Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
MILLINOCKET - One man is dead and an entire house destroyed after a fire in Millinocket early this morning. The home was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived.
AUGUSTA - The recount for Maine's second congressional district continued today, and officials say they could finish the count sooner than originally expected.
BELFAST - Maine voters legalized recreational marijuana sales more than two years ago, but state regulators have yet to license the first retail store. The delay could be causing some losses in tax revenue.
MILLINOCKET - Thousands of runners overcame the freezing temperatures today for the fourth annual Millinocket Marathon. They were assisted by the many volunteers who lined the course.
AUGUSTA - Leaders and community members from across the state gathered in Augusta today to discuss the future of Maine's economy and environment.
AUGUSTA - In the midst of Bruce Poliquin's lawsuit against ranked-choice voting, the recount process for Congressional District 2 has begun. The hand count could to take up to four weeks.
AUGUSTA - It was swearing-in day for the 129th Maine Legislature. New lawmakers are getting ready for the next session, and today they elected the new constitutional officers.
MILLINOCKET - The Millinocket Marathon continues to grow, attracting runners from all over the region. The influx of people gives the town a much-needed boost during the slow season.
ELLSWORTH - This weekend, members of the Red Knights' Maine Chapter III were raising money for a number of local charities.
ELLSWORTH - Hundreds gathered in Ellsworth on Saturday for their 38th Annual Downtown Christmas Parade.
- Rep. Andy Biggs: Border crisis -- Congress must provide funds to respond to the emergency, not perpetuate it
- Heatwave to scorch Europe, France amid Women's World Cup as hot weather alerts triggered
- John Stamos breaks silence on Lori Loughlin being written out of 'Fuller House' Season 5
- Puppy abandoned on side of Mississippi road in armchair, animal control says
- 7-year fight for Lake Washington shoreline ends with Seattle paying $800G to property owners, turning lot into public park
- White House threatens veto on House border bill
- White House threatens veto on current House emergency aid bill
- Trump accuser says most people think of rape as being 'sexy' in interview
- ‘Cursed’ wedding ring found zip-tied to steelhead’s tail during fishing tournament
- Liberal site rips Holocaust Museum for its 'dreadful' intervention in 'concentration camps' debate
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson is the ultimate family man and here are the quotes that prove it
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry spend $3M of taxpayers’ cash on Frogmore Cottage refurb: report
- Miss Hooters Tennessee contestant arrested for allegedly thrashing boyfriend’s house: report
- Emergency aid bill challenges Pelosi’s grip on Democrats
- Prosecution expert witness admits no evidence of stab wound in Navy SEAL war crimes trial
- New Jersey woman charged in the fatal stabbing of her identical twin
- Man allegedly shoots infant in head after mom spurns his advances: report
- Chicago 6-month-old on life support after cops say mom slammed him into furniture: report
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Florida Panthers draft pick had driver's test same day he was selected
- Christine Sinclair tributes pour in after Canada eliminated from Women's World Cup
- US women's soccer star Megan Rapinoe hypes match against France: 'I hope it's a total s--t show circus'
- Trump says US soccer star Megan Rapinoe's protest during national anthem is wrong
- Warriors GM to meet soon with Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson
- Tiger Woods no longer target of wrongful-death suit
- Sweden eases past Canada to reach Women's World Cup quarterfinals
- Mets manager Callaway, pitcher Vargas fined after fiery confrontation with reporter
- Megan Rapinoe's goals from the spot give US women 2-1 win over Spain, setup France meeting
- Phoenix Suns' Josh Jackson accused of getting 5-month-old daughter high with marijuana use: report
- New York Knicks rookie RJ Barrett reveals where his NFL allegiances lay
- Los Angeles Rams coach Sean McVay engaged to longtime model girlfriend Veronika Khomyn