Dinner for 2 Anywhere in the World Raffle
Raising funds for social justice and community outreach
BANGOR – December 7th, 2019 The Unitarian Universalist Society of Bangor is sponsoring a dinner raffle worth up to $5,000. Tickets are available now through December 7th and are offered at $20 per ticket. Only 1,000 tickets will be sold.
The grand winner will receive two (2) round trip tickets to any major airport in the world; Dinner for two (2) at a restaurant of their choice; and hotel accommodations for two nights at a hotel or accommodation of their choice. Additional runner-up prizes are available.
Winners may also submit a proposal to the raffle committee if they have something that doesn’t fit under the normal definition of the “winnings”. Perhaps the winner wants a lakeside cabin for a week here in Maine, with a catered dinner for their family. All of the contest rules are available at uubangorraffle.weebly.com .
The UUSB uses these funds to further the many social outreach programs that are core to its organization, including:
● Feeding over 3800 meals provided at the UUSB; bag lunches; and meals at the Salvation Army soup kitchen, as well as at the free holiday meal.
● Funding providing on an as-needed basis through our ministers fund to local families in need.
● Funds provided to local charities for people and families in need.
● Offering reduced rental space to social, social justice, and other non-profit organizations for meetings and events.
● Working with other congregations to run a free school in Guatemala.
Tickets may be purchased at the UU Society office Tuesday through Friday from 10 am to noon; after service on Sundays; or at Tea and Tarts in Downtown Bangor. You can also call
the UUSB office at 207-947-7009 to ask about how you can get tickets or just for more information.
For more information, Contact Tom Bickford/Christine Sprague
(207) 866-1180 (Tom – Organizer)
(207) 735-3748 (Tom Cell)
(207) 947-7009 (Christine – Office)
120 Park Street, Bangor, ME