- Category: Uncategorised
- Created on Wednesday, 11 October 2017 15:24
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 76575
FOX Network broadcasts two audio channels. One designated "ENGLISH" and one designed "SPANISH" on viewers digital TV's. On selected FOX network programming, such as Major League Baseball, NASCAR, NFL On FOX, COPS, America's Most Wanted specials, and certain movies, on the Spanish channel FOX will replace the English audio that is heard on the ENGLISH main channel with either Spanish language or a new thing the FCC calls "Audio Description" where a narrators voice will describe in short phrases what is happening on the screen for those viewers who are visually impaired.
Homer: YOU LITTLE ….!!!!!
Bart: (Choking sound)
Narrator: Homer chokes Bart.
This sometimes confuses viewers who mistakenly think the TV station has gone crazy or has been taken over. In reality there is no issue with the broadcast. You may only experience this on WFVX or it just started with the current program or it is only during the race (ballgame, movie, etc.) and all the commercials are fine. This confirms there is nothing wrong with the broadcast.
The problem is the viewer has accidentally or maybe on purpose, changed the audio channel from ENGLISH to SPANISH and doesn't realize it. Most of the time, English will be broadcast on the SPANISH channel when there is no programming providing Spanish audio so most viewers never realize they are on the incorrect audio channel until a program with Spanish or Audio Description is broadcast. It is very easy to correct. Only the viewer can fix this. The TV station has no way to correct the issue.
And here is how you do it.
On a viewer's remote control there may be wording something like MTS or SAP or AUDIO or SPANISH. By pushing the appropriate button will normally cycle through the choices until the correct setting is found. For viewers who do not have a remote control or their remote control does not list any audio settings, the viewer will need to go into the digital TV or converter box MENU and look for AUDIO. In those settings will list the audio channels available and can be changed there. The settings can be changed when English is being broadcast. Watch for the current setting displayed on your TV screen to see which audio channel is active.
Performing this task will change the audio setting from the SPANISH audio channel back to the ENGLISH audio channel.
- Memorial Day parades, observances around the region
- Road work affecting Main Street traffic
- Woman killed, man hurt in early morning ATV crash
- Maine Coast Hospital offering Tuesday vaccine class, shots
- Attorney: Trial begins Tuesday in Bar Harbor teen's death
- Walkers, runners brave rain for Courageous Steps
- Bangor food truck fest draws 3,000 foodies
- Brick Church raises funds to clothe, feed needy
- Mainers weigh in on bicentennial flag design
- Baileyville women facing drug charges
- Alabama lawmaker seeks to censure Democrat for comments about abortion, Trump Jr.
- Inmate acquitted of guard's slaying in Delaware prison riot
- VA Sec. Wilkie: We've 'changed out leadership' at VA centers, proposed largest budget
- Assange indicted on 18 counts, accused of coordinating with Manning to leak classified national-security docs
- Trump signing memorandum requiring immigrant sponsors to pay for social services
- USDA staffers quit en masse as Trump administration eyes moving offices out of DC
- Fox Nation announces new shows hosted by Tyrus, Kat Timpf, Tammy Bruce and Lawrence Jones
- 5 indicted in Wisconsin accused of forced immigrant labor
- Camps harden vaccine rules amid US measles outbreak
- Police search for driver suspected in Utah highway killing
- Prosecutor to decide if police who shot kids can be charged
- NTSB: Plane veered back and forth before stopping in river
- The Latest: Memorial held for Texas woman shot by officer
- Ex-Ohio State coach pleads guilty in sexual battery case
- Prisoner charged in cellmate's death has killed twice before
- NYU commencement speaker calls for a boycott of Israel, says Trump is a 'fascist'
- As nuclear weapons risk escalates, debate grows about 'vintage' US arsenal
- Woman who helped put away serial killer awaits his execution
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- The Lonely Island releases satire film spoofing Mark McGwire, Jose Canseco
- NFL star's distant family members accuse player of making threats as man faces extortion charges
- Fab Five could reunite thanks to Michigan's hiring of Juwan Howard, Jalen Rose says
- US soccer star Alex Morgan plans to decline any White House invite after World Cup
- Los Angeles Dodgers' Rich Hill launches into profane tirade after bunt single during shift
- Pittsburgh Pirates' Josh Bell becomes first player to hit two homers directly into Allegheny River
- NCAA Division III school being booted from conference over athletic dominance
- Dennis Rodman accused of slapping man at Florida bar: report
- Drake's sideline antics draw ire of Milwaukee Bucks coach, rapper responds to criticism
- Russian weightlifter suffers gruesome injury trying to squat more than 500 pounds
- Ex-MLB slugger Josh Hamilton reveals conversation with God led him to retirement
- Kenya's Olympic track coach banned 10 years for corruption