- Category: Uncategorised
- Created on Wednesday, 11 October 2017 15:24
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 76546
FOX Network broadcasts two audio channels. One designated "ENGLISH" and one designed "SPANISH" on viewers digital TV's. On selected FOX network programming, such as Major League Baseball, NASCAR, NFL On FOX, COPS, America's Most Wanted specials, and certain movies, on the Spanish channel FOX will replace the English audio that is heard on the ENGLISH main channel with either Spanish language or a new thing the FCC calls "Audio Description" where a narrators voice will describe in short phrases what is happening on the screen for those viewers who are visually impaired.
Homer: YOU LITTLE ….!!!!!
Bart: (Choking sound)
Narrator: Homer chokes Bart.
This sometimes confuses viewers who mistakenly think the TV station has gone crazy or has been taken over. In reality there is no issue with the broadcast. You may only experience this on WFVX or it just started with the current program or it is only during the race (ballgame, movie, etc.) and all the commercials are fine. This confirms there is nothing wrong with the broadcast.
The problem is the viewer has accidentally or maybe on purpose, changed the audio channel from ENGLISH to SPANISH and doesn't realize it. Most of the time, English will be broadcast on the SPANISH channel when there is no programming providing Spanish audio so most viewers never realize they are on the incorrect audio channel until a program with Spanish or Audio Description is broadcast. It is very easy to correct. Only the viewer can fix this. The TV station has no way to correct the issue.
And here is how you do it.
On a viewer's remote control there may be wording something like MTS or SAP or AUDIO or SPANISH. By pushing the appropriate button will normally cycle through the choices until the correct setting is found. For viewers who do not have a remote control or their remote control does not list any audio settings, the viewer will need to go into the digital TV or converter box MENU and look for AUDIO. In those settings will list the audio channels available and can be changed there. The settings can be changed when English is being broadcast. Watch for the current setting displayed on your TV screen to see which audio channel is active.
Performing this task will change the audio setting from the SPANISH audio channel back to the ENGLISH audio channel.
- Hospice Conference
- Road work affecting Main Street traffic
- Woman killed, man hurt in early morning ATV crash
- Maine Coast Hospital offering Tuesday vaccine class, shots
- Attorney: Trial begins Tuesday in Bar Harbor teen's death
- Walkers, runners brave rain for Courageous Steps
- Bangor food truck fest draws 3,000 foodies
- Brick Church raises funds to clothe, feed needy
- Mainers weigh in on bicentennial flag design
- Baileyville women facing drug charges
- Rep. Collins: Pelosi and Dems only concerned with keeping their jobs
- Kellyanne Conway, Nancy Pelosi clash after Trump meeting with Democrats was cut short: report
- Bankruptcy judge approves $105M PG&E fund to help wildfire survivors
- Nigel Farage blasted by rivals as they face thrashing from Brexit Party at European elections
- 41,000 portable speakers recalled after multiple reports of explosions
- Chris Long admits to heavy pot use during NFL career
- Pentagon weighs requesting several thousand more troops in Mideast amid Iran tensions: official
- House GOP resolution blasts 'Green New Deal' as violating nation's 'bedrock principles'
- BuzzFeed News issued cease-and-desist letter from woman in Tony Robbins scandal
- MSNBC's Nicolle Wallace: Pelosi 'seemed to unravel Trump psychologically'
- UN: ex-German president resigned UN job for health reasons
- Ex-NFL player faces trial in death of girlfriend's child
- Truck plummets through New Jersey parking garage's upper level
- Dutch prime minister, populist leader clash in Europe debate
- Federal judge rules banks must comply with subpoenas for Trump financial records
- Gun buyer in San Bernardino attack wants to pull guilty plea
- Brazil: Man who killed 3 at Baptist church was 'incoherent'
- US says Trump coal moves hasten but don't increase emissions
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Boxer accuses Jay-Z, sports agency of negligence after suffering 'devastating brain hemorrhage'
- Female squash competitors 'shocked' after prizes include sex toy, callus remover
- Philadelphia Eagles' Lane Johnson donates $500G to Kilgore College for new athletic facility
- Drake seen massaging Toronto Raptors coach's shoulders as some question his behavior
- Iowa high school soccer player scores 'butt' goal during playoff game
- Detroit Lions' Matthew Stafford opens up about 'tough times' while wife recovers from brain surgery
- Triple amputee Army vet uses surfing to get through struggles: 'It's changed everything for me'
- XFL coach expects Johnny Manziel to be eligible for league's draft
- Maximum Security eyeing New Jersey events for return to track, horse's owner says
- Distant relative of NFL veteran Tyrann Mathieu accused of trying to extort millions from player: officials
- Detroit Tigers fan butters up Curtis Granderson with popcorn during game
- Aaron Rodgers left unsatisfied with 'Game of Thrones' finale