorts led into court in helmets, bulletproof vests
- Los Angeles Dodgers' Cody Bellinger has Father's Day surprise for unsuspecting coach and son
- Canada inspired in World Cup by Toronto Raptors NBA title
- Auger-Aliassime to face Raonic in Stuttgart semifinal
- Taylor puts England in World Cup last 16 with game to spare
- Italian soccer star scores country’s first hat trick at Women’s World Cup in 5-0 win over Jamaica
- Jamaican player whiffs on bicycle kick, nails Italian captain in the face
- Chicago White Sox photographer forced to make quick-thinking play on another wild first pitch