- Category: Uncategorised
- Created on Wednesday, 11 October 2017 15:24
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 66775
FOX Network broadcasts two audio channels. One designated "ENGLISH" and one designed "SPANISH" on viewers digital TV's. On selected FOX network programming, such as Major League Baseball, NASCAR, NFL On FOX, COPS, America's Most Wanted specials, and certain movies, on the Spanish channel FOX will replace the English audio that is heard on the ENGLISH main channel with either Spanish language or a new thing the FCC calls "Audio Description" where a narrators voice will describe in short phrases what is happening on the screen for those viewers who are visually impaired.
Homer: YOU LITTLE ….!!!!!
Bart: (Choking sound)
Narrator: Homer chokes Bart.
This sometimes confuses viewers who mistakenly think the TV station has gone crazy or has been taken over. In reality there is no issue with the broadcast. You may only experience this on WFVX or it just started with the current program or it is only during the race (ballgame, movie, etc.) and all the commercials are fine. This confirms there is nothing wrong with the broadcast.
The problem is the viewer has accidentally or maybe on purpose, changed the audio channel from ENGLISH to SPANISH and doesn't realize it. Most of the time, English will be broadcast on the SPANISH channel when there is no programming providing Spanish audio so most viewers never realize they are on the incorrect audio channel until a program with Spanish or Audio Description is broadcast. It is very easy to correct. Only the viewer can fix this. The TV station has no way to correct the issue.
And here is how you do it.
On a viewer's remote control there may be wording something like MTS or SAP or AUDIO or SPANISH. By pushing the appropriate button will normally cycle through the choices until the correct setting is found. For viewers who do not have a remote control or their remote control does not list any audio settings, the viewer will need to go into the digital TV or converter box MENU and look for AUDIO. In those settings will list the audio channels available and can be changed there. The settings can be changed when English is being broadcast. Watch for the current setting displayed on your TV screen to see which audio channel is active.
Performing this task will change the audio setting from the SPANISH audio channel back to the ENGLISH audio channel.
- One man killed in Buckfield head-on accident
- New partnership looks to help small businesses
- Fire destroys Eastbrook home
- New EZ Mart opens in Hermon
- Dysart's now has AEDs
- Lawmaker wants to change referendum process
- Hallowell woman drives car through garage
- List of accused former priests includes 7 who taught in Maine
- Westbrook river ice disk goes viral
- Children's Caucus recommends investing in early learning
- Vigil honors Martin Luther King and his message
- Darling's receives award for work with The Courageous Steps Project
- Holden police to host "Warm Up Wednesday"
- Free YMCA memberships for employees affected by shutdown
- Accused dog killer may face additional jail time
- Fox News @ Night – Wednesday, January 16
- Hannity – Wednesday, January 16
- 8 things you didn't know about Candace Cameron Bure
- Renting your home? Here's 7 things a traveler never want to see
- Joey Fatone says there’s no *NSYNC reunion being planned but ‘never say never’
- FBI records, emails, Social Security numbers exposed in massive data leak, security experts say
- The Ingraham Angle – Wednesday, January 16
- Ocasio-Cortez's latest role on Capitol Hill: Twitter tutor for House Democrats
- John Stossel: Government shutdown lessons -- We could take a chainsaw to so much of government
- Dan Bongino: Hey, Rep. Ocasio-Cortez, show us how it's done and donate 70 percent of your income to the government
- Tammy Bruce: It's time to stand up and stop this pathological frenzy to marginalize boys and men
- March for Life -- Here's why I (still) march
- Jason Chaffetz: The Senate should vote to open the government, fund the wall and force Dems to vote 'nay'
- In latest reversal, Gillibrand now supports letting illegal immigrants get driver's licenses
- Tucker Carlson Tonight – Wednesday, January 16
- 'So much stupidity' surrounding battle over border wall: Jonah Goldberg
- Dispute at IHOP restaurant in Alabama leads to 2 shooting deaths, 1 injury, police say
- Raleigh cop, now fighting for his life, was shot multiple times at close range, report says
- What Is A Puja Ceremony? Inside Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas' Pre-Wedding Ritual
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Ex-NFLer Richie Incognito went into hiding after online 'threat' by teammate he allegedly bullied, report says
- NFL, NBA and MLB come around to sports betting after realizing it could be a cash cow
- Knicks' Enes Kanter subject of Turkey international arrest warrant request
- Ex-NFL Pro Bowl wide receiver details past relationship with Jeff Bezos' girlfriend Lauren Sanchez
- Miami Dolphins beat writer dismisses Colin Kaepernick, says Satan would be better quarterback
- John Wetteland, former World Series MVP, allegedly forced young relative to perform sex act on him, police say
- Atlanta Falcons player Takkarist McKinley undergoes mental evaluation after hotel 'incident': report
- Austin FC to become Major League Soccer's 27th team in 2021
- Super Bowl LIII planners in Atlanta: This shutdown means ‘uncharted territory’
- Reggie Bush says Clemson’s fast food spread from Trump was ‘disrespectful on so many levels’
- New York Jets' Adam Gase's intense look goes viral during introductory press conference
- Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova offer different reactions to emotional opponents after their matches