Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
STATEWIDE - Democrat Jared Golden has officially won the race in Maine's 2nd congressional district. Despite this, Representative Bruce Poliquin will continue his lawsuit questioning the constitutionality of ranked-choice voting.
BAR HARBOR - Power outages are common during winter, especially in the isolated areas of Mount Desert Island. Thanks to the purchase of a new emergency generator, MDI Hospital is ready for anything Mother Nature has in store.
AUGUSTA - Organizations from around the state met in Augusta today to discuss Maine's future. A new plan focuses on the health of the state's water, energy, land and food.
BANGOR - The Maine Troop Greeters Museum opened just one year ago. On Saturday, they welcomed visitors to Greeters Hall and celebrated the occasion.
AUGUSTA - The race for Maine's 2nd Congressional District will now be determined by ranked-choice voting. It's the first time in US history that a congressional race will be decided by that voting method. The elections staff began the process this morning.
BLUE HILL - Blue Hill resident Jessica Grindle was reported missing in early August. On Wednesday, human remains were found in the same location that she was last seen. Grindle's family is standing by as authorities work to identify the body.
BAR HARBOR - Volunteers gathered at Acadia National Park this morning to help clear the historic carriage roads. Despite the rain, hundreds of people came to offer help.
BANGOR - As temperatures continue to drop, the need for hats and gloves grows. One local group is making sure everyone stays warm during the winter.
- Clarence Thomas calls for abandoning 'demonstrably erroneous' precedent, touching off Roe v. Wade speculation
- The Latest: Reports of shots fired at Raptors parade
- Latest: LAPD reviewing officer's actions in Costco shooting
- Report: Childhood poverty persists in fast-growing Southwest
- At least 2 injured in Toronto Raptors victory rally gunfire, police say; crowd runs from scene
- Dozens of 'Parrotheads' reportedly sickened during trip to Dominican Republic
- Rep. Doug Collins: Robert Mueller's Russia investigation based on 'false premises'
- Climate talks held as Arctic ice melts, concerns grow
- Standoff escalates between Trump administration, Turkey over deal with Russia
- Andrew Stein: Joe Biden stands for nothing except Joe Biden (and that ought to make Dems nervous)
- Michael Avenatti labels Alyssa Milano a 'disgusting hypocrite' after tweet about his November arrest
- Lawyers ask board to spare condemned Georgia man's life
- 'All That' alum Danny Tamberelli welcomes first child
- EU to wait for official report on Iranian compliance
- Sentencing for pastor convicted of sex charges rescheduled
- Chris Matthews: Many pro-life voters feel Democrats 'look down' on them
- Bodies of woman and her son, 3, found in remote Oregon after boy’s father arrested on murder charges
- Did Van Gogh shoot himself? Auction of pistol reignites debate.
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Kawhi Leonard urged to stay with Toronto Raptors during team's championship parade
- Baltimore Ravens' Michael Pierce owns up to poor conditioning after being booted from practice
- Tyson Fury shows off incredible head movement during Tom Schwarz fight
- Gary Woodland channeled young golfer's 'positive energy' en route to US Open victory
- LeBron James leads Los Angeles Lakers' reactions to reported Anthony Davis trade
- College wrestling star, teammate arrested on suspicion of criminal sexual conduct
- Chicago Cubs' Theo Epstein optimistic Ben Zobrist will return amid divorce
- Julie Ertz's husband, Philadelphia Eagles' Zach Ertz, celebrates wife's first Women's World Cup goal
- Kansas City Chiefs star Travis Kelce opens about Kareem Hunt release: 'It ripped our hearts out'
- David Ortiz's doctors describe life-saving surgery: 'The injuries he had were lethal'
- Toronto Raptors urged by mayor to visit Ottawa over Washington: 'Forget the White House'
- LaVar Ball vows Lakers will 'never win another championship' after team reportedly trades his son