- Category: Uncategorised
- Created on Wednesday, 11 October 2017 15:24
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 72122
FOX Network broadcasts two audio channels. One designated "ENGLISH" and one designed "SPANISH" on viewers digital TV's. On selected FOX network programming, such as Major League Baseball, NASCAR, NFL On FOX, COPS, America's Most Wanted specials, and certain movies, on the Spanish channel FOX will replace the English audio that is heard on the ENGLISH main channel with either Spanish language or a new thing the FCC calls "Audio Description" where a narrators voice will describe in short phrases what is happening on the screen for those viewers who are visually impaired.
Homer: YOU LITTLE ….!!!!!
Bart: (Choking sound)
Narrator: Homer chokes Bart.
This sometimes confuses viewers who mistakenly think the TV station has gone crazy or has been taken over. In reality there is no issue with the broadcast. You may only experience this on WFVX or it just started with the current program or it is only during the race (ballgame, movie, etc.) and all the commercials are fine. This confirms there is nothing wrong with the broadcast.
The problem is the viewer has accidentally or maybe on purpose, changed the audio channel from ENGLISH to SPANISH and doesn't realize it. Most of the time, English will be broadcast on the SPANISH channel when there is no programming providing Spanish audio so most viewers never realize they are on the incorrect audio channel until a program with Spanish or Audio Description is broadcast. It is very easy to correct. Only the viewer can fix this. The TV station has no way to correct the issue.
And here is how you do it.
On a viewer's remote control there may be wording something like MTS or SAP or AUDIO or SPANISH. By pushing the appropriate button will normally cycle through the choices until the correct setting is found. For viewers who do not have a remote control or their remote control does not list any audio settings, the viewer will need to go into the digital TV or converter box MENU and look for AUDIO. In those settings will list the audio channels available and can be changed there. The settings can be changed when English is being broadcast. Watch for the current setting displayed on your TV screen to see which audio channel is active.
Performing this task will change the audio setting from the SPANISH audio channel back to the ENGLISH audio channel.
- Why the Pentagon wants more AI, drones, attack submarines and nuclear weapons
- A closer look at New Zealand's new weapons ban
- Texas Rep. Dan Crenshaw fighting for fellow Navy SEAL being held on war crimes charges
- Eddie Gallagher case: Republicans call on Navy to review treatment of SEAL being held on war crimes charges
- Gillibrand suggests giving Social Security to illegal immigrants
- The Latest: Portugal sends rescuers to Mozambique
- US testing new rapid-deployment strategy in Europe
- Poland snubs Russia ahead of WWII commemoration
- Germany: 2 arrested on suspicion of making child porn
- Economist Thomas Sowell warns of the dangers of the left's 'social justice'
- Dutch suspect in tram shooting to face terrorism charge
- Venezuelan forces search homes of 2 opposition figures
- EU commissioner Vestager running for bloc's top posts
- Ex-Philippine officials accuse Xi of crimes against humanity
- Pakistani lawmakers claim women's march was anti-Islam
- President Trump, we need you in Lordstown. Come and look our community in the eye
- Vietnam arrests 8 Chinese suspected of drug trafficking
- 800-pound bison does 'happy dance' to celebrate first day of spring, video shows
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Trump goalie mask made for youth hockey player draws criticism
- Miami Marlins minor league affiliate to host 'Florida Man Night'
- UC Berkeley student accuses football players, coaches of sexual harassment in Facebook post
- Peyton Manning and ESPN reportedly meet to discuss ‘Monday Night Football’ job
- UCLA student had no business playing for top soccer program: report
- Nevada men's basketball stars credit their mother with getting them this far: 'That's why we are who we are'
- New Jersey wrestling referee who made competitor cut dreadlocks alleges defamation, emotional distress
- Marlins CEO Derek Jeter's rocky relationship with Giancarlo Stanton led to threat, trade to Yankees: book
- Team USA caps off win at Special Olympics World Games with incredible buzzer-beater
- NCAA men's basketball tournament features highly touted NBA Draft prospects
- GRAPHIC VIDEO: Brother of WWE legend Kurt Angle arrested for allegedly tossing child by neck
- San Francisco Giants CEO won't face charges for altercation with wife caught on video, authorities say