Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
BANGOR - As temperatures continue to drop, the need for hats and gloves grows. One local group is making sure everyone stays warm during the winter.
BAR HARBOR - Cancer affects the lives of people in many different ways. Today, a conference in bar harbor brought caregivers, patients and survivors together.
CLINTON - Maine continues to experience a work force shortage due to a population that is getting older and smaller. One local college is trying to meet the needs of businesses by providing a useful education to students.
SOUTHWEST HARBOR - A Pemetic Elementary School custodian has been serving her school for 40 years. Today, students and faculty came together to say thank you.
ORONO - On Saturday UMaine fans young and old came together to cheer on the Black Bears as they played Albany in their homecoming football game. Some chose to take their attention away from the field.
MILLINOCKET - A young man in Millinocket is refusing to let his disabilities hold him back. With help from a local organization, he's landed a job and is fitting right in with his community.
MACHIAS - The Nash building has been a symbol on Main Street in Machias for years. It has historic ties to local business and will now be used to jumpstart downtown revitalization.
AUGUSTA - Nearly 100 Maine schools cast ballots in this year's mock election. Students from around the state met in Augusta today for the "Rally and Tally"' event.
BANGOR - While there's been a lot of attention on question one of Maine's ballot measures, voters still have four other referendum questions to consider. The four bond issues could improve the quality of education, transportation and water across the state.
BANGOR - The Eastern Maine Walk to End Alzheimer's returned to the Bangor Waterfront this morning. The event raises awareness and money for the disease.
- Tent collapses amid thunderstorm, heavy rain killing at least 14, injuring 50 in India
- Ohio serial killer's mother stabbed to death in inside home, 3 children also injured, police say
- Burger King worker falls through roof, gets leg stuck: 'The rescue was very challenging'
- New York Times columnist follows AOC's lead, declares Trump ‘is running concentration camps at the border’
- 'Catfish' star Nev Schulman shares his advice to avoid getting tricked by online frauds
- Prosecuting Florida woman who turned in estranged husband’s guns sets ‘scary precedent,’ lawmaker says
- NASA to launch a deep-space atomic clock tonight
- Sanders calls for wiping out $1.6 trillion in student debt by taxing Wall Street
- Pickup truck driver arrested following New Hampshire highway collision that left 7 motorcyclists dead
- Teen’s brain tumors allegedly misdiagnosed as ‘anorexia’
- American in Vietnam sentenced to 12 years in prison for 'attempting to overthrow the state'
- Supreme Court strikes down ban on scandalous trademarks, in dispute over ‘FUCT’ clothing line
- Hawaii skydiving plane accident investigation shifts focus to 'quality' of repairs made following 2016 crash
- Gen. Jack Keane: Trump is first president in 39 years to be on 'strategic offensive' against Iran
- Kristan Hawkins: Planned Parenthood forum shows Dem presidential field chooses abortion over women
- Conway on recommendation she be fired for Hatch Act violations: 'They want to silence me, chill free speech'
- Alice Cooper explains 'death pact' with wife: 'We have a life pact'
- Corey Lewandowski: Here come the Democratic debates – 20 candidates, 2 nights, 1 giant mess
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Phoenix Suns' Josh Jackson accused of getting 5-month-old daughter high with marijuana use: report
- New York Knicks rookie RJ Barrett reveals where his NFL allegiances lay
- Los Angeles Rams coach Sean McVay engaged to longtime model girlfriend Veronika Khomyn
- 'Miracle on Ice' team member's missing hockey stick returned to Michigan arena after nearly 40 years
- Tom Brady intends to 'foster' troubled teammate Josh Gordon: report
- Toronto Blue Jays' Marcus Stroman fires back after Dennis Eckersley criticizes him
- UFC fighter Jair Rozenstruik almost beats knockout record in bout with Allen Crowder
- Cameroon player appears to spit on opponent during heated match
- Brazilian soccer legend Marta gives impassioned speech to young players
- France beats Brazil 2-1 in extra time, reaches WCup quarters
- Hannah Green holds her nerve and becomes major champion
- Murray completes fairytale return, Lopez claims 2 titles