Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
BAR HARBOR - Acadia National Park offers some of the most beautiful views in New England. Maintaining the historic vistas can be a big undertaking, and leaves behind a lot of excess wood.
"Everywhere you ride on a carriage road and traditionally you would have a view out to the ocean but the trees have grown up," said Acadia National Park Public Affairs Specialist Christie Anastasia. "We go in there and systematically cut them down and that's why we have a little bit more wood than we normally would need at this point."
The park is offering 25-dollar permits for people to come and collect as much as two cords of wood, but there is one condition.
"Right now you have to be within a 50-mile driving radius of Otter Creek to be eligible for the wood," said Anastasia.
To reserve a spot, customers must call (207) 288-8791 between Saturday Cctober 20 and Friday the 26. Around 15 people will be given the chance to collect the wood. All others who call will be put on a waiting list.
"We totally expect some people are going to come collect the wood, dry it out, split it, repackage it and resell it as firewood to visitors," said Anastasia.
Park officials hope to get rid of all the wood by November 2. If selected, a ranger will contact you to schedule a time to pay for and collect the wood.
ELLSWORTH - In an effort to reduce plastic pollution, Ellsworth's Green Action Team has developed a draft ordinance that would ban all single-use plastic bags. On Thursday morning, community members and officials gathered at Ellsworth City Hall to talk about the issue.
BANGOR - A thrilling new fundraiser had people rappelling down the side of the Cross Insurance Center on Wednesday. The event aims to raise awareness for substance use disorder.
ELLSWORTH - Vacancies in the state's nursing workforce continue to grow, and the University of Maine System is taking steps to bring nursing education to the regions that need it most.
CHELSEA - In times of war, a stand down meant that exhausted soldiers could be removed from the battlefields to a place of safety. On Saturday that term was applied in a different, but equally helpful way.
BUCKSPORT - A once-forgotten cemetery sits near the Wastewater Treatment Facility in Bucksport. For years, the site was thought to be the resting place of Jeremiah Wardwell, the owner of an old tavern and inn during the 1800s. After some research, a new discovery was made.
BANGOR - Since 2011, GrowSmart Maine has taken its summit all throughout the state. The nonprofit's purpose is to grow and develop Maine without sacrificing the state's quality.
HERMON - Lewis "Billy" Hogan Jr. went missing 46 years ago while flying a yellow Citabria airplane from Connecticut to Houlton. During that time, Jerome Hogan has made it his mission to find the airplane and his brother.
ORONO - More than 6,500 Mainers have served as AmeriCorps members since the program began in 1993. On Tuesday, people from across the country took the pledge of service.
- Trump to give Medal of Honor to former Army staff sergeant who rescued entire squad in Iraq
- South Bend police union slams Buttigieg over response to police shooting of black man
- Fred Fleitz: Trump knows his Iran strategy is working – Now the ball is in Tehran's court
- Dean McDermott recalls the time his son walked in on him and Tori Spelling having sex
- LongHorn Steakhouse's new Steak and Bourbon Ice Cream is worth trying, but it's pretty weird
- Congress scrambles to agree on emergency border bill as White House, liberal Dems clash
- New Jersey cold case includes ransom phone call that said 'your daughter's life is the buttered topping'
- Bangladeshi 'Tree Man' begs for hands to be amputated to relieve pain, report says
- How Martian microbes could survive in the salty puddles of the Red Planet
- Rep. Andy Biggs: Border crisis -- Congress must provide funds to respond to the emergency, not perpetuate it
- Heatwave to scorch Europe, France amid Women's World Cup as hot weather alerts triggered
- John Stamos breaks silence on Lori Loughlin being written out of 'Fuller House' Season 5
- Puppy abandoned on side of Mississippi road in armchair, animal control says
- 7-year fight for Lake Washington shoreline ends with Seattle paying $800G to property owners, turning lot into public park
- White House threatens veto on House border bill
- White House threatens veto on current House emergency aid bill
- Trump accuser says most people think of rape as being 'sexy' in interview
- ‘Cursed’ wedding ring found zip-tied to steelhead’s tail during fishing tournament
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- St. Louis Cardinals' Jordan Hicks, who has thrown some of the fastest pitches in MLB this season, tears UCL
- Warriors' Andre Iguodala on one team's free agency hopes: 'Nobody’s gonna sign with the Knicks, sorry'
- Brett Favre spikes any chance of football comeback: 'The last thing I want to do is come back and play'
- ‘Make it crappy’: Adam Eaton supports minor-league exploitation
- Why Cam Newton offered passenger $1,500 to switch seat on flight from Paris
- Florida Panthers draft pick had driver's test same day he was selected
- Christine Sinclair tributes pour in after Canada eliminated from Women's World Cup
- US women's soccer star Megan Rapinoe hypes match against France: 'I hope it's a total s--t show circus'
- Trump says US soccer star Megan Rapinoe's protest during national anthem is wrong
- Warriors GM to meet soon with Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson
- Tiger Woods no longer target of wrongful-death suit
- Sweden eases past Canada to reach Women's World Cup quarterfinals