- Category: Uncategorised
- Created on Wednesday, 11 October 2017 15:24
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 81242
FOX Network broadcasts two audio channels. One designated "ENGLISH" and one designed "SPANISH" on viewers digital TV's. On selected FOX network programming, such as Major League Baseball, NASCAR, NFL On FOX, COPS, America's Most Wanted specials, and certain movies, on the Spanish channel FOX will replace the English audio that is heard on the ENGLISH main channel with either Spanish language or a new thing the FCC calls "Audio Description" where a narrators voice will describe in short phrases what is happening on the screen for those viewers who are visually impaired.
Homer: YOU LITTLE ….!!!!!
Bart: (Choking sound)
Narrator: Homer chokes Bart.
This sometimes confuses viewers who mistakenly think the TV station has gone crazy or has been taken over. In reality there is no issue with the broadcast. You may only experience this on WFVX or it just started with the current program or it is only during the race (ballgame, movie, etc.) and all the commercials are fine. This confirms there is nothing wrong with the broadcast.
The problem is the viewer has accidentally or maybe on purpose, changed the audio channel from ENGLISH to SPANISH and doesn't realize it. Most of the time, English will be broadcast on the SPANISH channel when there is no programming providing Spanish audio so most viewers never realize they are on the incorrect audio channel until a program with Spanish or Audio Description is broadcast. It is very easy to correct. Only the viewer can fix this. The TV station has no way to correct the issue.
And here is how you do it.
On a viewer's remote control there may be wording something like MTS or SAP or AUDIO or SPANISH. By pushing the appropriate button will normally cycle through the choices until the correct setting is found. For viewers who do not have a remote control or their remote control does not list any audio settings, the viewer will need to go into the digital TV or converter box MENU and look for AUDIO. In those settings will list the audio channels available and can be changed there. The settings can be changed when English is being broadcast. Watch for the current setting displayed on your TV screen to see which audio channel is active.
Performing this task will change the audio setting from the SPANISH audio channel back to the ENGLISH audio channel.
- Environmental protesters glue themselves to tunnels under Capitol
- Doug Schoen: Mueller testimony won’t lead to Trump’s impeachment
- Georgia police dog shot and killed by deputy during pursuit, sheriff says
- DOJ opens sweeping antitrust review of big tech giants, saying they may work against consumers
- Brooklyn man accused of immigration fraud, submitting hundreds of faked applications: DOJ
- Prince Harry dances with Dr. Jane Goodall at Windsor Castle
- New York City police union urges tougher punishments for harassers after viral videos surface
- Von Spakovsky and Stimson: Crisis in immigration courts demands urgent action – here’s what to do
- Houston day care bus driver charged over death of 3-year-old in 113-degree vehicle
- Most Americans say low trust in federal government makes it difficult to solve problems
- McCain clashes with Beto over 'extreme' comparison between Nuremberg and Trump rally
- Russia confirms joint air patrol with China after South Korea claims airspace violation
- Hebrew inscriptions exposed for the first time since historic synagogue was destroyed in the Holocaust
- PolitiFact stands by AOC 'parking lot' fact-check after online mockery
- Charlotte lawmakers float backing out of hosting Republican convention
- 9/11 victims' fund bill passes Senate, ending months of doubts for 'ecstatic' first responders
- Giant panda electrocuted at Scottish zoo as horrified families watch
- Surveillance footage offers more clues in Savannah Spurlock case
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Ex-Mets, Yankees pitcher Dwight Gooden arrested for second time in six weeks, says he'll enter rehab
- Cleveland Indians’ Lindor calls on MLB to extend protective netting after his foul ball hospitalizes toddler
- Russian boxer Maxim Dadashev, 28, dead after suffering brain injuries in first loss, reports say
- Women’s soccer champ Rose Lavelle meets Rose Lavelle: 'Hopefully everyone will forget about old Rose Lavelle'
- Soccer superstar Lionel Messi stuns English boy, 11, play pickup game during beach vacation
- Zion Williamson is latest to drop off Team USA roster, amid minor injury, conditioning concerns
- Spurs great Tim Duncan returns to team as assistant coach under Popovich
- Cowboys, Yankees tops as Forbes releases list of most valuable sports franchises
- Soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo won't face criminal charges over rape claims, prosecutors say
- Many online condemn Tom Brady for viral post diving with daughter
- Shaquille O’Neal gets rowdy in mosh pit at Tomorrowland music festival
- Michigan's Harbaugh comes up with new idea after taking fire for saying players could lie about mental health