- Category: Uncategorised
- Created on Wednesday, 11 October 2017 15:24
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 76254
FOX Network broadcasts two audio channels. One designated "ENGLISH" and one designed "SPANISH" on viewers digital TV's. On selected FOX network programming, such as Major League Baseball, NASCAR, NFL On FOX, COPS, America's Most Wanted specials, and certain movies, on the Spanish channel FOX will replace the English audio that is heard on the ENGLISH main channel with either Spanish language or a new thing the FCC calls "Audio Description" where a narrators voice will describe in short phrases what is happening on the screen for those viewers who are visually impaired.
Homer: YOU LITTLE ….!!!!!
Bart: (Choking sound)
Narrator: Homer chokes Bart.
This sometimes confuses viewers who mistakenly think the TV station has gone crazy or has been taken over. In reality there is no issue with the broadcast. You may only experience this on WFVX or it just started with the current program or it is only during the race (ballgame, movie, etc.) and all the commercials are fine. This confirms there is nothing wrong with the broadcast.
The problem is the viewer has accidentally or maybe on purpose, changed the audio channel from ENGLISH to SPANISH and doesn't realize it. Most of the time, English will be broadcast on the SPANISH channel when there is no programming providing Spanish audio so most viewers never realize they are on the incorrect audio channel until a program with Spanish or Audio Description is broadcast. It is very easy to correct. Only the viewer can fix this. The TV station has no way to correct the issue.
And here is how you do it.
On a viewer's remote control there may be wording something like MTS or SAP or AUDIO or SPANISH. By pushing the appropriate button will normally cycle through the choices until the correct setting is found. For viewers who do not have a remote control or their remote control does not list any audio settings, the viewer will need to go into the digital TV or converter box MENU and look for AUDIO. In those settings will list the audio channels available and can be changed there. The settings can be changed when English is being broadcast. Watch for the current setting displayed on your TV screen to see which audio channel is active.
Performing this task will change the audio setting from the SPANISH audio channel back to the ENGLISH audio channel.
- Man seriously injured in motorcycle accident
- Woman seriously hurt in motorcycle crash
- State Police are investigating a fatal crash in Howland
- Annual Relay for Life kicks off
- CDC says restaurant worker had hepatitis
- Medway drug incidents lead to arrests
- Woman charged with stealing $100K from Hancock County nonprofit
- Man to serve 30 days for crash that killed daughter
- Ayla Reynold's father responds to wrongful death suit
- Road work resumes in vicinity of 6 State St.
- Police: alleged intruder went to wrong house to sell drugs
- Holden boy gets wish granted with new playset
- Local businesses recognized at annual awards
- Bill seeks to create mental health work group
- Maine highway deaths increase
- KeyBank employees make a difference
- Millionaire to be sentenced for having sex with teen on autopiloted plane
- Australia's prime minister set to form majority government
- Dallas transgender woman who was assaulted on video found dead: police
- Kashmir group seeks UN probe into torture by India troops
- Veteran impaled by stolen tripod dropped on California freeway
- US destroyer sails in disputed South China Sea to ‘challenge excessive’ claims by China
- Conservatives look set to form gov't after Australia vote
- Jimmy Carter finds renaissance in 2020 Democratic scramble
- Dan Gainor: Alabama abortion law, other legislation has liberal media close to letting out a primal scream
- Alice Johnson, Great-grandmother who had sentence commuted by Trump, 'knew that God was going to get me out'
- Trey Gowdy: Brennan, Clapper and Comey know full well dossier was used in the intelligence assessment
- Pete Buttigieg says 'media noise machine' took Thomas Jefferson comments 'out of control'
- Pete Buttigieg says Trump’s ‘grotesque’ tweets, insults don’t bother him: ‘I don’t care’
- Alaska man given Coast Guard medal years after girl's rescue
- Buttigieg takes on Trump, pitches four new tax hikes in Fox News Town Hall
- Mark Levin: Why the founding fathers, Patriot press would be 'astonished' at what the media has become
- Brazil officials report 'massacre'; media say 11 dead at bar
- US has the military might, but Iran will lean on proxies and militias if they get dragged into conflict
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Harold Varner III implodes with 81 in final group at PGA Championship
- Brooks Koepka survives late stumble to retain PGA Championship by 2 shots, after starting day 7 ahead
- Green, Warriors beat Blazers for 3-0 lead in West finals
- Bodexpress throws jockey, steals the spotlight at Preakness Stakes
- Preakness Stakes will take place without Kentucky Derby winner for the first time in 23 years
- New York Jets reportedly interested in Peyton Manning for GM job
- Lamar Odom reveals he used prosthetic penis to pass drug test so he could play at the Olympics
- Koepka shatters 36-hole record and builds 7-shot lead at PGA
- 24th horse dies at Southern California track
- Bucks top Raptors 125-103 for 2-0 East finals lead
- Alex Rodriguez may have a tough time pursuing legal action over viral toilet pic
- Blues top Sharks to tie series as goalie Binnington sparkles again