- Category: Uncategorised
- Created on Wednesday, 11 October 2017 15:24
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 63208
FOX Network broadcasts two audio channels. One designated "ENGLISH" and one designed "SPANISH" on viewers digital TV's. On selected FOX network programming, such as Major League Baseball, NASCAR, NFL On FOX, COPS, America's Most Wanted specials, and certain movies, on the Spanish channel FOX will replace the English audio that is heard on the ENGLISH main channel with either Spanish language or a new thing the FCC calls "Audio Description" where a narrators voice will describe in short phrases what is happening on the screen for those viewers who are visually impaired.
Homer: YOU LITTLE ….!!!!!
Bart: (Choking sound)
Narrator: Homer chokes Bart.
This sometimes confuses viewers who mistakenly think the TV station has gone crazy or has been taken over. In reality there is no issue with the broadcast. You may only experience this on WFVX or it just started with the current program or it is only during the race (ballgame, movie, etc.) and all the commercials are fine. This confirms there is nothing wrong with the broadcast.
The problem is the viewer has accidentally or maybe on purpose, changed the audio channel from ENGLISH to SPANISH and doesn't realize it. Most of the time, English will be broadcast on the SPANISH channel when there is no programming providing Spanish audio so most viewers never realize they are on the incorrect audio channel until a program with Spanish or Audio Description is broadcast. It is very easy to correct. Only the viewer can fix this. The TV station has no way to correct the issue.
And here is how you do it.
On a viewer's remote control there may be wording something like MTS or SAP or AUDIO or SPANISH. By pushing the appropriate button will normally cycle through the choices until the correct setting is found. For viewers who do not have a remote control or their remote control does not list any audio settings, the viewer will need to go into the digital TV or converter box MENU and look for AUDIO. In those settings will list the audio channels available and can be changed there. The settings can be changed when English is being broadcast. Watch for the current setting displayed on your TV screen to see which audio channel is active.
Performing this task will change the audio setting from the SPANISH audio channel back to the ENGLISH audio channel.
- Pittsfield farmhouse lost to fire
- Man arrested after fleeing police, crashing car
- Woman arrested after driving through crash scene, hitting 6 vehicles
- A Washington auto body shop goes up in flames
- Teenager hits side of house in Perham
- Third annual Downeast Festival of Trees wrapped up Sunday
- Millinocket artisan craft fair is a big hit
- Farm house total loss after fire
- Massachusetts man arrested after police chase
- Journal of murdered woman must be turned over
- What's next for ranked-choice voting
- Grand jury indicts Bucksport, Ellsworth residents on meth charges
- Husson students celebrate computer science
- Latest transportation tech showcased at annual conference
- Best tasting water in Maine
- Alleged drug dealer, man accused of assaulting family indicted
- Corinth drug raid leads to 2 arrests
- Amazon price guide, the best smart speakers and more: Tech Q&A
- Outnumbered - Monday, December 10
- Kurtz: Could porn star payoffs really sink a president?
- Homeless woman throws hot coffee in doughnut shop owner's face
- Biggest celebrity social media blunders of 2018
- Jehovah's Witness halls in Washington state targeted by arson attacks, at least 5 since March
- ‘Family Guy’ buries Carrie Fisher's character, honors late 'Star Wars' actress with emotional eulogy
- John Yoo: Mueller could spark a constitutional confrontation
- Firefighter who lost home in Camp Fire gets donated refurbished bus from strangers
- Chicago campaign volunteer shot on Facebook Live while handing out pamphlets
- Ice a concern after deadly snowstorm hits Southeast
- Macron: Violent protests are unacceptable
- US starts to withdraw troops from Trump border mission
- Indiana boy, 16, arrested in killing of pregnant high school cheerleader
- NASA Voyager 2 enters interstellar space
- Teacher ban on 'Large Afros' at school concert criticized
- Napolitano to Trump: Do not take Mueller memos lightly
- Russia's 'werewolf' killer, convicted of 56 more deaths
- What Is A Puja Ceremony? Inside Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas' Pre-Wedding Ritual
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Menendez brothers appear to be in background of NBA trading card
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston gets into heated argument with offensive lineman
- Kaepernick would reportedly sign with any NFL team -- even the Redskins
- Washington Redskins QB Josh Johnson had to learn teammates' names through 'Madden'
- Miami defeats Patriots in dramatic fashion, touchdown on final play
- American figure skater falls head first after partner loses his grip
- Ex-NFL star linebacker Isiah Robertson killed in car crash in Texas
- MLB players killed in Venezuela crash may have been robbery targets, authorities say
- Lance Armstrong slams Alex Rodriguez, complains about PED use 'double standard'
- Luis Valbuena, Jose Castillo's deaths may have been criminal act, reports say
- Former MLB players Luis Valbuena, Jose Castillo killed in car crash in Venezuela
- Cowboys star Ezekiel Elliott blasts NFL after fine for post-TD donation to Salvation Army