Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
BREWER - Coffee was poured and tables were set Wednesday morning, as the American Red Cross of Northern and Eastern Maine invited the community to Brewer for a special breakfast.
SWANVILLE - A Waldo County man has been charged with the murder of 26-year-old Shane Sauer of Belfast. The shooting happened sometime before 4:45 this morning.
BANGOR - Time to break out the cowboy hats. The Professional Bull Riders are in town for the Velocity Tour Bangor Classic.
BANGOR - The most recent government shutdown created a period of financial uncertainty for many federal employees. While financial stress is inevitable, preparation can help alleviate that burden.
BANGOR - The winter weather kept many people off the roads today, making some local store owners nervous about their Valentine's Day sales.
BANGOR - The gift of love comes in many forms. On Valentine's Day, which this year falls on Thursday, patients at Beacon Hospice in Bangor will receive that gift in the form of a colorful collection of cards filled with inspirational and caring messages.
STATEWIDE - With Valentine's Day just around the corner, many local florists are getting ready for the busy holiday.
LINCOLN - On Tuesday, officials from Penobscot Valley Hospital announced their decision to file for bankruptcy protection. It comes after years of tough economic conditions in the Lincoln area.
SOMESVILLE - It was just last January when two young girls and a father were rescued after falling through the ice of Long Pond in Southwest Harbor. More than a year later, those first responders are being honored in a special way.
- 'Catfish' star Nev Schulman shares his advice to avoid getting tricked by online frauds
- Prosecuting Florida woman who turned in estranged husband’s guns sets ‘scary precedent,’ lawmaker says
- NASA to launch a deep-space atomic clock tonight
- Sanders calls for wiping out $1.6 trillion in student debt by taxing Wall Street
- Pickup truck driver arrested following New Hampshire highway collision that left 7 motorcyclists dead
- Teen’s brain tumors allegedly misdiagnosed as ‘anorexia’
- American in Vietnam sentenced to 12 years in prison for 'attempting to overthrow the state'
- Supreme Court strikes down ban on scandalous trademarks, in dispute over ‘FUCT’ clothing line
- Hawaii skydiving plane accident investigation shifts focus to 'quality' of repairs made following 2016 crash
- Gen. Jack Keane: Trump is first president in 39 years to be on 'strategic offensive' against Iran
- Kristan Hawkins: Planned Parenthood forum shows Dem presidential field chooses abortion over women
- Conway on recommendation she be fired for Hatch Act violations: 'They want to silence me, chill free speech'
- Alice Cooper explains 'death pact' with wife: 'We have a life pact'
- Corey Lewandowski: Here come the Democratic debates – 20 candidates, 2 nights, 1 giant mess
- FOP vice president slams 'disgusting' video of hecklers taunting police at scene of officer's death
- US blacklists Chinese supercomputer maker over security fears
- Walmart is using artificial intelligence to prevent checkout theft
- Formula sold at Walmart recalled after complaint about 'metal' in product
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- New York Knicks rookie RJ Barrett reveals where his NFL allegiances lay
- Los Angeles Rams coach Sean McVay engaged to longtime model girlfriend Veronika Khomyn
- 'Miracle on Ice' team member's missing hockey stick returned to Michigan arena after nearly 40 years
- Tom Brady intends to 'foster' troubled teammate Josh Gordon: report
- Toronto Blue Jays' Marcus Stroman fires back after Dennis Eckersley criticizes him
- UFC fighter Jair Rozenstruik almost beats knockout record in bout with Allen Crowder
- Cameroon player appears to spit on opponent during heated match
- Brazilian soccer legend Marta gives impassioned speech to young players
- France beats Brazil 2-1 in extra time, reaches WCup quarters
- Hannah Green holds her nerve and becomes major champion
- Murray completes fairytale return, Lopez claims 2 titles
- Seattle's addition looms as part of draft weekend story