- Category: Uncategorised
- Created on Wednesday, 11 October 2017 15:24
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 78411
FOX Network broadcasts two audio channels. One designated "ENGLISH" and one designed "SPANISH" on viewers digital TV's. On selected FOX network programming, such as Major League Baseball, NASCAR, NFL On FOX, COPS, America's Most Wanted specials, and certain movies, on the Spanish channel FOX will replace the English audio that is heard on the ENGLISH main channel with either Spanish language or a new thing the FCC calls "Audio Description" where a narrators voice will describe in short phrases what is happening on the screen for those viewers who are visually impaired.
Homer: YOU LITTLE ….!!!!!
Bart: (Choking sound)
Narrator: Homer chokes Bart.
This sometimes confuses viewers who mistakenly think the TV station has gone crazy or has been taken over. In reality there is no issue with the broadcast. You may only experience this on WFVX or it just started with the current program or it is only during the race (ballgame, movie, etc.) and all the commercials are fine. This confirms there is nothing wrong with the broadcast.
The problem is the viewer has accidentally or maybe on purpose, changed the audio channel from ENGLISH to SPANISH and doesn't realize it. Most of the time, English will be broadcast on the SPANISH channel when there is no programming providing Spanish audio so most viewers never realize they are on the incorrect audio channel until a program with Spanish or Audio Description is broadcast. It is very easy to correct. Only the viewer can fix this. The TV station has no way to correct the issue.
And here is how you do it.
On a viewer's remote control there may be wording something like MTS or SAP or AUDIO or SPANISH. By pushing the appropriate button will normally cycle through the choices until the correct setting is found. For viewers who do not have a remote control or their remote control does not list any audio settings, the viewer will need to go into the digital TV or converter box MENU and look for AUDIO. In those settings will list the audio channels available and can be changed there. The settings can be changed when English is being broadcast. Watch for the current setting displayed on your TV screen to see which audio channel is active.
Performing this task will change the audio setting from the SPANISH audio channel back to the ENGLISH audio channel.
- EU's Tusk queried in Poland over his past policy as premier
- SEE IT: Group of ‘brazen thieves’ steal $8K worth of clothes from Tommy Hilfiger store: police
- Vatican formally opens debate on married priests for Amazon
- Woman accused of false abduction report to appear in court
- Mary Anne Marsh: Russia, if you’re listening, it’s Donald Trump – again
- Iran to break uranium stockpile limit set by nuclear deal, spokesman says
- Spokesman: Iran to break stockpile limit set by nuclear deal
- Prince Philip advised Prince Harry not to marry Markle because ‘one doesn’t marry’ actresses: report
- Boeing, Airbus face off at Paris Air Show amid slowdown
- Turkey: 9 missing, 31 rescued after migrant boat sinks
- Pelosi flexes muscle over party in impeachment debate, but ‘dam’ could collapse
- Pakistan police seek to unravel networks trafficking women
- Sold into marriage, Pakistani women endure rapes in China
- Businesswoman leads Guatemalan election, early results show
- Pakistani activist known for criticism killed in Islamabad
- Trump asks Mulvaney to leave Oval Office for coughing during ABC interview
- Overcrowding, abuse seen at Mexico migrant detention center
- Trial set for Navy SEAL in Islamic State prisoner's killing
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Maximum Security beaten in first start since Derby DQ
- Berrettini breaks through on grass to win Stuttgart Open
- Canada advances with 2-0 victory over New Zealand
- Netherlands advances at Women's World Cup with 3-1 win
- Gary Woodland holds off Brooks Koepka to win US Open
- Carli Lloyd sets Women's World Cup record as US clinches spot in next round
- Yankees add AL home run leader Edwin Encarnación after trade with Mariners
- Tyson Fury beats Tom Schwarz by TKO 3 minutes into 2nd round
- Tyson Fury beats Tom Schwartz by TKO 3 minutes into 2nd round
- David Ortiz's accused shooter, suspected cohorts led into court in helmets, bulletproof vests
- Los Angeles Dodgers' Cody Bellinger has Father's Day surprise for unsuspecting coach and son
- Canada inspired in World Cup by Toronto Raptors NBA title